Dont want to start over on new device

NpatnaudeNpatnaude Registered Users 1 Posts
I just upgraded my iphone to a 6 and dont want to lose my progress in the game. Is there any way to get my progress back do indont have to start all over?
Prev1

Comments

• todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    We are hoping for a more definite answer from Glu. The way to do it prescribed by Glu is not reliable at all. And that's to bad, because many other games transfer easily, knowing that the user will eventually upgrade their devices.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • EziekialEziekial Registered Users 166 Posts
    What is the way they prescribed? I just got my iPhone 6 as well and saw I lost my progress. I have my old phone so I am hoping to get the save data over to my new phone somehow. Otherwise I won't spend a month getting back all the paid items I got.
    The only way Glu suggests is to contact Apple iTunes department, and see if they will issue a refund for that game. Or just continue playing on your old phone. The games DO NOT successfully transfer from old phones to new iOS that is.
  • SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    There are some people on the forum that said they were able to transfer their game using iTunes or iCloud. But it seems like most of the time it didn't work. I still think it is with a try, even though it probably won't work.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    There are some people on the forum that said they were able to transfer their game using iTunes or iCloud. But it seems like most of the time it didn't work. I still think it is with a try, even though it probably won't work.

Have you transferred your games over yet? Or did you not get the iPhone 6 yet? When I submitted the ticket to Glu about this they sounded pretty embarrassed in their reply. Apparently they did not think to make this a priority.
    todfoxx wrote: »
    Have you transferred your games over yet? Or did you not get the iPhone 6 yet? When I submitted the ticket to Glu about this they sounded pretty embarrassed in their reply. Apparently they did not think to make this a priority.

I didn't get the iPhone 6 yet. I really wasn't in a hurry to get the iPhone 6. I was also hoping Glu would get their act together and provide a reliable method for transferring the game progress.
    Glu really should be embarrassed by this. It really seams like Dh14 and dino hunters are the only games where you can't reliably transfer the game using a backup from iCloud or iTunes.
  • navtalknavtalk Registered Users 14 Posts

I backed up my iPad. On both my computer and the cloud, all I got transferred was the program, not the progress you've made. I am not about to start over. I don't have any real money invested so all I will lose is a lot of time invested in this game. The reason I need to transfer is that my old ipsd2 is bricking fast, it goes nuts, starts flipping pages, programs at will, sometimes the gun I am using just starts firing and reloading, no control, also it has dead spots. I had to have the screen replaced and that may be the problem. I am trying to change to my sons old iPad2. I backed up my old iPad and restored to the new old ipad, everything went well except for the progress on my games
    The same goes for me. I'd like to get the new iPad coming out this month, but in no hurry. But not being able to transfer Dino Hunter successfully is a drawback. I already had to restart at region 1, and now I'm finally caught up. No where close to your numbers, but sitting comfortably. I only play dino's on iPad, and with a DH 2015 coming out in the new year it will depend on if you can carry over your cash and gold to the next game. If that's a possibility I will play that on kindle, if not iPad. So to sum up, I really hope that Glu can make their future games easily transferable. Seeing that technology is not slowing down.
    Just did a back-up on my pc using iTunes just for the heck of it. I noticed while doing that, you can download each app,music,game etc. or you can click on "download all" located at the very bottom right on my screen. I did that and watched all my apps and games being downloaded separately. Dino hunter took a little while. So I'm guessing it was downloading the entire game progress and all. Being that it took awhile. If I had not downloaded it, it would have given me the game and that's all. That is just my theory, I have nothing to base this on because I'm not transferring anything yet. So I just thought I'd share that.
    Thanks for the information todfoxx. I will probably order my iPhone 6 plus this week.
    Nice, when you do the transfer be thorough! But I know you will, good luck and let us know.
    Nice, when you do the transfer be thorough! But I know you will, good luck and let us know.

I will be sure to let everyone know. And post some detailed instructions if it worked.
    I am somewhat confident that I can get it to work since I am keeping my old phone. I will try it as many times as it takes to get it to work.
  • DeathShadow007DeathShadow007 Registered Users 593 Posts
    Great news! Today I tried to restore my DH14 data (cause I deleted it to try to do a restore from iTunes because I don't give a sh*t about my DH14 data since I didn't buy any gold there). I clicked Restore Backup and all my DH14 data was restored. You just have to update all the maps once the restore is complete.
    :cool: Blue iPhone 5c Verizon :cool:
    That is great news, now transfer that to a new phone. That's what we're looking for a solid success story. That of a complete transfer of Dino Hunter and/or Deer Hunter from a current old phone, to a brand new one. Nothing missing, and your current status intact! IOS though. Not android.
    I got the iPhone 6 today. I tried to restore from my iTunes backup and it didn't work for DH14 and Dino hunters. I thought that there was a good chance it would work since the size of the backup for each app was really big.

The part that really sucks is that I did end up trading in my iPhone 5 for the iPhone 6. If I didn't do the trade in the iPhone 6 would have cost me $650 instead of the $120 I actually paid.
  • MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
    I got the iPhone 6 today. I tried to restore from my iTunes backup and it didn't work for DH14 and Dino hunters. I thought that there was a good chance it would work since the size of the backup for each app was really big.

The part that really sucks is that I did end up trading in my iPhone 5 for the iPhone 6. If I didn't do the trade in the iPhone 6 would have cost me $650 instead of the $120 I actually paid.

Same here, Sheppeck so starting from 0 all over again. But I do not complain too much. Great opportunity to enjoy the game for the second time. By the way, I love the iPhone 6. Great improvement over the 5c I had.
    Menipo wrote: »
    Same here, Sheppeck so starting from 0 all over again. But I do not complain too much. Great opportunity to enjoy the game for the second time. By the way, I love the iPhone 6. Great improvement over the 5c I had.

I am actually enjoying starting over. I did submit a ticket to Glu to hopefully recover some of the money I spent on gold.

And I really do like the iPhone 6. I was planning on getting the iPhone 6 plus until I held it. It was just to big to carry around and was uncomfortable to hold.
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    And I really do like the iPhone 6. I was planning on getting the iPhone 6 plus until I held it. It was just to big to carry around and was uncomfortable to hold.

Hope you enjoyed the tutorial :o.

iPhone 6 for me. My wife wants the plus, but here in China, bigger is better, even if you look ridiculous holding it to your head and you can't put it anywhere. Samsung rules here.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
    Wow, I'm surprised Sheppeck. If there was someone that could do this successfully I'd bet on you. Bummer! Are you starting DH 2014 over, or just dinos? You had monumental numbers! Well it is just a game. Have fun.
    I just went to play Dinos now and since I did that restore, the names of dinos and some weapons in R7 are messed up. It appears only R7 is like this. Here are some shots:

3rfxInd.jpg

wCiZAbv.jpg
    93ZlBF2.jpg

I7q3Msh.jpg
    mOAOxhG.jpg

It appears for some of the weapons that DH14 names for weapons were put as placeholders. I suppose this will sort itself out once I get another update. This was funny to me.
    That happened to me also. It was corrected with a update. Maybe tomorrow your deal will be fixed if we get a update for the doombringer event. If it comes out tomorrow! Doesn't the Halloween hunt for DH arrive then also? Your input DS?
    Doesn't the Halloween hunt for DH arrive then also? Your input DS?

Yes both events should be here tomorrow. I probably won't participate in the event there, due to low gold count in DH. I have no idea how we will get the events though, whether it may be via an in-app download or a binary/app store update. Speaking of DH, I wonder if the next region there will be HR4? It's been almost two months since HR3 was launched, and since that's how often the Hidden Regions have been being launched, I would say it's avout that time. Only time will tell.
    I can't pass on the Halloween hunts, love killing anything zombie. And I'm a Halloween freak, love it. I do think it's time for another hidden region, just keeping an eye out for the pop-up. Also the dino Hunter update should be a total app update, I'm guessing.
  • gbirdgbird Registered Users 57 Posts
    Toddfox they should make you an admin for glu because you are way more helpful than the chicken chokers that they have that's for sure
    I still haven't heard back from them about the loss of my gold
    Or at least name a Trophy after him. lol. Like, "The Fox". And the Trophy would be one of the raptors, like the Velociraptor or Dromaeosaurus. Or whatever raptor they come up with next.
    Aw jeeze, thanks guys! @gbird have you tried to explain your situation with Amazon? I know 12,000 gold coins is a lot of money, but maybe they could give you somthing. Seeing that the problem occurred on your kindle tablet. And a problem that has wreaked havoc on many kindle users on this and DH forum. Just a thought, I have been trying to figure out why your gold and nothing else. Just does not make sense. And I would not count on Glu helping you out, if they did I'd fall over!
    Wow, I'm surprised Sheppeck. If there was someone that could do this successfully I'd bet on you. Bummer! Are you starting DH 2014 over, or just dinos? You had monumental numbers! Well it is just a game. Have fun.

I am just going to start Dino Hunters over. I don't have the patience or the time to start both games over. And Glu already responded to my dino hunters ticket and said to ask apple for my gold back.
    I am surprised that my stats are not increasing on gamecenter after I started over in Dino Hunters.
    I also contacted Apple for my lost gold, when the iOS update locked up my iPad. They gave it back when the looked into my account. The money that is, not the actual gold bars. Now I'm caught up a waiting for the next event. In the future I hope Glu will make their games easily to store and retrieve. Like DH 2015, that is coming out next year alongside a James bond game.