Found out something about troodons yesterday

blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
They won't attack you if limping. I was trying to use a bow to beat that region 5 troodon hunt where they come out from the rock. Even if you hit them dead in the highlighted organ during their attack, it isn't enough to kill them. You have to hit them at least once first to take away enough energy for the attack shot to work. And the bow is slow. So my strategy is to hit one in the upper body, then next ones as they spawn. When they leap to attack, they then are low enough on energy that hitting the highlighted organ will usually kill them. In doing this over and over, I noticed something -when I hobbled a troodon, it would just walk "through" me and not attack. It seems to be leg shots that hobble them, but I need that hunt to pop up again to test that hunch. But that's how you hobble other dinos and everything in DH. Anyway, just a tip, if you hobble a troodon, he's no longer a threat, and you can focus on the dangerous ones first.
Facebook player

Comments

• casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    Interesting. I need to try that to verify.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    Will try that too. Interesting :)
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    Just played it again four times. I used both the bow and the assault rifle, and shot their feet, sure enough, the crippled ones walked right through me.
    Facebook player
  • CaKajunCaKajun Registered Users 10 Posts
    I said that about toro dons in another thread 3 days ago. But it freaked me out. Pretty kool
  • Sunny ThaiSunny Thai Registered Users 439 Posts
    Not often you come across the word “hobble”. Immediately took me to the scene in Misery, where Kathy Bates is standing over James Caan with the sledge hammer.
    Drink more beer. :cool:
  • blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    The weird thing is that Stephen King was hit by a car just like the guy in that novel a year or two after writing it.

More on topic, I just had two hobbled ones attack. Either the update hanged this cool feature, or hobbling doesn't work 100% of the time.
    Facebook player
  • DeathShadow007DeathShadow007 Registered Users 593 Posts
    This method also works for all the other raptors (Velociraptor, Dromaeosaurus, Deinonychus, etc.). When R6 comes out tomorrow, we should see if it works for the new raptor(s).
    :cool: Blue iPhone 5c Verizon :cool:
    Here's some screenshots:

nav2Vpf.jpg

tcFvBoq.jpg
    To be honest, now that I look at the second one, he looks like he's kneeling before me. Lol. Kinda like an "Obey your Master" moment. Sorry for triple posting BTW. :o
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    Post away, I like those screenshots! I like to wing the foot, then when they get close POW!!
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx