Is the Solari Loadstar worth it . . .

Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts
Is the Solari Loadstar worth spending my stash of gold?

Is it a good gun to use on Region 7 contract hunts?

Will it be able to be used on the Region 8 contract hunts later on?

You see, since I have not been in Maine for over a month, I have gotten "watch videos for gold" offers. I have been in Charlotte and also in the Syracuse NY area. I have spent some time in the free gold section doing surveys, playing games, watching videos, etc. for gold. I even went to the NBA store and bought a Celtics tee shirt that I actually have wanted for years, #17 Havlicek. That had a huge payout. Oh yeah, I bought my granddaughter 4 Disney books for a buck, that paid out nicely as well.

Now I want to buy my first Exotic and I want it to last. I haven't played the first free hunt with it in expectation of getting the best offer I can.

What is the OTO after the free hunt? Does anyone remember? I don't want to take the chance of going in too early, so your input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Roland
Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad

Comments

• TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    I actually paid 90gold (Ipad) for it with a return of 30. It is the only weapon I use in R7.
    Say What??
  • Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    with the exception of the avalanche and perhaps the solari voltage I didn't/don't use exotics that much. the loadstar functions like a rifle. I rather use a rifle for the hunts if it is required. In fact almost all the exotics were not "worth it". But then again, if you have an opulence of Glu coins (Android) you don't worry about spending them as they can be replenished.
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    I like the lodestar, but for the money hands down, run with the avalanche! It's all I use in region 7 contract hunts. I do play around with all the exotics, but to zip through and build up cash it's the one I use. I now at some point I will become less effective, but it hasn't yet. Just upgrade it and I won't let you down! I think others will agree.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts
    TodFoxx,

The avalanche is a region 6 weapon. Has it already lost some of its effectiveness at level 7? Going to level 8, that will be a difference of two levels for it. I don't want to buy an exotic and have it become irrelevant in the next region.

What or how does the avalanche do that is different from the loadstar? I really don't remember how it worked since it was so long ago that I used it in the free trial hunts. I do remember the phosphor, it kind of sucked.

Roland
    The Lodestar will kill 2 and 3 dinos with one shot as it kills anything in the shots path...
    Say What??
    The lodestar has only 6 shots max. The avalanche has 100 and has not lost it's punch! Trust me, I use it exclusively:cool: it has 100 rounds and kills anything that moves. If you want to rack up cash before the next region(a month away) go with the avalanche. That's just my opinion. I have every exotic, and that is by far the best!
  • Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    todfoxx wrote: »
    The lodestar has only 6 shots max. The avalanche has 100 and has not lost it's punch! Trust me, I use it exclusively:cool: it has 100 rounds and kills anything that moves. If you want to rack up cash before the next region(a month away) go with the avalanche. That's just my opinion. I have every exotic, and that is by far the best!

I must agree with todfoxx. best exotic.
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • randya51randya51 Registered Users 73 Posts
    I agree with Toddfox and tdub. I have both and both work great. The loads far packs a lot of punch and I use it anywhere you would a rifle. The avalanche is is great for AR work and loads of fun to shoot.
    Playing on galaxy note 3
  • randya51randya51 Registered Users 73 Posts
    Sorry. The loadstar. This auto correct on android sometimes gets in the way.
    Playing on galaxy note 3
    I do not even use the shotgun anymore, choosing the Lodestar....
    Say What??
    Tdub wrote: »
    I do not even use the shotgun anymore, choosing the Lodestar....

Not enough rounds for me, I like to go HOT!
  • SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    I like how the Avalanche has a 100 rounds. The 100 rounds is what is going to make the Avalanche really useful for the the future higher regions.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Sunny ThaiSunny Thai Registered Users 439 Posts
    Reading the thread title at 0425, and on my first cup of coffee, I thought it said “Solari Lobster”, which didn’t make any sense.
    Drink more beer. :cool:
    If you can hit what you are aiming at...you don't need 100 rounds :)
    Say What??
  • SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    Tdub wrote: »
    If you can hit what you are aiming at...you don't need 100 rounds :)
    True. But when region 10 comes out it will take multiple shots and reloads to kill the animals with a lower region weapon. That's where the 100 rounds will be useful.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
    With the lodestar, the Hunter must be hitting the bottle..the sight wanders everywhere. I'll take 100 rounds vs. 6 all day long!
    Let's see how the Avalanche works in the next region compared to the Lodestar.... :)
    Say What??
    Your on Tdub! :cool:
    Tod, have you ever seen "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen"?

Allan Quatermain: Now, would you like to learn to shoot?
    Tom Sawyer: I can already.
    Allan Quatermain: Oh, I saw. Very American. Fire enough bullets and hope to hit the target.

moon.gif
    Say What??
    Tdub, here's a quote from a well known sheriff:

Sheriff Judd: "why did you shoot him 68 times?"

Deputy: "that's all the bullets I had!" :cool:
  • Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts
    Thanks for all your advice and comments. It sounds like I would have to make a tough decision between the Avalanche and the Lodestar.

Except . . .

The next morning after I posed the question in this thread, I had all my glu credits (gold) disappear from my account except for 64. That really took the wind out of my sails, a sucker punch in the gut for sure. I had enough to buy one exotic and I was waiting for your suggestions before making the purchase.

I had been spending more time working the "Free glu Credits" pages, taking surveys, playing games, loading apps and actually making a couple purchases on a couple of the sites instead of just playing the game. My fricking email inbox is a nightmare now as a result of taking these surveys, etc.

I put in a ticket, but the folks at glu still haven't blessed me with their answer yet. They will probably blame it on Amazon again, like the last time.

I can still play the contract hunts in Dino, but my DH2014 is locked up (I posted about that in the DH2014 forum). I was really looking forward to using an exotic in multiple hunts and maybe going back a level to two to try it out there.

So, meanwhile I wait for an answer from glu. I'll let you all know what it is.

Roland
    Roland, it sounds like this has happened to you and 2far often. You both play on kindle 8.9" is that hd or hdx? I'm trying to figure out how this is happening. Awhile back, in February I experienced something like that but the opposite. So I believe it is the device. A software update is coming soon for kindles, have you checked lately to see if your software is up to date? It may say that it is but check it anyway. Sometimes the do not upgrade automatically. Missing gold is a sore subject, and yes Amazon has the control of in-app purchases. I would contact them for a refund so you can get the exotic that you wanted.

I have never played any game that a in-app purchase goes missing. That is just a game devolopers nightmare. They would lose their credibility fast. My issue stopped after a software update. It was bummer, but it was needed.~T.F