Options

Updates/upgrades requested!!!!

MastertexanMastertexan Registered Users 3 Posts
Stealing: let the player decide when/if they want to steal whether it's before the first pitch or after the 50th.
Baserunning: runner on third and less than 2 outs, they don't have to run on any ground hit ball. I have lost games just because the third base runner ran on a short hit then the pitcher threw it home for an easy out.
Baserunning: I know some players are slow but sometimes it's just ridiculous. It seems like the outfielder is taunting the runner like he's a fat kid wanting cake. A hard hit ball that takes the outfield forever to get to should give a better chance at a triple.
Batting: I've seen some reviews and agree that if the ball goes thru the batter, that should be a bit by pitch. (Also, shorten the cutscenes for a HBP).
Batting: how about a special sound effect for an obvious home run.
Errors: I've only had one pop up caught where the player wasn't perfectly set (just had a first baseman catch the ball from behind). Players don't just make mistakes where they drop the ball, they also misjudge speed, distance, angle, etc.

Gameplay: how about some batting practice. The players are fine but the human element needs practice. Also would be nice to practice against a specific pitch type (curve, slider, change up, etc).
Three words: home run derby!!!
Gameplay: what about a turbo button or something the player taps to help out the runner or the ball.
Lead the ball on popups. We see the ball flying (hovering without mercy actually) in the air only to have a magic outfielder catch the out.
HUD: just because the ***** in play doesn't mean we can't see the stats (score, inning, outs etc)
Stats: create a score box to show the stats, not just the newspaper writer who doesn't know baseball explanation of the inning.
Gameplay: give us more control over the baserunning. Let us determine when/if we want the base runner to run, esp after a popup (currently it seems like the popup is random.

Comments

• Options
    MastertexanMastertexan Registered Users 3 Posts
    Oh and add some character/action to the player like diving for a close ball or the pitch jumping away from a hard hit grounder
  • Options
    diagorodiagoro Registered Users 84 Posts
    I would add two (for now);

1.Make it possible to hit all pitches, not just strikes. It can be hard to guage high and low pitches, especially when the pitch is over 95mph. All the pitcher has to do is throw three low pitches for an instant out. I feel compelled to swing, since the reaction time is so low. You could just lower the odds of a hit for a ball based on how far out of the zone it is.

2. Infield shifts need to be toned way down. It feels like fielders know beforehand where the ball will go. A shift of this degree is a rare occurrance, maybe a few times a game.....not every other batter. An example would be grounders past the pitcher. The shortstop and 2nd baseman are always standing right behind 2nd base. This isn't cricket!!

3. Let me add one more. Outfielders that can throw a 100mph strike from the wall to homeplate don't exist. From that distance they use a cut off man/relay. Even so, even a player on crutches should have a chance from that deep, but even my 9 speed playets have been nailed a few times!
  • Options
    KingdinglingKingdingling Registered Users 211 Posts
    diagoro wrote: »
    I would add two (for now);

1.Make it possible to hit all pitches, not just strikes. It can be hard to guage high and low pitches, especially when the pitch is over 95mph. All the pitcher has to do is throw three low pitches for an instant out. I feel compelled to swing, since the reaction time is so low. You could just lower the odds of a hit for a ball based on how far out of the zone it is.

2. Infield shifts need
    to be toned way down. It feels like fielders know beforehand where the ball will go. A shift of this degree is a rare occurrance, maybe a few times a game.....not every other batter. An example would be grounders past the pitcher. The shortstop and 2nd baseman are always standing right behind 2nd base. This isn't cricket!!

3. Let me add one more. Outfielders that can throw a 100mph strike from the wall to homeplate don't exist. From that distance they use a cut off man/relay. Even so, even a player on crutches should have a chance from that deep, but even my 9 speed playets have been nailed a few times!

You are absolutely correct.....
  • Options
    pj423pj423 Registered Users 95 Posts
    Players should be able to play multiple positions, maybe something power swing and contact swing could be implemented, also the player ratings could be more accurate