Do OTOs in Dino make real sense?

MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
In DH 2014 every time a new region is released you can start the series hunts with the rifle of the previous region. After hunt 8/9 or 9/20, the hunter lady who uses to wear clothes (specially tops and bras) three sizes smaller than the ones she uses when finishes what she does for a living and returns home) offers you an OTO for the gold rifle. Then you have to decide whether to accept the OTO and buy the gold rifle, or not and in such a case you have to buy the Hunter Bucks rifle and can decently complete the series.

However, in Dino you are forced to have the series weapon, whatever it is, (both in the series hunts and in the trophy hunts) to start playing. So you are forced to buy either the gold or the HB weapon from moment 1. When you are about to complete the series you get the OTO. But at that moment either you already have the gold weapon or if you bought the HB weapon and there are only a few hunts left in the series that you can complete with it, you do not need the gold weapon.

If you are an Androider (or an iOSer who buys game gold with real bucks), you have deep gold pockets and can buy the gold weapons from the beginning. You do not need OTOs. If you are an average iOSer (those who do not buy game gold -a vast majority, I tend to believe-) you always run short of gold, so if you have already bought the HB weapon and have almost completed the series, how are you supposed to spend your little treasury in weapons that you do not need?

Sorry, but I do not find the logics behind the OTOs in Dino.

Comments

• pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    I agree totally. I also have issues with the new contract hunt weapon selector (it's rubbish!) and not being able to do downgrades on weapons like in DH2014. I expect there's a different development team who are trying to make it different from DH in little ways, so it's not exactly the same game with different prey, but these changes aren't any good!
  • MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
    Fully agree. I do not like the new weapon selector either, as it does not allow you to change your mind and opt for a different weapon: it forces you to use the originally equipped or the suggested. This selector provides less flexibility, so it is objectively worst than the previous one in Dino or that of DH2014. I see that now it is even used to market the exotic (at no discount). The Bandit appears now as a third option in the selector and offers you the possibility of buying it ... at regular price.

I have to insist. The addition of the Exotics to the game seemed to be an improvement but from the point of view of a (this) player, after 6 regions, I think that the concept still needs a lot of definition (or redefinition). They are unreasonably expensive considering that the exotics series only have 10 hunts and they are hardly usable in higher regions. It is true that they add a little fresh air to the game (when you have hunted 1000 dinos with AR, rifle, bow and shotgun it is good to shoot some blue rays). But not if you have to pay a fortune for that little amusement ....
  • SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    I agree the OTOs don't make sense.
    I would like to see the gold rifles, shotguns, and assault rifles for the previous regions made available for hunter bucks. After the region is completed not to many people are going to waste gold on a weapon just to use it on contract hunts no matter how good the sale is. And for me the OTO offers for the regular weapons are not even tempting. I like the challenge of using the cash weapons. And saving my gold for the exotic weapons. I would also like to see some of the exotic weapons made available for hunter bucks. Not all of them because Glu needs people
    to spend real money but maybe every once in a while put an exotic weapon on sale for hunter bucks.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    I think it all comes down to Glu experimenting with different models to try to turn players into cash. I think we will see further experiments with price point/timing/offering/sales so they can determine what works best.

But yeah, offering an upgraded weapon after you have finished the use for it makes little sense. Prostitute analogies come to mind, but we will just leave it at that.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    I like the DH way, start the region with your fully upgraded weapon. 3 hunts in you get the oto. At that point you either buy or not. Rather than 4 hunts to finish the series then get the oto for the gold weapon. It's like handing me a wrench after I already loosened the nut, stupid!
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    Well my friend Menipo the answer to the question do oto's make real sense is that oto's make real cash....
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
    todfoxx wrote: »
    It's like handing me a wrench after I already loosened the nut, stupid!

No. It's even worst. It's like SELLING me a wrench after I already loosened the nut ....
    Well my friend Menipo the answer to the question do oto's make real sense is that oto's make real cash....

Real cash? I don't think so, Samer. Precisely my point is that if you get the OTO after you have already been forced to buy the gold or HB weapon, and are about to finish the series, I do not see any incentive to accept the OTO (and spend real cash to buy the gold required ... if you are not an Androider :-))
  • swaggerjrswaggerjr Registered Users 116 Posts
    Menipo wrote: »
    Real cash? I don't think so, Samer. Precisely my point is that if you get the OTO after you have already been forced to buy the gold or HB weapon, and are about to finish the series, I do not see any incentive to accept the OTO (and spend real cash to buy the gold required ... if you are not an Androider :-))
    Hi Manipo...why not u get more free gold on glu...now we have way to buy every OTO weapon...easy....like me..just get an OTO Rifle multi region 1-7....n fully upgraded.....now i'm not worry about OTO on DH14 or Dinos.....hehehehehehe......:rolleyes:
    :cool:Android tablet note 10.1:rolleyes:
  • swaggerjrswaggerjr Registered Users 116 Posts
    Menipo wrote: »
    No. It's even worst. It's like SELLING me a wrench after I already loosened the nut ....

Tighten back where u loose it.....
    :cool:Android tablet note 10.1:rolleyes: