Rigged Draft "Slot Machine"

tylerduerrtylerduerr Registered Users 26 Posts
so I picked up on Tap Sports Baseball this past week and it is absolutely awesome. I've got tons of friends playing it regularly, and I think it's a genius idea.

however, I've noticed the draft pick slot machine spins seem rigged. you purchase a pick, and a mixture of several names start spinning. and every time, without fail, the exact same thing occurs. the wheel spins and juuuuust about lands on a big mlb name (McCutchen, Kershaw, etc.) and then "somehow" lands on a 1-2 star nobody. there's a big name literally 1 name slot away... every time, without fail.

at first, I thought oh sheesh. just my luck. however, all of the folks that I play with, (approx 5-6 people) have mentioned experiencing the same thing.

I understand that bigger names should be harder to come by. but we're buying spins on a wheel. not baseball card booster packs. these name wheels are crammed full of great household MLB names. and to have no one out of 5-6 people, with probably hundreds of spins between us, land an impact player is just straight up fishy. and to add to what I feel is a confirmation of such suspicion, 100% of the occurrences I've chatted with people about involve "almost" landing on a top tier player, 1 name slot away.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this? there are people spending real money on this app. and if there's suspicion of Glu tampering with a purchased product that's presented as "random"...I feel like we deserve some answers.

any thoughts?
Prev1

Comments

• Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    On the lower tier picks that's happened to me many times but not every. I did get strasburg but that may have been a #1 pick.

I'm at a point in my game that I need to buy free agents or use 300 gold for #1 picks in order to improve my team.

Wish I could get better pitching.
  • StanfieldStanfield Registered Users 24 Posts
    This is just a smart business ploy to get you to continue to purchase in hopes to land those big name baseball players. It's smart business. The harder it is to land those big named players, the more you'll spend trying to get them. If it feels as if you are close to landing them, more incentive to continue trying.

I easily spent $250 on this game and managed to acquire a fantastic lineup with three 5-star players in Trout, Puig, and Cueto pitching. I also has Pujols, Altuve, J. Upton, J. Reyes to name a few. My entire lineup and pitching staff were 4 to 4 and a half stars all the way through.

The downside is, I can no longer play the game do to some type of internal bug. I had a bunch of games open and will probably take huge losses. My record was like 110-44 when the circle swirl doomed me. Many of us are still left out in the cold with no response from Glu on this issue.
  • tylerduerrtylerduerr Registered Users 26 Posts
    Clark22,

interesting. glad to hear it hasn't necessarily been every time for you. my friend and I were playing a lot last night and opened probably upwards of 50 picks together. and every single time, the whole "almost getting a real player but landed a scrub" thing happened.

better players should be harder to get, yes. but you shouldn't have to blow 300 gold to get someone worthwhile. shouldn't there still be an element of luck? I took a look at the 300 gold wheel of players. and while there are great guys on it, I haven't purchased a pick simply because there are also **** names in the picks. and I don't want to blow 300 gold only to end up missing a 5 star player, ending up with a nobody I paid 300 gold for.
    Stanfield,

exactly my point...it IS a business ploy. but if they're gonna slap names like Matt Cain, Dee Gordon, etc. on the draft wheels for a late round pick, I expect an actual realistic chance to get them. because that's what I bought. not to be tantalized by having my results be pushed through what seems like a calculated algorithm to have me land one name slot away from them every time, without fail.
  • StanfieldStanfield Registered Users 24 Posts
    tylerduerr wrote: »
    Stanfield,

exactly my point...it IS a business ploy. but if they're gonna slap names like Matt Cain, Dee Gordon, etc. on the draft wheels for a late round pick, I expect an actual realistic chance to get them. because that's what I bought. not to be tantalized by having my results be pushed through what seems like a calculated algorithm to have me land one name slot away from them every time, without fail.

Yeah it's really a slippery slope and one that unfortunately we have no control over. It comes down to the company deciding out how they want us to pay before rewarding us. Sadly, there is no restriction on this as a company and it just depends on 1) how long they want to turn a profit by making it harder to obtain the best players, and 2) designing a game in which every attempt is made to give incentive for it's players to spend money. As more and more games are becoming so called "Free to play" it is getting much easier for companies to see how they can empty our pockets. Designing games and features in these games strictly around getting players to bite is the way of current and future gaming in the "Free to play" market. There is no fine line to greed, business, and turning huge profits whenever/whenever companies can. It's all cut throat business.

The worst part is, games are being created, money is being spent to play these games, and when their product fails to work, they could care less knowing they A) already got money out of you, B) why waste money on hiring customer service when we can save what we already have. C) why spend time fixing a game when we can spend time making a game to earn even more money.

Millions of players, a dollar can go a long way as long as the product works long enough to get it out of you. After that, who cares. Perfect example of how I'm beginning to feel about Glu's current state and feeling on customer service. Get them in, get at least a dollar from as many players as possible, and get out and on to the next game.
    they just need to fix it. if I'm gonna keep playing this game, I want to see it addressed.
  • DumasDumas Registered Users 3 Posts
    Clark22 wrote: »
    On the lower tier picks that's happened to me many times but not every. I did get strasburg but that may have been a #1 pick.

I'm at a point in my game that I need to buy free agents or use 300 gold for #1 picks in order to improve my team.

Wish I could get better pitching.

Why my #1 picks takes me 500 gold?
  • 1986Mets1986Mets Registered Users 19 Posts
    so I picked up on Tap Sports Baseball this past week and it is absolutely awesome. I've got tons of friends playing it regularly, and I think it's a genius idea.

however, I've noticed the draft pick slot machine spins seem rigged. you purchase a pick, and a mixture of several names start spinning. and every time, without fail, the exact same thing occurs. the wheel spins and juuuuust about lands on a big mlb name (McCutchen, Kershaw, etc.) and then "somehow" lands on a 1-2 star nobody. there's a big name literally 1 name slot away... every time, without fail.

at first, I thought oh sheesh. just my luck. however, all of the folks that I play with, (approx 5-6 people) have mentioned experiencing the same thing.

I understand that bigger names should be harder to come by. but we're buying spins on a wheel. not baseball card booster packs. these name wheels are crammed full of great household MLB names. and to have no one out of 5-6 people, with probably hundreds of spins between us, land an impact player is just straight up fishy. and to add to what I feel is a confirmation of such suspicion, 100% of the occurrences I've chatted with people about involve "almost" landing on a top tier player, 1 name slot away.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this? there are people spending real money on this app. and if there's suspicion of Glu tampering with a purchased product that's presented as "random"...I feel like we deserve some answers.

any thoughts?

Bumping this to the top - with people spending money on this the least you can do is offer an answer.
  • F.U.2F.U.2 Registered Users 4 Posts
    Yep got a huge pitching staff! Cost me 500 dollars to get but was hoping for some bats! Why are players like adam Lind and Michael Brantley endowed with massive skills in this game I don't get it! My wheel has landed on trout Cabrera goldy and cano numerous times and there picture has popped up! Then bam some back up to a back up pops up! And this is when I'm spending 300 gold for a first rounder! There shouldn't be bums in the number 1 draft area and if the picture flashed and a studd is landed it should stay there! There is a issue and I shouldn't have to wait two weeks to hear back from glu
  • KingdinglingKingdingling Registered Users 211 Posts
    Dumas wrote: »

What device are you playing on? I'm on IOS and it's 300 gold.
    bumping again - I know spicy_pants has read this ****
    thanks for keeping on this 1986Mets. I feel like it's the only way they'll acknowledge it....if they ever do.
    Spicy_Pants, you need to speak up here. we all know you've read the threads. and especially of all, you need to answer for why some people are being charged more than other for the same product. that's borderline theft. and I'm sure is illegal in one way or another.
  • champ_beauchampchamp_beauchamp Registered Users 79 Posts

Does this mean that regardless if I stop the wheel or let it stop on its own I'll get the same player? Basically like before when there was no wheel?
  • FrancisFrancis Registered Users, Moderators 591 Posts
    Please be aware that impersonating a Glu Employee or a moderator will only land you on the banned list.

To the imposter who decided to spread false rumors and act as a moderator: You have chosen unwisely!
    so that glu statement was fake? and we're still being ignored?
  • FrancisFrancis Registered Users, Moderators 591 Posts
    so that glu statement was fake? and we're still being ignored?

That message was not from Glu. There is no Glu statement. No one is being ignored.
    We asked the team to look into this and when we hear back then we will relay the information. Until then please enjoy the game and thanks for your patience.
    Francis wrote: »
    That message was not from Glu. There is no Glu statement. No one is being ignored.
    We asked the team to look into this and when we hear back then we will relay the information. Until then please enjoy the game and thanks for your patience.

Well at least it finally made them acknowledge the question hahaha
    1986Mets wrote: »
    Well at least it finally made them acknowledge the question hahaha

that's what I'm sayin'...hahahaha. it takes an impersonator to get them to acknowledge that they've been reading everything we've said and still won't dignify it with a response.

should've just let the false statement stay...it kinda did them a favor.
  • zzkatzmanzzkatzman Registered Users 8 Posts
    I agree...I've bought so many first rounder and #1 draft picks and have only landed 2 4 and half star players, still waiting on a 5 star!?!
  • CpshwaCpshwa Registered Users 4 Posts
    Dumas wrote: »

Same for me. All my friends that play only have to pay 300. Its ***** and will not be addressed by the creators. Maybe something to do with the device you use (i use an ipad) and all my buddies use their iphones. Either way they are cheating us out of money.

FIX IT SO THAT EVERYONE PAYS THE SAME OR YOU WILL NEVER EVER GET ANOTHER DIME OF MY CASH!!! (not that they care)
    Francis wrote: »

Hey Francis and Glu Staff. I'm pretty sure it takes about 10 seconds to send an email to get an answer on this. Or you can pick up the phone and call someone in your organization. Or, if you guys are in the same office, maybe walk over to someone at lunch and ask them the question. Where are our answers?
    1986Mets wrote: »
    Hey Francis and Glu Staff. I'm pretty sure it takes about 10 seconds to send an email to get an answer on this. Or you can pick up the phone and call someone in your organization. Or, if you guys are in the same office, maybe walk over to someone at lunch and ask them the question. Where are our answers?

couldn't agree more. you guys are an embarrassment to customer service. glu owes answers. own up.
    so ummmmmmmmm where the DUCK is our update Glu Staffers?
  • Abrunn1133Abrunn1133 Registered Users 1 Posts
    well I am official stuck on the game. I have over 900 games played and I have yet to get over a 4* guy. I bet I have spun the first round wheel 200 times, and the #1 draft pick 30 times with getting even a 4 1/2* guy. All my attributes are up to 8 and I am 2-45 against the Legenda team.

So disappointing.
  • KingdinglingKingdingling Registered Users 211 Posts
    Where are you at SP on getting these issues resolved man.
    acknowledge us Glu. we will not let this go.
  • diagorodiagoro Registered Users 84 Posts
    My last 6 #1 picks have been 3* and less, only one is actually playing (barely). I've spent cash in the past (3 were included in a special I bought) but no more until this gets addressed.

Total waste of gold....
  • LiverpoolFCLiverpoolFC Registered Users 68 Posts
    ..you can't get less than 3* on a #1 pick
  • SquirrelzSquirrelz Registered Users 12 Posts
    This is a slot machine.... I've never seen a slot machine that has odds in your favor. I don't understand why someone would assume they would get a 5 star almost every pick.