Goodbye and good riddance!!!

CanisLupusCanisLupus Registered Users 4 Posts
I didn't mind too much paying a few bucks playing Deer Hunter because there was enough of the game to make worth my while, but all Dino Hunter is turning out to be is a Video Game THEFT!!! You only seem to put in just enough to get players comfy for awhile, but then the reality of your true motives sets in.....you are simply conning people out of their money for a game that's going NOWHERE!!!! Not me, I'm outta here!!!!

Comments

• appliancedudeappliancedude Registered Users 113 Posts
    See ya.

But seriously. I get your frustration but GLU isn't conning anyone out of anything. Are the guns overpriced for what you get? Absolutely. But you know up front what it's gonna cost. Con? No. Ripoff? Yes. $20 real money to use on a 10 hunt series is ridiculous. But I am able to kill 10 minutes of my time every 1 1/2 hrs so for a free game it does it's job. If GLU wants my real money the they are gonna have to provide me with something worth real money.
  • Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    See ya.

But seriously. I get your frustration but GLU isn't conning anyone out of anything. Are the guns overpriced for what you get? Absolutely. But you know up front what it's gonna cost. Con? No. Ripoff? Yes. $20 real money to use on a 10 hunt series is ridiculous. But I am able to kill 10 minutes of my time every 1 1/2 hrs so for a free game it does it's job. If GLU wants my real money the they are gonna have to provide me with something worth real money.

I couldn't have said that better. I love the game but way to pricey for the weapons.
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:
  • 07shelbyds07shelbyds Registered Users 3 Posts
    I agree it seems when you get to Region 4 the game ends. You can not advance unless you pay real bucks to play the three exotics which is crazy. All of the exotics requires gold. There isn't a single weapon that can be purchased with the money earned through out the game. It's bad enough that all of the semi autos require gold too. But I am done unless Glu makes this game more affordable.
  • aj1968aj1968 Registered Users 5 Posts
    I agree this game is way too pricey. I'll stick to deer Hunter 2014. You get millions of Hunter bucks here and can't do anything with them. In Deer Hunter I have 25 million Hunter bucks which is almost $14,000. If I had to buy the at $99. For 160,000. Why can't we trade some in for gold?
  • appliancedudeappliancedude Registered Users 113 Posts
    The game is a work in progress. It won't be long and region 5 will be out. And I'm sure glu will add additional stuff as well. This isn't life, it's a time killer. And it's free. No one can force me to spend real money. I'll keep playing what I can and as I earn enough gold I'll buy a exotic and waste another 10 minutes ;)
  • RipstaRipsta Registered Users 9 Posts
    A post like this is like blocking somebody on Facebook and usin a mates account to keep looking , I wonder how many times the OP has come back to read the replies lol
  • DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    Yea, there are definately still changing things around. I guarantee they have alot of ideas that they are playing around with and just trying to decide if and when they should actually put them into the game.
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • CanisLupusCanisLupus Registered Users 4 Posts
    I'm reading them right now.
  • CanisLupusCanisLupus Registered Users 4 Posts
    The entire game should have been completed long before they came out with it. I didn't mind "paying real money" for some of the stuff in Deer Hunter, but Dino Hunter is flat out ridiculous in their greed. Every "exotic" weapon they have is 480 in gold, and that amounts to $20.00 EACH?!?! Not to mention all of the other items they charge stupid high prices for. At least in Deer Hunter, you can still enjoy playing the game without being REQUIRED to purchase weapons just to make it through the levels (which are, of course, a "work in progress"!!)!!!
  • SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    CanisLupus wrote: »
    The entire game should have been completed long before they came out with it. I didn't mind "paying real money" for some of the stuff in Deer Hunter, but Dino Hunter is flat out ridiculous in their greed. Every "exotic" weapon they have is 480 in gold, and that amounts to $20.00 EACH?!?! Not to mention all of the other items they charge stupid high prices for. At least in Deer Hunter, you can still enjoy playing the game without being REQUIRED to purchase weapons just to make it through the levels (which are, of course, a "work in progress"!!)!!!

Your post really doesn't make a lot of sense. Every exotic weapon is not 480 gold. Check out the sales on the exotic weapons. And you don't need the gold weapons to advance to the next region.

And your statement "that the game should have been completed long before they came out with it" is not understandable.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    The game is free. It's a new game, so level 4 is as far as it goes at the moment, no matter what you spend. Sure, you can buy things to play other special hunts, but if it's more than you want to spend, just don't play those! It's pretty simple. I've played a ton of this and DH2014, and have spent all of 8 bucks. And I didn't have to spend that, and frankly, don't feel it was a value, though I didn't mind supporting Glu for making these great games.
    Facebook player
  • michaeljpmichaeljp Registered Users 36 Posts
    blue ridge wrote: »
    The game is free. It's a new game, so level 4 is as far as it goes at the moment, no matter what you spend. Sure, you can buy things to play other special hunts, but if it's more than you want to spend, just don't play those! It's pretty simple. I've played a ton of this and DH2014, and have spent all of 8 bucks. And I didn't have to spend that, and frankly, don't feel it was a value, though I didn't mind supporting Glu for making these great games.

That's a good point you make blue ridge, " I don't mind supporting Glu for making these great games" Glu is a business they are here to make money and it's up to us whether we give them any or not. They are not holding an exotic weapon to our heads saying " buy these guns or else" . I have spent some real money in deer hunter knowing full well that I did not have to. We have a choice spend real money or not. The game is free to play. And good on Glu for making the games in the first place.
    yup, personally I am starting to lean towards the free route cause my life took an awesome turn and I just dont have any time to play, **** I am up at 630 and havent slept nor will I cause I am hitting the beach tomorrow with some hunnies. #FloridaLife

also you cant expect a company to make 10 regions (1 year of development) and then throw it out and HOPE that it makes their money back, they do a little and work from there. It is a brilliant business format.
    Choice Dude on Board
  • ramblingbullramblingbull Registered Users 1 Posts
    What use my own money to play a game ! You're having a bubble bath !! What I've done is to down load both this dino thing and dh2014 onto my phone and my tablet then all the gold joins together !! However getting bored to tears playing level 4 of dino hunt !! Come on chaps get your **** in gear !!! ;-)
    RB, try hunting the old regions again. It's not like you are playing for hunter bucks at this point. Also, playing region 4 with just your bow is challenging. You can keep it interesting for a lot longer if you mix it up.
    Facebook player
  • donnatellasdonnatellas Registered Users 11 Posts
    07shelbyds wrote: »
    I agree it seems when you get to Region 4 the game ends. You can not advance unless you pay real bucks to play the three exotics which is crazy. All of the exotics requires gold. There isn't a single weapon that can be purchased with the money earned through out the game. It's bad enough that all of the semi autos require gold too. But I am done unless Glu makes this game more affordable.
    I know! It is easy to amass "hunter bucks"
    But you can't buy weapons with those.
    You can't buy *exotic* weapons with those. But you can buy every weapon needed to play the game and finish each level. Glu has been really good about letting you play these games for free.
    Facebook player
  • vid666vid666 Registered Users 76 Posts
    aj1968 wrote: »
    I agree this game is way too pricey. I'll stick to deer Hunter 2014. You get millions of Hunter bucks here and can't do anything with them. In Deer Hunter I have 25 million Hunter bucks which is almost $14,000. If I had to buy the at $99. For 160,000. Why can't we trade some in for gold?

An interesting experiment would be to try and sell your account to see what the real $ value of the hunter bucks is. Somewhere between $0-$14,000. I sold my Guild Wars account for over $8,000 real money paypal and wire transfer by selling my items off to various people. That obviously had some value. It might be instructive to GLU when they consider how much people are willing to pay for this game because right now I am feeling as though they think a whole lot for not a lot. These weps prices in gold are crazy. Crazier are people.spending real cash on this. Enjoy it as a free time waster. At that price I am feeling like I am getting my money's worth. They make $ off my video watching (even though I close my eyes so the joke is on them.)
    vid666 wrote: »
    An interesting experiment would be to try and sell your account to see what the real $ value of the hunter bucks is. Somewhere between $0-$14,000. I sold my Guild Wars account for over $8,000 real money paypal and wire transfer by selling my items off to various people. That obviously had some value. It might be instructive to GLU when they consider how much people are willing to pay for this game because right now I am feeling as though they think a whole lot for not a lot. These weps prices in gold are crazy. Crazier are people.spending real cash on this. Enjoy it as a free time waster. At that price I am feeling like I am getting my money's worth. They make $ off my video watching (even though I close my eyes so the joke is on them.)

good point, I sold a couple tiberium alliances accounts after it wasnt free to play anymore, but I would never imagine $8,000! you are a genius, I need to do that but never had anyone confirm my belief that it was possible to get that much haha
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Justin_seekerJustin_seeker Registered Users 1 Posts
    07shelbyds wrote: »

I really don't understand how I have over a million in "hunter bucks" and I can't buy a single weapon!!!!???? Come on!
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    There appears to be some fundamental misunderstanding here.

You do not need to buy the Exotic weapons. These are for the Exotic hunts. They are not needed for standard hunts. All standard hunt weapons can be bought for bucks.

You do not need the exotic or Gold weapons for Trophy hunts. Trophy hunts are what are needed to advance.

Region 5 has not been released yet. No matter much you spend, you cannot go there.

BTW, your million Hunter bucks are not going to take you very far in Region3 or 4. Region 4 will cost you about 3M.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • ZeisshunterZeisshunter Registered Users 2 Posts
    For people who really enjoy both games like myself, it is frustrating that there are parts of the game that only be completed by purchasing VERY expensive exotic weapons. I have certainly purchased gold before on both deer and dino hunter but I can't imagine spending $20 for a 9 mission objective. I agree that they should be rewarded for their work given the great job they have done, I'm not disputing that. Bounties are awesome on DH14 because even between regions in still gives the user objectives to complete as well as gold and equipment. I am a level 70 something on DH and 30 something on dino. Love both games and they are free so I can't really complain but so much.