The Pause Button

Doc WeggieDoc Weggie Registered Users 1 Posts
How does everyone feel about the PAUSE button? I have had other players tell me that they press the pause button just as the pitcher releases the ball to get an idea where it is going. Then they can take their time deciding to swing or take the pitch. They then "unpause" and the game gives them a second or two before it starts and they can time their swing.

Players that do this are not honoring the game the way it was meant to be played.

I think the pause button should be dimmed out (disabled) as the pitcher starts his windup. This is similar to "requesting time out". The umpire doesn't need to call time just because the batter is asking for it and they shouldn't call time when the pitcher begins his windup.

Thoughts?

Comments

• KingdinglingKingdingling Registered Users 211 Posts
    Doc Weggie wrote: »
    How does everyone feel about the PAUSE button? I have had other players tell me that they press the pause button just as the pitcher releases the ball to get an idea where it is going. Then they can take their time deciding to swing or take the pitch. They then "unpause" and the game gives them a second or two before it starts and they can time their swing.

Players that do this are not honoring the game the way it was meant to be played.

I think the pause button should be dimmed out (disabled) as the pitcher starts his windup. This is similar to "requesting time out". The umpire doesn't need to call time just because the batter is asking for it and they shouldn't call time when the pitcher begins his windup.

Thoughts?

Doc, I've never thought the pause button would be an option to cheat the game because every time I use it then un pause I don't have enoug time to decide what's being pitched. Maybe it's just me.
  • diagorodiagoro Registered Users 84 Posts
    I tried this last night, and it's a tedious process. Seems to only work with curve***** and slower pitchers. Forget it with anything over 90.
  • KingdinglingKingdingling Registered Users 211 Posts
    diagoro wrote: »
    I tried this last night, and it's a tedious process. Seems to only work with curve***** and slower pitchers. Forget it with anything over 90.

I tried it a few times, struck out and said the h-ell with this and just kept playing the game without the BS.