This is REALLY annoying !

scallywagscallywag Registered Users 13 Posts
I'm at Level 26, Region 4. Enjoying Dino Hunter very much! Choc full of awesome goodness. However -

The following phenomena is beginning to drive me mad...

When you play a Contract Hunt and the message pops up with, for example, "A rifle is recommended. Equip one now?" and you tap on "Equip" you do NOT fill your weapon slot with the last rifle you used... you get an earlier (i.e., weaker) rifle.

This seems to occur on all of the prompts for Shotgun, Bow, etc. When you select "Equip" you should get the weapon from that category that you last used, whatever it was. You're using it because it's the most powerful and best accessorized.

But, no. If you don't go and check, you'll find you do not have the happening gun you've worked hard to own, you'll find you've equipped yourself with the wimpy one you stopped using ages ago. You're forced to tap on Back, Swap Out, select the weapon you want, Equip Weapon, then tap Next and then get to hunting. It's all a lot of needless tapping and navigating around.

Please, Glu. Make the default result of your "Equip" choice be the last weapon of that category that you used.

Anyone else have this gripe?

Comments

• Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts
    It also happens in Deer Hunter 2014. The automatic "Equip" does not always give you your best in the category. I learned the hard way to manually check which one I have before the hunt begins.

But yeah, I agree with you that the default result should be either the best in the category, or as you say, the last one you used in the category.
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad
  • scallywagscallywag Registered Users 13 Posts
    I figure the last-one-used would do it. Whether you want the most powerful you've got, or whether you've handicapped yourself deliberately with something underpowered, you're covered either way.
  • blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    Yeah, this annoyed me in DH2014 for a while. I'm used to it now, and manually select whatever weapon I want. Not clicking "equip" has become second nature.
    Facebook player
  • DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    I actually made a comment about this in the past, I said that if DH14 has the 2 options;"equip secondary" Equip primary"... then Dinos should have "equip recommended" and "Equip Best" or something like that
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • brodeenbrodeen Registered Users 539 Posts
    One may ignore the recommendated gun, however one need to be carefully select the gun. Go back and choose the best you think for the hunt..
    Device:android 4.2 10.1 Tablet
  • DeathShadow007DeathShadow007 Registered Users 593 Posts
    Yeah I've always hated this, which is why I always select 'Edit Loadout' nowadays.
    :cool: Blue iPhone 5c Verizon :cool:
  • swaggerjrswaggerjr Registered Users 116 Posts
    scallywag wrote: »
    I'm at Level 26, Region 4. Enjoying Dino Hunter very much! Choc full of awesome goodness. However -

The following phenomena is beginning to drive me mad...

When you play a Contract Hunt and the message pops up with, for example, "A rifle is recommended. Equip one now?" and you tap on "Equip" you do NOT fill your weapon slot with the last rifle you used... you get an earlier (i.e., weaker) rifle.

This seems to occur on all of the prompts for Shotgun, Bow, etc. When you select "Equip" you should get the weapon from that category that you last used, whatever it was. You're using it because it's the most powerful and best accessorized.

But, no. If you don't go and check, you'll find you do not have the happening gun you've worked hard to own, you'll find you've equipped yourself with the wimpy one you stopped using ages ago. You're forced to tap on Back, Swap Out, select the weapon you want, Equip Weapon, then tap Next and then get to hunting. It's all a lot of needless tapping and navigating around.

Please, Glu. Make the default result of your "Equip" choice be the last weapon of that category that you used.

Anyone else have this gripe?

Hey....i think...no matter about that..if u can see there...."equip"...mean..use required gear or weapon (power)...not to follow what region ur hunt....exp; doing contract hunt r4...but required gear r3....
    :cool:Android tablet note 10.1:rolleyes: