Options

Spending Freeze

tylerduerrtylerduerr Registered Users 26 Posts
just formally stating that I'm not spending another dime on this game until Glu starts acknowledging the multitude of customers demanding answers.

tons of gameplay issues, the inconsistent pricing amongst customers for the same product (which I view as theft), and the astonishingly terrible handling of customer service. I think it's fair to say we've been patient to hear from you on these issues.

until I see a statement (and I mean a REAL statement), on why Glu has failed to respond to their customers AND follows up by addressing them and the many problems within the app, I'm not spending another penny on this game.

and I would encourage you to join me.

Comments

• Options
    1986Mets1986Mets Registered Users 19 Posts
    I'm with you!
  • Options
    MacHobbesMacHobbes Registered Users 11 Posts
    I'm on board with that. Would like to see some changes or at least get a response/feedback to the many posts we've all taken the time to write.
  • Options
    good, guys. 1986Mets I figured you would be!
  • Options
    just restating that even post update, Im still not spending on this game. they fixed tech bugs, yes. but failed to address any of the gameplay issues...from where I'm standing. also, they've continued to neglect their customers by continually ignoring us. and still have yet to address, really, anyone who's come to them with an issue. happy postseason everyone, go Giants.
  • Options
    GiantsFanGiantsFan Registered Users 1 Posts
    Go Giants, I agree with that one for sure.
    What are you so upset about with the gameplay issues? I'm at Hall of Fame level and I love it. I haven't even spent any money.
  • Options
    really, multiple issues. as far as gameplay stuff, we had a chat about it somewhere else on the forums if you're interested in reading about it. stuff like insanely high fly ball rates, pitchers playing impossible defense, etc.

but regarding this thread, there's a couple things.

Glu has been charging some folks more than others for draft picks (charging me 300 gold, and you 500 gold for example), and hasn't answered for it. which to me, until the issue is addressed, is just flat out thievery. even if there IS some clear & concise underlying explanation for it that we aren't seeing, they need to own up. until then, from where I'm standing, they made off with extra cash from their customers and have zero accountability for doing so.

the gameplay stuff could go on for pages & pages. and it does...in the gameplay concerns thread. there's a multitude of things that could use small tweaks simply to correct them into making sense. the game is ALL hitting for us users. make it make sense; offensively speaking.

users are also not being credited consistently for watching ads, taking surveys, etc. which is just another illustration of Glu being quick to take your money, but conveniently cutting corners on paying out when the time comes.

above all, the theme here is that they ignore us. and that's despite confirmation that we know they read these forums. they respond to problems that are easy for them, and avoid responding to anything less than convenient for them to address. multiple users have requested Glu's attention regarding all of these situations many times. and like I said, Glu handles the easy fixes and ignores the larger foundational issues.

this game could be absolutely amazing. and in a lot of ways, it is! but the terrible customer service and failure to address gameplay & money issues seriously have a negative impact on the experience. Glu doesn't seem to give a rip about their users. and I'm not down to support that kind of business.

that make sense, fellow SF fan?
  • Options
    PZ_OriolesPZ_Orioles Registered Users 19 Posts
    Gang - seriously? Gameplay issues? As far as I'm concerned in human-to-human games...so what? It's equal for everyone. The crazy pitches? Fly *****? Look at your averages? In the low .200's? Maybe slightly low..but not in sane. I'm looking at my stats collected through-all star level. The stats are on par for major league games.

It's a mobile platform game. There is a limitation on the complexity. In order for strikeouts to be reasonable, there needs to be crazy pitches..and I'm stiking out 7/game..that's about a major league average. Stop swinging at anything but a fastball. Seriously.

As for the outs in the field. THey need to be made to have averages where they should be. What YOU want is to be able to fully place the ball and expect a hit every time. Doesn't work like that. The algorithm in the game ends up providing realistic game play for the most part. You want perfection - then pay the $99 to Tap Baseball. But holding out on a free game and expecting them to meet your demands first. That's your right, but a little crazy.
  • Options
    PZ_Orioles wrote: »
    Gang - seriously? Gameplay issues? As far as I'm concerned in human-to-human games...so what? It's equal for everyone. The crazy pitches? Fly *****? Look at your averages? In the low .200's? Maybe slightly low..but not in sane. I'm looking at my stats collected through-all star level. The stats are on par for major league games.

It's a mobile platform game. There is a limitation on the complexity. In order for strikeouts to be reasonable, there needs to be crazy pitches..and I'm stiking out 7/game..that's about a major league average. Stop swinging at anything but a fastball. Seriously.

As for the outs in the field. THey need to be made to have averages where they should be. What YOU want is to be able to fully place the ball and expect a hit every time. Doesn't work like that. The algorithm in the game ends up providing realistic game play for the most part. You want perfection - then pay the $99 to Tap Baseball. But holding out on a free game and expecting them to meet your demands first. That's your right, but a little crazy.

I'm not looking to argue with you...but you're looking at it a bit too simply. with all due respect, nothing you've said is anything that hasn't already been considered by the folks who are displeased.

also, please don't tell me what YOU think "I" want and why YOU think what "I" want doesn't work.

a company being accountable to it's customers is a pretty simple concept. reality is? some people have put $99 into Tap Baseball. others have easily eclipsed that. and while I'm not one that's spent that much on this game, we've all been ignored by Glu just the same. all we want is a few answers. and Glu has been extremely reluctant to respond to anything but softball questions.

to think that because Tap is "free" to download, that Glu doesn't have the resources to address simple technical problems & customer inquiries is your right, but a little crazy.
  • Options
    diagorodiagoro Registered Users 84 Posts
    PZ_Orioles wrote: »

1. I just had an at bat where the ball rolled to where the ss should have been. The 3rd baseman sprinted over and threw me out. The ss was standing behind 2nd, the 2nd bademan was directly next to him. The shifts need to be toned down. It's abnormal and rare to have playets shifted so extremely, and makes the game look rigged.

2. Just swing at fast*****. I'll admit that swing control is my weakness. But it feels impossible when you can ONLY make contact with strikes. When looping pitches are ALWAYS a tip foul. Especially pitches above 95, when you have to swing just as it leaves his hand. It's all guesswork at that point.

Some guys have figured out how to hit, I struggle. But even than 95% of my hits are singles, and I've had one triple and one hr in the past week (with several high power batters). It just feels rigged.....