Phosphor Exotic

SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
I didn't really like the phosphor exotic. At 600 gold I will wait for a sale price. Did anyone buy it?
:cool:iPhone 6:cool:
Prev1

Comments

• todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    When was that added to the game?
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
    Oops, sorry I see it now.
  • SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    Here is the OTO price. I failed the trial. I was shooting the wrong dino. I did decide to buy it. I am bored with the region 6 contract hunts.
    AFB26C7E-2530-4480-A885-3E65D6133730_zpsrgsws7ye.png
    The phosphor in action. This weapon is alright. But I do like the avalanche and the bandit a lot better.

67F4FE0E-E579-44D6-A76F-4A5361FC3BAA_zpsstwnizxe.png
    If you look closely you can see the explosive round on the bird.
    697FE045-2540-4B09-8338-6A51C7090A99_zpsqbjbsqsg.png
  • Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    I failed the trial also but I hit retry and I was able to do it again, so I failed a few more times to try it out some more. Don't really like it so I completed the hunt then went back to the contract hunts.
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:
  • DeathShadow007DeathShadow007 Registered Users 593 Posts
    I also didn't like this weapon very much either. Not enough power in it's explosions and too long before it explodes. It should at least do some damage when it sticks (perhaps 5 - 10% damage?). I am glad it can have more than 3 capacity when upgraded though.
    :cool: Blue iPhone 5c Verizon :cool:
  • randya51randya51 Registered Users 73 Posts
    I agree. Did not like the gun. I purchased it, upgraded it and played through the special event thinking it would get better. It didn't. I had to shoot some animals 6 or 8 times to kill them.
    Playing on galaxy note 3
    We wanted more difficulty, and it was a little :cool:
  • randya51randya51 Registered Users 73 Posts
    Yea Todfoxx, a little. Nothing to complain about.
    Playing on galaxy note 3
  • Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    Difficult weapon to manage. Have to be very accurate. Failed a few pteranodons and pachycephalosaurus hunts. Did not mind the difficulty.
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    Here is the OTO price. I failed the trial. I was shooting the wrong dino. I did decide to buy it. I am bored with the region 6 contract hunts.
    AFB26C7E-2530-4480-A885-3E65D6133730_zpsrgsws7ye.png

So 580 is the OTO? That is ridiculous. 600 golds for a weapon that, according to the majority of those who tried it, is a piece of sh**t. In a few words, one is paying almost 600 for a bow that if it were offered for 600 golds, very few would acquire.

Definitely, I am losing interest on Dino. Thanks God we have DH 2014 ....
    580 is the OTO. And you do earn 90 gold for completing the event. And I agree it is not one of the better exotic weapons. But it did make the event challenging.
    Menipo wrote: »
    So 580 is the OTO? That is ridiculous. 600 golds for a weapon that, according to the majority of those who tried it, is a piece of sh**t. In a few words, one is paying almost 600 for a bow that if it were offered for 600 golds, very few would acquire.

It may be 580 for the OTO now, but within the next week, the sale price will drop to 199. As for the bow, I highly doubt it would have a OTO for 600. I would say it would have a OTO of about 160 - 190 and a sale price of around 430 - 470.

Yes you're right, the Phosphor is sh*t. But you don't have to pay a rediculous price for it either. I only plan to buy it on sale to get the gold snd weapon.

I sincerely hope that all future event exotics won't be like the Phosphor. The Gemini was cr*ppy as well. The only "fun" event exotic we've had so far was the Electro. Unfortunately, I didn't get to get it on sale. Oh well. Life carries on.
    I liked the Gemini, I used it alot in contract hunts. But the phosphor was tricky!
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    580 is the OTO. And you do earn 90 gold for completing the event. And I agree it is not one of the better exotic weapons. But it did make the event challenging.

Yes, Sheppeck, but you wil concur with me that paying 600 golds for getting a challenging event does not seem reasonable. You can get the same challenge for free by doing the contract hunts with a lower region weapon.

