killing Vicious in region 3

Silver streakSilver streak Registered Users 6 Posts
I have been trying to defeat Vicious for 2 days now - rifle is maxed out - aiming at organs, even waited the time thinking might get a better shot -still ended up as Dino - fodder - ideas/thoughts would be appreciated - THANKS!!!!!

Comments

• SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    It has been about 2 months since I did that hunt. So I don't remember it at all.

But 2 good tips for all rifles hunts are to not use any magnification on the scope.
    And to press the shoot button to interrupt the reloading process.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts
    The best hint that I can give you is to wait. Let him walk away as far as he can given the time allowed. Don't start shooting until he is as far away as possible.

I never did get the advice that you shouldn't use your scope, but I have heard that it worked for others, so it may be worth trying if nothing else works. Personally, I used my scope on every big dino hunt and I have completed them all, so either method must have it's merits.

Once you hit him the first time, he may zig and zag a bit. Don't rush your second shot so much that you miss. You may have to lead him a bit.

And like Sheppeck says, when reloading, press the shoot button and you can go back to shooting, even before you have reloaded all rounds.

Good hunting!!
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad
    I don't like using the scope because after the first shot it really doesn't help you to shoot inside the circle since the animal is charging you.

And if you do use the scope you you have to waste time adjusting the scope.
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    Do use the scope
    Don't use zoom

Just hit inside the red circles every time. This is what has worked for me. Others may differ in methods. You must hit the circles every time or you are toast.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
    Thanks casajr. That's what I was trying to say.
  • Silver streakSilver streak Registered Users 6 Posts
    Thanks to all the replies - with your help, l got him !!!!!