Exotic weapons: a problem of price

MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
I think that the exotic weapons are really overpriced. Something similar to which happens in DH 2014 with the multi region rifles. 480 golds is too much for a weapon that just allows to complete 10 hunts and get 30 golds. It is true that they can be used also in contract hunts but they are not necessary as all contract hunts can be easily completed with buck weapons. Considering that earning free gold in Dino Hunter for iOS players is really difficult, the alternative is spending real money. And paying 18 real dollars for a weapon with such a limited use does not make any sense (at least to me). So unless there is a good discounted offer, I will not add the Fenix and the Shredder to my armory (I have all other exotic weapons because when I bought them when the game was in beta prices were much more reasonable).
Prev1

Comments

• casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    I agree. I passed on all of the exotics. A bit to rich for me.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    I agree, not worth the gold.
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:
  • DeathShadow007DeathShadow007 Registered Users 593 Posts
    99 gold for the Exotics was the most reasonable because the series built up 30 gold, so that allowed you to build up more gold towards the next one: (30 gold - 30% of 99; compared to merely 6% of 480).
    :cool: Blue iPhone 5c Verizon :cool:
  • Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts
    I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that passed. I have amassed a grand total of 45 gold in DHDS, with close to half of it from playing the free turn on the Exotics. Every time the cute young girl makes me an offer to buy one of the Exotics, I sigh and go back to the regular hunts.
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad
  • SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    I bought 5 of the exotic weapons. I got 3 of the exotic weapons when there was that 60% off sale. Hopefully there are more sales in the future. I am also hoping to see some special events that require the use of the exotic weapons that are already in the weapon store.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    Wishful thinking, it would be nice though.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    I have not played any of the paid exotics...no regrets.....
    Say What??
  • lamestgameeverlamestgameever Registered Users 25 Posts
    Hurry and look outside, the pity truck is driving down the road. You're not getting any pity here!
  • TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    Hurry and look outside, the pity truck is driving down the road. You're not getting any pity here!
    Go away.....
    Say What??
  • wolfwolf32wolfwolf32 Registered Users 2 Posts
    I won't buy the exotic wepons unless they are like 90% off cuz there are no use for them
    wolfwolf32 wrote: »
    I won't buy the exotic wepons unless they are like 90% off cuz there are no use for them

There is a use for the exotic weapons. I use the exotic weapons for almost all of the hunts. The rifles, shotguns and the bows are just to similar to DH14. So to me using those weapons are boring.
  • MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
    Tdub wrote: »
    Go away.....

Don't feed the troll...isaurus!
  • Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    Get a phone and join the android club. Coins will be easier to collect. For DH 2014 I understand it is a big task but dino hunter is relatively new and you can finish all four regions in a week.
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • swaggerjrswaggerjr Registered Users 116 Posts
    Get a phone and join the android club. Coins will be easier to collect. For DH 2014 I understand it is a big task but dino hunter is relatively new and you can finish all four regions in a week.

Hey...how do i join the android club...? ......
    :cool:Android tablet note 10.1:rolleyes:
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    There is a use for the exotic weapons. I use the exotic weapons for almost all of the hunts. The rifles, shotguns and the bows are just to similar to DH14. So to me using those weapons are boring.

Sheppeck, what exotic have you found the most difficult to hunt with? I tried the shredder in opposed to a rifle in region 4. I could not complete! "Hunt Failed" lol!!
  • vid666vid666 Registered Users 76 Posts
    The use for exotic weps is to suck down your gold so you must pay real money. There is not enough replayability in this game to be worth more than $5 and that might be generous. As a free game it is fairly valued. I passed on all the exotics and will continue to enjoy this as a time waster free of charge. I wish they would make it harder like 20 instead of 4 of those blue D guys who attack you with a flying leap. Then I might actually buy an exotic... But then again I might as well use the free shottie. I was hoping they made this better than dh2014 but it is turning into same short and easy game, just dino skins. Still intrigued but feeling it could have been much better.
  • Ga8or22Ga8or22 Registered Users 34 Posts
    Amen - I'll take the free test of an exotic, but will save my gold for more appropriate uses.
    todfoxx wrote: »
    Sheppeck, what exotic have you found the most difficult to hunt with? I tried the shredder in opposed to a rifle in region 4. I could not complete! "Hunt Failed" lol!!
    The stinger is a little difficult to hunt with. Takes a little practice to lead the target. And the aiming of the striker is a little difficult. It has the iron sights. Which I like.
    The GenTech Fenix is a brute! On iPad he tosses the gun in the air then catches it, on kindle(android) he c*o*c*k*s the gun after it's shot. One of the differences between the two platforms.
    Hey, lamestdickever keep posting on this forum...do you want your address?
  • vca1100cvca1100c Registered Users 1 Posts
    I also declined to buy the exotics, way over priced. Why like on Deer Hunter cant you buy the exotics with cash instead of only gold?
  • pax681pax681 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Yup, the exotics are being used too gouge (ie rip us off).
    The prices are ridiculous and to buy them all thus far would cost a ridiculous amount of real cash, so until glu stop the blatant price gouging ,I will not be buying exotics which are fairly useless from all reports except for their own series of maps.
    Shame really the...but I can see grudging anything while the most folks don't have the guts to complain about what a rip off it it.
    For example... how much does an A-ist game cost? About 30-50 GBP ... dino hunter when buying a the exotics will cost more... from a minimum of 60GBP to a max of over 100 GBP depending on the amount purchased.
    While these games from glu are not bad time killers they are NOT worth more than an A-list game... not but a country mile.
    In my mind It's not dissimilar to the gouging done in 'cramming scams' on Mobile networks with text messages.
    Then don't play them. I don't.
    Many have the ability to get free gold through watching videos. It isn't much per video, but over time, it does add up. Some (like me) play on devices like Kindle, where there are no videos to watch. Kindle users mostly have to pay for gold. I cannot speak for all, but for me, I chose to let the "special" events pass on by.

