Comfort level?

todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
Just curious, what is a comfortable amount of hunter bucks I should have going into region 7? I have been grinding hard on reg. 6 contract hunts! Sitting at 18.5 mill. Keep in mind I had to start over due to the iOS 8 update.
Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx

Comments

• DeathShadow007DeathShadow007 Registered Users 593 Posts
    I believe Sheppeck posted that it costs $7 million to fully upgrade the bow that is won in the event. So you may want to shoot for about $25 million at best, just for good measure. I'm sitting on $67 million right now myself.
    :cool: Blue iPhone 5c Verizon :cool:
  • SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    18.5 million should be enough for the region 7 weapons if you don't buy any of the gold weapons. The gold weapons are a lot more expensive than the cash weapons. And the region 7 bow did cost about 7 million to fully upgrade.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    Alright, thanks fellas. It didn't occur to me that the cash weapons were cheaper to upgrade than the gold weapons. That is what you meant Sheppeck? Still, I'm trying for 30 million by Thursday. Maybe the region won't come out until Friday, alongside DH's new region.
    That is what I meant. I haven't bought a lot of the gold weapons but on the ones I did buy they were always a lot more expensive than the cash weapon for that region.
    @todfoxx did you end up having enough money for the region 7 weapons?

After completing region 7 I was surprised I was only down 6 million from the amount of money I had at the start of region 7.
    I did already have the region 7 gold bow fully upgraded. And did not buy the cash gold bow.
  • Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts
    I started region 7 with 19.07M. the bow took 4.57M to buy and update, the shotgun took 6.65M and the rifle took 8.78M. That adds to just about 19.00M even, certainly just under the wire. However, because I round off my HB numbers, I didn't really have enough for the updates for all three and I had to pause the updates and hunt with the bow to collect enough for the final tally.

You may actually need closer to 20M HB to start with in order to get through the updates. I thought I would have had enough, so I haven't played for the last 5-6 days. If I had only played a couple more rounds, I would have been golden.

Next time between regions, I am playing until I get to 30M before I take a break, I guess.
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad
  • Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    I spent 31 million to buy and upgrade 5 weapons. Luckily I had 61 million when I started. I also spent a little over 200 gold on two gold weapons.
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:
  • swaggerjrswaggerjr Registered Users 116 Posts
    This is really expensive.....
    :cool:Android tablet note 10.1:rolleyes:
  • Richard GleisnerRichard Gleisner Registered Users 31 Posts
    swaggerjr wrote: »

Expensive? I guess that it can be expensive to play these games. Right now (if I knew how to post a screen shot here), I could show that so far I have just over 62 million HB and 1035 gold coins. I will still play the contract kills and add to my totals. Region 8 will be more expensive than this last one. If I remember correctly, it took over 22 million HB to purchase and upgrade the weapons in Region 7 (including the upgrade of the exotic). It took 199 gold coins to purchase the exotic since I purchased it after I tested it. Regardless, it is fun and I am enjoying this game.
  • blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    swaggerjr wrote: »

It's actually free!
    Facebook player
  • Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    I am level 79 with more than 200 million (cant read the number...too small on my S2). I guess this is called luxury level not comfort :) but yeah region 7 was "expensive", although as an androider, I don't worry much about collecting and spending Glu coins thanks to the shared gwallet.
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    @todfoxx did you end up having enough money for the region 7 weapons?

After completing region 7 I was surprised I was only down 6 million from the amount of money I had at the start of region 7.
    I did already have the region 7 gold bow fully upgraded. And did not buy the cash gold bow.
    Yes, thanks.. But just barely!