Options

A player you have stuck with despite drafting better

Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
Curious on what player you guys have stuck with despite drafting a higher rated player with better stats. For me, it Angel Pagan 4* 8/3/8. I think I got him way early on in semi-pro ball. He is an outfielder so coming across higher rated players or ones with better stats has happened multiple times. But I have kept him in the starting lineup ever since I got him. Just seems like he is a dependable player that seems to always come through with big hits.

Comments

• Options
    LiverpoolFCLiverpoolFC Registered Users 68 Posts
    I stuck with Joe Mauer for a long time even though he was 3.5* and I got A-Gon who was 4*. I tried Gonzalez but his all his numbers were worse than Mauer so I traded him in. I also have kept Tim Stauffer (3*) in my bullpen since he is a LR and helps me win extra inning games since he can go 3 while my opponents pitcher will tire after the first inning, even though he's better for that first inning.
  • Options
    diagorodiagoro Registered Users 84 Posts
    The best reason I have for sticking with a player is achievements......can take a while to get certain stats up, especially home runs.
  • Options
    jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    Casey Fien, CL, 4.5 star 7,9,8

I had him in PRO level. After the Legends playoff, his ERA is still good (1.37 ).
    Comparing with Koji, Casey has more stable performance.