Imgur isn't working for me after the iOS 8 update

DeathShadow007DeathShadow007 Registered Users 593 Posts
Reposting this here in case you didn't see it in the Help & Support section:

Perhaps it's useless for me to ask this here, but I thought I would in case anyone else is having this problem.

Last week, I tried to upload the "Play Now" pop-up I got for the Phosphor event. However, when it went to upload the screenshot, the green bar went all the way to the left. I thought nothing of it at the time until today.

I got an eye shot with the Bandit today and was going to post a screenshot of the moment. Went into Imgur. Same scenario happened again. Tried Photobucket. Still wouldn't upload.

Then I had the thought that this only started happening after I updated to iOS 8. Has anyone else had this problem? Hopefully things will be worked out soon. I really wanted to share the eye shot with you guys.
:cool: Blue iPhone 5c Verizon :cool:

Comments

• todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    Just trying out mine.

kgFrTa8.jpg
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
    O.k. Mine works. Are you selecting the right bb code ? (IMG) the green dots on mine flow to the right, followed by a green check mark saying "done" then select bb code img.
  • DeathShadow007DeathShadow007 Registered Users 593 Posts
    It won't even let me select the BBCode because the image won't upload. I tell it to upload the image and the bar goes all the way to the left and won't upload it. Guess it's only doing this for me.
    Try deleting it, then install again..oops I forgot who I was talking to, you probably already tried that. Sorry DS, that's all I got. Photobucket has never worked right on my iPad. Imgur does.
    Yeah I deleted the Photobucket app and tried again as well. Still no avail. I guess I won't be doing anymore screenshots. Unless I could upload them on the PC and then possibly post them here (Just thought of that). Thanks for your help anyway T.F!
    I'll let you know if that works! Can't do it right now though...
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    Try from your PC. I don't have the Imgur app, so that is how I do it anyway. At least that will check if you have an account problem.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
    I just tried to upload the image on my PC:

lvrPuYw.jpg
    Ok it works on PC, wonder why not from my phone?
  • SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    Ok it works on PC, wonder why not from my phone?
    You might just have to wait for the IOS 8 update for imgur. Since iOS 8 was released I have gotten updates for most of the apps on my iPhone.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
    My iPad is updated to iOS 8, imgur works fine.
    I don't use the Imgur app to upload screenshots. I use the website. What is the name of the Imgur app you guys use? I see there are tons of them in the App Store.
  • SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    todfoxx wrote: »
    My iPad is updated to iOS 8, imgur works fine.

Some apps work a little differently from an iPad and an iPhone. And a lot of times updates are different between the devices. Since different bugs could occur on the 2 devices.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
    Gotcha, I thought they would be the same, but now I know thanks :cool: oh, and DS, it's "Imgupr photo uploader"
    Thanks T.F. I just tried the app and it uploads the images just fine. Time to get ready for Thursday now I guess.
    I believe the 8.0.2 update explains why Imgur wouldn't work for me when using the Website. Take a look at this:

SvoSeSE.png

I'll stick to the app though. It's a lot better. Thanks for telling me about the app T.F.