GLU's exotic/event weapons pricing policy is absolutely incomprehensible for me. I hope that, at least, they are making money of it.
    It may be 580 for the OTO now, but within the next week, the sale price will drop to 199. As for the bow, I highly doubt it would have a OTO for 600. I would say it would have a OTO of about 160 - 190 and a sale price of around 430 - 470.

Yes you're right, the Phosphor is sh*t. But you don't have to pay a rediculous price for it either. I only plan to buy it on sale to get the gold snd weapon.

I sincerely hope that all future event exotics won't be like the Phosphor. The Gemini was cr*ppy as well. The only "fun" event exotic we've had so far was the Electro. Unfortunately, I didn't get to get it on sale. Oh well. Life carries on.

Yeah. A OTO for 160-190 .... when you are about to finish the bow series. As it happened in previous regions. Another GLU policy that is hard to understand (at least for me).

I agree with you. The Gemini is another piece of sh**t. I spent some 600 golds (earned after months of patient video watching) in the Gemini, the Voltage and the Scorpius (the Event and "plain" exotic weapons of R5). And I regret having done that. A total waste of golds. Exotics are good for their regions but can hardly be used in a higher region. So from that moment I decided not to waste even 199 golds in the super reduced offer that is made for the exotics from time to time.
  • pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    More 'realistic' than most weapons, in that you have to aim it in front of the prey, rather than it just hitting the exact spot you aim at on a moving target. I quite enjoyed the challenge.
    I like the exotic hunts, I have played all of them.I use the weapons on contract hunts. The only one that I regret buying was the shredder. The phosphor was challenging on a few hunts, but I played it anyway. You only live once, and you can't take it with you! "Life is short, play hard" :cool:
    Some good messages there T.F.

I like the challenges that the Gemini and Phosphor have when using them. The Shredder wasn't so bad. Just needed less recoil when ADS or a better hipfire spread. I used it in a few of the R5 contracts. It is almost pointless to use in R6.

I could honestly see using the Avalanche in some of the R7 or even higher region contracts. It's just that powerful. It takes out the Suchomimus effortlessly.
  • jerzy448jerzy448 Registered Users 58 Posts
    The phosphor gun is just plain horrible to me. I brought it and really regret that i did. I hate this gun so much that i wont even be completing the event.
    jerzy448 wrote: »
    The phosphor gun is just plain horrible to me. I brought it and really regret that i did. I hate this gun so much that i wont even be completing the event.

I agree the gun isn't one of the better exotics. But you get 90 gold for completing the event.
    And Glu does give you a free trial of the gun before you actually buy the gun.
    You bought it, finish the event! Win the bow, your going to need it anyway.
  • GlfjunkeGlfjunke Registered Users 68 Posts
    How do you use the weapons from the contract hunt for the exotics?
  • Slaughter_MasterSlaughter_Master Registered Users 1 Posts
    The Phosphor is IMOP a very fun gun! It's not over powered killing your pray in one shot, where is the challenge in that? It requires some lead time on pray and a bit more skill to complete than some of the more overpowered weapons! Can load up sticky bombs at choke points for some nice carnage as well as laying down a nice mine field, you can also use to knock your pray around a bit! To me blowing thru a stage with one shot kills due to over powered weapons isn't fun nor challenging! I would like to see health bar like the pray for us the shooters & some damage if bombs detonate to close for bit more realism etc....
    Yeah the challenge is nice. Just hope it goes on sale tomorrow or so.
    It's on sale for android.
    todfoxx wrote: »
    It's on sale for android.

For 199? Haven't gotten an update for that on iOS yet.
  • Neil BalsamNeil Balsam Registered Users 64 Posts
    It's still 599 on my android...
    I'm going to go ahead and get it because tomorrow's the big day for Dinos and the bow series will be first so I need to get the bow and gold now. The series wouldn't seem worth it if I went ahead and bought the cash bow tomorrow and the Phosphor does go on sale by then.