Options

Please fix these issues!!!!!!!

marcosalmonmarcosalmon Registered Users 1 Posts
I really like this game, and would LOVE it, if it werent for these glaring issues:

1. Pop flies-Yes, its already here in these forums but MAN ALIVE if I dont strike out, or get a hit, its always a pop fly. I literally counted the seconds of air time one had, and would you believe it was apparently in the air for....wait for it...11 seconds!! WHAT???

2. SPEED: The infielders seems to be lightning fast, and spawn wherever the ball is hit, yet the outfielders are slow as molasses!

3. Triples: Impossible! Ive HAMMERED the ball past a barely running outfielder with a guy that has a speed rating of 10....and he never goes past 2nd base and theres never an option for me to try!

4. AUTO FORCE! Look, I get it...people get busy...but if they dont respond after 2 days then you should get an auto win by default. Im tired of waiting weeks with a couple of my games because Im winning and they arent playing anymore.

5. Pitching is OK, but I think you need to tweak it so that you can actually tell if its gonna be a strike or not...OH and seriously...the speed of pitches is NTS! R A Dickey cant throw a 104mph fastball guys....

6. GOLD: Seriously? I get this is a business, but your gold pricing is from another planet! You could buy a full fledged PS4 baseball game, for $49...if you buy enough gold to actually improve your team to where they have a good chance at beating most teams, its gonna cost you over $300....***??? Its a CEPP PHONW GAME GUYS!

7. More options: You need to make bunting an option all the time along with steals, and ask if you want your runners to round bases but show the opposing players arm level. I hit one to the wall in outfield with a 7 speed rating rounding third and the dude threw a straight line to home plate from the WALL!! WHAT??

8. Add a guess pitch feature!!!

9. Pitcher Fielding: seriously? The ball NEVER goes through the pitchers legs? He NEVER misses fielding the ball? He spawns left or right to wherever the ball is hit near him automatically?

10. Pop flies do NOT bend BACK INTO PLAY!! Also, hard hit ***** right on the line at first or third are always caught, and sometimes they are foul *****!!!

anyone else wanna add something?>

Comments

• Options
    JneubarthJneubarth Registered Users 9 Posts
    well said. i love the pop fly that bends back in almost as much as Fernando 102 Rodney's fastball.

I would like as you state more control over base running. if pitcher throws home then you never have a chance to steal later in count. also, maybe a hit and run?

Lastly I think the number of double plays is absurd. I can't imagine the total I have in over 150 games
  • Options
    diagorodiagoro Registered Users 84 Posts
    Being able to make contact with all pitches, not just ***** (with a curve based on how far out of the zone it is). Especially true with pitches in high 90s-100s, where I feel I have to swing immediately just to make contact.
  • Options
    jfrank1034jfrank1034 Registered Users 4 Posts
    Jneubarth wrote: »
    well said. i love the pop fly that bends back in almost as much as Fernando 102 Rodney's fastball.

I would like as you state more control over base running. if pitcher throws home then you never have a chance to steal later in count. also, maybe a hit and run?

Lastly I think the number of double plays is absurd. I can't imagine the total I have in over 150 games

Yeah the pop flys behind the plate bending back into play is just plain ridiculous. How about a few more regular, out-of-play, foul ***** to counteract to what seems like a necessity of if contact is made that it will be a pop-fly out.

As has been mentioned by many users in this forum, the fly ***** down the line that end up foul, the OF's suddenly have ultra turbo acceleration to catch them. Is it out of the question to let one of these fall in foul territory without being caught?!

The pitcher should not be able to field 99.99% of every ball hit back to him (including line drives).

And some of the hard hit ***** right down the 1B/3B line (that would normally be doubles in real life) should be able to get past the fielder.

Let's see some fixes in the next update Glu!!!
  • Options
    MacHobbesMacHobbes Registered Users 11 Posts
    I think people are making great suggestions to improve a game we all seem to enjoy. Would be great to hear what changes will be implemented in updates and when. I'm starting to see infield pop ups in my sleep.
  • Options
    diagorodiagoro Registered Users 84 Posts
    The only two times the hit rolled past the pitcher, the shortstop just happened to be standing right behind 2nd base! In general there is far too much defensive shifting.
  • Options
    KingdinglingKingdingling Registered Users 211 Posts
    Glu! These are all legit ament issues. I will like to add the overkill double play, the draft pick spin the wheel is so full of s-h-I-t-t that it's not even funny. How does the wheel always land on a 1.5 star player right next to a good potential player every f/k/n time! Really? I love the game it's fun but it does have some flaws.
  • Options
    PZ_OriolesPZ_Orioles Registered Users 19 Posts
    This game is a phone arcade game. I don't think realism with graphics is the point of this game. Quite frankly, for a free game and having played many baseball games - for a mobile platform...realism is relatively good.

You need to look at it differently. For instance, the fly *****. If everything we perceive should be a hit in the game (and I do the same), we'd be complaining the scores are 25-20. At the end of the day, my scores or 6-5 4-3 variety and it's possible to make a comeback too. I look at the game play as the computer is taking an algorithm of how we hit the ball, speed, location, and pitcher stats to determine if that should fall in or not for a hit. The graphics sometimes are 'manipulated' for the results.

But seriously - in a game where you can't control how hard or soft you hit the ball or hit under or above it...you really are worried about the fielder being where he shouldn't be?? I'm more concerned being able to square up on the ball and it being a grounder. I don't see the fielders transporting themselves to where they need to be. Don't forget the shifts. Where's your issue with too many errors? (as for the pitcher always getting the ball, not true...I've seen them go right past the pitcher to the second baseman).

My issue is the pitching. I believe it is nearly impossible to determine where 1/2 the pitches will go with extremely late breaks and pitches called right on the edge. If that changed, averages would be boosted to nearly what we'd expect out of these players.

FYI - I've hit many triples/gappers I've done it with 9 speed and 6 speed (Andros gets a few for me).

Let's focus on issues like us not getting the gold we should, forced rematches, unable to adjust lineups, and people not completing games. As for pricing - it's supply and demand. I haven't bought an ounce of gold (pardon the pun) but having fun and up to pro. If we stop buying, they will stop updating the program or making gold less.

Expecting perfection from a free phone game..SMH. It's pretty darn good already. And remember, except for the cheaters...we all experience the same curving of pop flies and errors. I accept it as part of the game..at least it's even and I DO NOT feel like the computer is cheating...