I did cave in once and spent real cash for gold to win the AR100 in DH2014. I currently use that gun all the time playing contract hunts in region 12, so for now the expense seems worth it. It is nice to have a assault rifle that has IR. Eventually that gun will be obsolete (in future regions) and I will have to set it aside. I won't regret it, but it probably will be the last time I have a gun that versatile.

I keep hoping that eventually the Exotics can be purchased for hunters bucks, but I won't hold my breath.
  • appliancedudeappliancedude Registered Users 113 Posts
    I understand glu wanting to make money. That's the point of a business. But 480 gold is the equivolant of $20. For 10 hunts? So they want me to spend real money, $20 to be exact for roughly 10 minutes of game play? Not happening. At least the new event is 30 hunts but I'm still not paying $20 for 30 minutes of play.

The thing is, glu, with these prices, will make very little money. However if the exotics could be bought for say $3 real money, I'd have already completed all the events.

As it is I keep watching videos and trudging along. I've bought the stinger on the big sale. 180 or so.
  • Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    The frustrations are understandable. This is how Glu and other companies make their money. Thru in-app purchases. Dino hunter has scored phenomenal success with Glu, better than Deer hunter 2014. It is no surprise that events are added (exotics) with exotic prices as well. I guess that is the nature of the "game". Frustrating for IOS...maybe less frustrating for androiders like myself where coins are easier to garner. I must aay the solaris electro is electrifying. I am now using it in my contracts. Works peefectly for all hunts except large species (sinraptors...) where more than one electric shot is needed....
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
    The frustrations are understandable. This is how Glu and other companies make their money. Thru in-app purchases. Dino hunter has scored phenomenal success with Glu, better than Deer hunter 2014. It is no surprise that events are added (exotics) with exotic prices as well. I guess that is the nature of the "game". Frustrating for IOS...maybe less frustrating for androiders like myself where coins are easier to garner. I must aay the solaris electro is electrifying. I am now using it in my contracts. Works peefectly for all hunts except large species (sinraptors...) where more than one electric shot is needed....

Yes, this is how GLU and other companies make their money. I perfectly understand that and it makes perfect sense to me. What I do not understand is the reason for overpricing the exotic weapons this way. GLU knows that androiders will hardly spend a dime, no matter the price of any weapon, because they do not need to do it. Thanks to their ability to transfer gold between games they can buy anything without spending a real dollar. So they are not supposed to be a primary source of income for GLU. As to iOS players, I do not think that many will be prepared to spend 20 real USD to play 10 hunts and get a weapon to complete contract hunts that can be easily completed with buck weapons. In short, I do not understand the reasoning behind that pricing policy ....
    I don't understand how some devices provide their users a steady stream of gold while other devices leave their users with a wish sandwich.
    100% agree with you Menipo.

I guess players can be put into 3 categories.
    1. Big fish who are willing to shell out the bucks. Of these, there are few but they are very profitable.
    2. Little fish who are willing to spend SOME money, but not much. Of these, there are many but low profit.
    3. Bottom feeders who will under no circumstance pay any money (I count myself in this category). No profit, but high usage statistics for advertising money. Probably the largest category.

It is up to the product manager which category is targeted. Right now, it looks like #1. If they are satisfied with the returns, then the situation will not change. I suspect, however, that you will see future price flexibility to get the #2 players.

At least I hope so.
    I'm between 1 and 2. But again we all choose how and where to spend our money. I do hope, for the game to last Glu listens to all of us and lowers these prices. Or dino hunter will go extinct!