Options

Missing out on exotic train

Badboi24Badboi24 Registered Users 1 Posts
How do I get gold to buy exotics to continue advancing? Finished level 5 but have only done exotic trials and only have few golds. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    DeathShadow007DeathShadow007 Registered Users 593 Posts
    Watching videos works, but it takes a while to build up. Don't use TrialPay. Those are the surveys and offers that are supposed to pay out, but they usually don't. I have got lucky with it recently. There were some "Summer Break" and "Acer" videos that actually work. The "Summer Break" videos allow you to watch them 10 times before they expire, and I watched about 30 the other day, so I'm grateful for that as other videos on TrialPay usually don't pay out.

Also, if you're looking to get a better deal on the Exotics, wait until about a week before the next Region releases. That is when the current Region has a "Flash Sale", where the Exotics are put up for 60% off (192 gold). The first Exotic is put up for 60%, and the second for 40%. After the Region is released, the second Exotic gets a 60% discount and the other one decreases to 40% off.

Hope this helps you!
    :cool: Blue iPhone 5c Verizon :cool:
  • Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    I'll say this again, try paying for them! That's if you have time to watch 400 videos or endless surveys. Most of them don't even pay out. If you like the game then crack open the wallet, you earn your money don't you?
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Options
    DinoPeterDinoPeter Registered Users 19 Posts
    Badboi24 wrote: »
    How do I get gold to buy exotics to continue advancing? Finished level 5 but have only done exotic trials and only have few golds. Any suggestions?

Please note that the exotic series are optional, and do not need to be completed to advance to the next region. However, there is no region beyond region 5 yet-- region 6 has not yet been released.
  • Options
    todfoxx wrote: »
    I'll say this again, try paying for them! That's if you have time to watch 400 videos or endless surveys. Most of them don't even pay out. If you like the game then crack open the wallet, you earn your money don't you?

Yeah, exactly what I did. Got tired of playing the "free" side of the game, as it was getting me no where (as far as getting Exotics). Now I have more than enough gold for future Exotics. I wish I had dipped into the wallet before the Electro went off it's 199 sale. If it went back down before the event is over that would be nice. I would still get it, even if I don't finish the series. As far as getting more Exotics, I won't pay 480 for them even though I have plenty of gold to buy both R5 Exotics. That would be stupid, because in 2 more weeks they'll go on sale. I'm trying to keep the gold I have so I don't have to pay out the a*s*s for more gold later. I paid for the 2800 pack, and I don't want to have to buy anymore for awhile, not that I wouldn't, but I don't need to overspend for what I get.
  • Options
    That's exactly what I'm saying, if you buy gold just wait for the sales or one time offers. I find it very easy to manage gold, and buying a little here and there keeps me with gold to spare. Lately I've been using bottle return money to buy gold. Very easily done. But don't get me wrong I'll watch a string of videos if I have time! :cool:
  • Options
    appliancedudeappliancedude Registered Users 113 Posts
    Not gonna happen, and here's why. I can buy a wii game or and xbox game or whatever for $50 and can play it over and over. I finish the game and shelf it, and can go back at any time pull it out and play it again. A complete game for $50. Ok so now I can play this app. Which in all honesty is gonna be gone in a couple years. I played Pirates master of the seas off and on for 2 years. Its now no longer supported, and can't even download it from the app store. So 480 gold costs me $19.99 ok $20. I can by each exotic for $20. Yea I get a cool weapon, and a whopping 10 hunts. I think there is 8 exotic hunts right now. Thats $160 on a app that more than likely wont be around in 2 years. And more exotics are to come. Why would I drop $20 a exotic for a game that I can't even move to another phone? I'll watch videos and buy but wont spend real money.

Now that being said, if glu wanted to charge for this game, I'd probably drop some dough. Most paid game apps go for $4.99. If I could pay $4.99 for the game, and then do in app purchases of exotics for say $0.99 I'd do it in a heartbeat. Let me buy the game and on the paid game side the option to for in app purchases. I would have no problem giving glu some of my hard earned money if it was reasonable. $160 just to this point in the game isn't reasonable. Its not even feasible.

I'm glad you have money to burn, but I don't
  • Options
    blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    I don't spend real money either. I have before, but never felt it was worth what I got. I enjoy playing for free, and at a slower pace. I just finished the final trophy hunt for region 5 yesterday. FYI, the contract hunts did change after completing it. I know there are a couple of new ones, can't tell if any were taken away yet.
    Facebook player
  • Options
    Good point, but it's to late now! I'd even pay 9.99 for the game if in-app purchases were .99 no problem! But with Xbox, you can't take it wherever you go.
  • Options
    Me too. And you're right you cannot take an Xbox game wherever you go. However you can take an Nintendo DS a GameBoy and numerous other handheld game Systems with you
  • Options
    Me too. And you're right you cannot take an Xbox game wherever you go. However you can take an Nintendo DS a GameBoy and numerous other handheld game Systems with you

Come on now! They stopped making games for those toys! In a year something new and better will be out, portable and high end! I only play the games on tablets and phones for communication.
  • Options
    Yea ok. Beats me. I've never had one of those little game things. Pretty sure the DS is still out though? But thats beside the point. LOL Point is I'm not gonna spend the kind of money they seem to think this game is worth. I love Dino hunter, and DH14 both. I'd love to play the exotics, and if they made them even remotely reasonable I'd even pay for them. I really wish they'd just switch to tapjoy for dino.
  • Options
    Agreed, it doesn't seem to me that they're going to drop those ridiculous exotic weapon prices.
  • Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    todfoxx wrote: »
    Agreed, it doesn't seem to me that they're going to drop those ridiculous exotic weapon prices.
    You don't consider all the sales Glu has for the exotic weapons as dropping the price? The last sale for the spitfire exotic weapon was under a 100 gold.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    Sorry, I DID forget about the sales!
  • Options
    We should also see a drop in the R5 exotic prices within the next week or two. You'll be able to get the Scorpius then T.F. And a drop on the Gemini seems imminent within that time period as well. I missed out on the Electro's price drop, but it won't happen this time! ;)
  • Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    I missed the drop in price of the spitfire. I saw the sale price but I waited about 10 minutes and then the sale was over.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    Max SterlingMax Sterling Registered Users 311 Posts
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    You don't consider all the sales Glu has for the exotic weapons as dropping the price? The last sale for
    the spitfire exotic weapon was under a 100 gold.[/QUOTE

Taking more than 50% off of nonessentials at the top of my wish list is normally a sale I can't pass up. I love playing both Dino & Deer Hunter and have been more than happy to spend some of my money on them but the prices on the exotics are so incredibly high that I sorta feel disrespected. Even at the "Sale" prices, its insane. People can spend their money however they choose. As for me, as much as I would love to do those hunts, the current sale prices are a slap in the face. If Glu made each exotic 99 cents or $1.99 (what seems to be the current average "going rate" for most items in popular apps) I'd buy each n every one for every region they ever made. I missed the sale on the Spitfire. 100 gold costs $4.99.Though still high, I would most likely buy them at that price everytime. Why not make them available at that price when a new region is released instead of a month later and then only for a couple days? I know that there are many people like me who are ready n willing to spend more money with you, Glu. All that we're asking for is a fair price.
  • Options
    KenttorKenttor Registered Users 16 Posts
    If your normal prices are 10 times higher than the standard going rate for in app purchases and you drop your price by even 90%, is it really a sale?