Options

talk about cheaters

Richard GleisnerRichard Gleisner Registered Users 31 Posts
Has anyone else noticed that there are hackers in this game? I play and play and play, check my standings, I am number 47, and then a minute later I am number 49. When I scroll up to see who passed me, the same names are still there but now there is a new name. When I click on the name and do a head to head comparison, I have bigger numbers (usually to their 0). Why doesn't Glu monitor and delete these hackers as they monitor our language on these forums? It is a little frustrating but I will continue my play. Has anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• Options
    Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    Has anyone else noticed that there are hackers in this game? I play and play and play, check my standings, I am number 47, and then a minute later I am number 49. When I scroll up to see who passed me, the same names are still there but now there is a new name. When I click on the name and do a head to head comparison, I have bigger numbers (usually to their 0). Why doesn't Glu monitor and delete these hackers as they monitor our language on these forums? It is a little frustrating but I will continue my play. Has anyone else noticed this?

GLU has nothing to do with the leader boards you are referring to. It is completely different from the games we are playing. Don't pay too much attention to them. As you said, there are hackers. Some people claim billions of kills and hunts.
    :mad:iPad 4:mad:
  • Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    I agree that ignoring the hackers is the best thing to do. For anyone looking at the leaderboard it is obvious they cheated.

In the past Glu has said they have no control over the google leaderboard. And that whoever controls that leaderboard it is their responsibility get rid of the hackers. You could always inform Glu and they might forward it to whoever controls that leaderboard.

In the past Glu has gotten rid of some of the hackers on the Gamecenter(IOS) leaderboard. Currently there is only a few hackers left.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    So if I am checking the leaderboard, then that is an indication that I am cheating??? Wow!!! I thought that I was merely being competitive. When I click on your user name and view your postings, I see that you admit looking at the leaderboard in DH2014. Is this a self admittance to cheating???
  • Options
    SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    So if I am checking the leaderboard, then that is an indication that I am cheating??? Wow!!! I thought that I was merely being competitive.

Not at all...

I suspect that better wording would have been that "For anyone looking at the leaderboard, it is obvious who cheated."

I used to look at the Android leaderboard, but have not done so in a very long time. It was interesting to see where I was, but filtering out the cheats just got tiring. For those bright enough to manipulate both hunt numbers and kill numbers, it was entertaining to figure out their kills per hunt once in a while and compare it to mine. Now, they are just not worth my time.
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • Options
    Thanks subH20. That is what I meant. And I do look at the leaderboard. I am very close to the top on the Gamecenter leaderboard. The leaderboard doesn't mean anything but I like checking it every once in a while to see where I am on the leaderboard.
  • Options
    I too like to view the leaderboard periodically and check my standings. I do find various cheaters pop on the board (above my user name), and when you do a comparison, their achievements and numbers are much lower than mine. Go figure. It does not dampen my desire to play the game, but it is somewhat frustrating when you want to check your standings only to find various cheaters on the board above you.
  • Options
    When you get passed by someone on the leaderboard it doesn't necessarily mean the guy cheated. They could just be using gold to restore their power. Android players especially can acquire a lot of gold playing other games and then use that gold in dino hunters. I don't use gold to restore my power. Gold is a lot harder to acquire on my iOS device.

And if the cheaters really bother you, forward the information to Glu. They might be able to forward the information to whoever controls the google leaderboard.
  • Options
    Sunny ThaiSunny Thai Registered Users 439 Posts
    People cheat for different reasons. For some, it’s all about achieving the hack itself. They get more satisfaction out of the hack than playing the game. That group is a bit crazy, but harmless. For others, it’s seeing their name at the top (or near the top) of anything. These are the same people that cheated their way through school, have a low paying boring job, and are now living in their mom’s basement, sitting on the floor in front of the TV, surrounded by dirty magazines, watching reruns of Land of the Lost, and eating cookie dough.
    Drink more beer. :cool:
  • Options
    I like competition. I play a few rounds, check the leaderboard, and hope to overcome the player above me. I am sure that there are several others here who do the very same. The whole thing to this game is merely entertainment, however, the rankings is what makes DH competitive. Right now I am in level 48, sitting on over 51 million dollars, 46 gold pieces, 1 exotic weapon (from Region 3), already beaten Region 6 and waiting for Region 7, but that means nothing to me. What means something to me is the ranking, and currently I am ranked number 47 (in kills). It is a little (let me stress the word "little") frustrating to see that I am busting my *** (when I do find time to play) to keep in the rankings, and then there are those people who merely hacked their way in the rankings. But that's life, right? So with that already said, I will go back and play a few more rounds (hopefully I wasted enough time here) and see if I can get yet another step in the rankings.