Options

region 5 Albertosaurus rifle hunt

CaKajunCaKajun Registered Users 10 Posts
How do you kill Elder Albertosaurus, region 5 rifle hunt? I have tried many times but the velociraptors keep ambushing me and it takes to many shots to kill the Albertosaurus and takes to long to reload. Maybe if there was an weapon upgrade for reload time, it would be easier to accomplish. Also, maybe only one velociraptor.

Comments

• Options
    TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    Check out the "Region6" thread...step by step instructions...GL!
    Say What??
  • Options
    casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    It is very doable with the standard rifle. Kill raptors early and reload early. Make every shot count. It is challenging, but that is what makes it enjoyable.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Options
    CaKajunCaKajun Registered Users 10 Posts
    "Check out the "Region6" thread...step by step instructions...GL!"

Thank you so much for that tip. I finally got the kill!
    So for those who see this:
    Shoot the far raptor first then the closest raptor,
    RELOAD IMMEDIATELY,
    Then make all of your shots count even one miss spells death.
  • Options
    blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    What stinks is, I completed that hunt my first try. And now I'll never get to play it again. I wish we could go through the weapons series again, even for no hunter bucks or game progress I'd play them.
    Facebook player
  • Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    I completed the hunt my first try also. I really didn't think the hunt was hard at all. I just shot the dino in the circles 4 times. It would be great to do the series again.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    I completed the hunt my first try also. I really didn't think the hunt was hard at all. I just shot the dino in the circles 4 times. It would be great to do the series again.

With the standard rifle? The close raptor would have gotten you after the 2nd shot. The planets must have been in alignment for you. Maybe it was updated to make it harder. Who knows.

Just curious how you pulled it off. I know you are definitely better than I am.
  • Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    casajr wrote: »
    With the standard rifle? The close raptor would have gotten you after the 2nd shot. The planets must have been in alignment for you. Maybe it was updated to make it harder. Who knows.

Just curious how you pulled it off. I know you are definitely better than I am.

I used the standard rifle. I saw the raptors but they didn't really come that close before I got the kill. The positions of then Dinos do change from hunt to hunt. Maybe I just got lucky on the positions.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    Edygr4Edygr4 Registered Users 29 Posts
    Yes, this one was challenging, I made it 5th try! The Troodons were pretty tricky!
  • Options
    Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    Like sheppeck did it on my first try if I recall. I remember raptors coming up bu I think I shot these as well alternately with the Alberto
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • Options
    TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    Samer, with the gold semiauto or the bolt cash rifle?
    Say What??
  • Options
    Give you props then. You are certainly much better than I am.
  • Options
    Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    Tdub wrote: »
    Samer, with the gold semiauto or the bolt cash rifle?

Aha. I get it now. I must have used the "gold" semiautomatic region1-6 rifle (Marshall warrant elite). I keep forgetting that many players are using the "weaker" hunter- bucks rifles. I am lucky to afford purchasing the weapons through gold.
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • Options
    blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    I did it first try with the hunter bucks standard rifle, but I did shoot the raptors first and reload, if I recall.
    Facebook player