Second Exotic in R6?

DeathShadow007DeathShadow007 Registered Users 593 Posts
Anyone else seen it? It popped up in the loadout screen when I tried a contract hunt:

c3u80xI.jpg

f2C9T64.jpg

There is no series for it yet though.
:cool: Blue iPhone 5c Verizon :cool:
Prev1

Comments

• DeathShadow007DeathShadow007 Registered Users 593 Posts
    UPDATE:

Just got an update a few minutes ago and they took the Avalanche out completely. It doesn't even show up in the loadout menu anymore as an option.

Guess this is the Electro all over again...
  • SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    I was thinking the same as you. Must be the event exotic weapon that got accidentally released with this update.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
    Just got a OTO on the Avalanche after the AR series:

eyuokVt.jpg
    I bought it now just in case it is an event weapon or was a mistake and we won't ever see it again:

DCSpHm3.jpg
    It's actually pretty powerful. It fires in 3-round bursts and kills in one burst if all hit. It's better fired from the hip, like the Spitfire. It currently uses the same firing sound as the ARs, but I suspect a lot will change if it is re-added to the game. Hopefully it will have more of a purpose soon instead of being just an alternate weapon to use in the contracts!

It's alot like an LMG, like an M60 or LSAT imo.
    That was a smart move buying it now. If it does eventually become an exotic event weapon it will be well over 349 gold. Unless of course you wait for it to go on sale in a few weeks.
    I felt like noting this:

There should be a purpose for the bayonet on the front of it. It's currently just for show now. One idea I have for it is when the predators attack you could stab them and it would kill them instantly. Sort of like using the knife in DH Reloaded. Just a thought to Glu!
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    I'm gonna say its for show, I wonder how fast it burns through 100 rounds?
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
    Not very fast that's for sure. It fires at the same rate as ARs. The cool part is it reloads like an LMG too. He takes the belt off and feeds another in. Different than the Spitfire's reload animation. I'll post some screenshots.

Edit: I just realized how stupid I am! This LMG is actually full-auto! I've been firing it in bursts the whole time! The "Special" description at the bottom mislead me.

I just had the thought to try to fire it full-auto, and the rest is history... O_o
    Some screenshots of it in action:

Reloading:
    44XbfNw.jpg
    aETMNcL.jpg
    Firing and Killshot:
    VrY2lNJ.jpg
    3WVFdII.jpg
    Cool blue streak in Killshot:
    OuV7M1X.jpg
    I do really like the avalanche. The Bandit is also a really good gun. These exotics are a lot better than the region 5 exotics.
    So you decided to get it too? Was your offer the same as mine?
    So you decided to get it too? Was your offer the same as mine?

Yes. The offer was the same as yours.
    Has anyone got a second exotic series hunt for the avalanche? I just got the offer for 349, but no series yet. Anyway, I didn't have enough to buy it, so I will wait for the sale.
  • Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    the avalanche pops up after you finish the AR series. The lady says you've done a good job and gives the OTO for it. 189 gold I think. No exotic series for it yet. pretty sure it will come up as a standalone event later.
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
    480 golds regular price and OTO 189 use to be the prices of standard exotics. Special event exotics use to be more expensive (regular price 600 or even more). I tend to believe that the Avalanche is a regular exotic and that for some strange reason its series hunts have vanished. Maybe this will be fixed with a future update or it is the exotic of the next region. Who knows?
    Menipo wrote: »
    480 golds regular price and OTO 189 use to be the prices of standard exotics. Special event exotics use to be more expensive (regular price 600 or even more). I tend to believe that the Avalanche is a regular exotic and that for some strange reason its series hunts have vanished. Maybe this will be fixed with a future update or it is the exotic of the next region. Who knows?

I agree...Menipo. good to see u posting on the forums. Long time no read :)
  • MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
    I agree...Menipo. good to see u posting on the forums. Long time no read :)

Hi Samer,

I enter the forum almost every day and read all threads, but try to post only when I have something useful to say. And lately every time I am about, I realize that you guys (the bunch of participants that I call the top players) have already covered the topic!

Nice to see you again, my friend!
  • pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    Just finished R6 and no offer. This exotic has obviously been withdrawn. :(
    pistoff wrote: »
    Just finished R6 and no offer. This exotic has obviously been withdrawn. :(

Hey pistoff! Good to see u posting. Yes it seems the exotic series relating to the avalanche was withdrawn or is being prepared. I expect two other exotic series to mimic the number in region five. I am assuming another exotic event will be introduced with a corresponding weapon
    I bought the avalanche after the AR series. It is my new favorite exotic.
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    I bought the avalanche after the AR series. It is my new favorite exotic.

It is a fantastic weapon. 100 bullets. Wonder what kinds of hunts it was meant for
    It is a fantastic weapon. 100 bullets. Wonder what kinds of hunts it was meant for

Seems very strange that this is the only exotic weapon without an event. Hopefully a 30 hunt exotic event is added soon.
    That would be great, I use both exotics in the contract hunts. Pretty cool they made a pistol version.
  • ZaphodZaphod Registered Users 33 Posts
    the avalanche pops up after you finish the AR series. The lady says you've done a good job and gives the OTO for it. 189 gold I think. No exotic series for it yet. pretty sure it will come up as a standalone event later.
    I was offered the same deal
    Galaxy S4 + Galaxy Note 10.1
    Has anyone else noticed that the Avalanche has "high power"? You know, like the gold rifles that can kill multiple dinos with one bullet if they're aligned just right? Because I just killed two Lesothosauruses with one bullet.
    Has anyone else noticed that the Avalanche has "high power"? You know, like the gold rifles that can kill multiple dinos with one bullet if they're aligned just right? Because I just killed two Lesothosauruses with one bullet.

I have been using the avalanche for the past few days and haven't noticed that. The bullits just come out so fast that I just didn't notice the particular power of one bullit.
    The avalanche is a beast! The 2 new exotics are all I use, fast and effective!