Options

Better bullpen control

LiverpoolFCLiverpoolFC Registered Users 68 Posts
For the next update it would be sweet if you could see who is due up for the next team when you decide who to choose from your bullpen. This way you can decide if you want to use a lefty or a righty to face them. It'd also be cool to have more control of your bullpen. When I go to the bullpen in the 6th inning it gives me the choice of my RP1 or my long reliever. I'd rather have the choice between my RP1 and my RP2, my long reliever should be reserved for when my starter struggled to get through 3-4 innings or if the game goes to extra innings. It would really be great to just have the choice of all 5 relievers at any point, but I understand if for some reason this isn't able to be implemented.

Comments

• Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Agreed. In almost every 9 inning game you never see the RP2. If you have one lefty and one righy and were able to see who was due up, it would give the player more of a strategy to work with.
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Kind on the same topic, but I know others have mentioned being able to make their own line-up. But if that is not possible, I think the same thing LiverpoolFC is suggesting would work on line ups. You should be able to see who his starting and fill your positions accordingly. The game still makes the line ups, but at least you have your lefty or righty line up in. Otherwise, it feels like your reserves do not get a chance to play much, and it provides more strategy to the game which I enjoy.
  • Options
    JGYankJGYank Registered Users 49 Posts
    Agree for the most part. I bought a left handed reliever as a free agent but he almost never pitches because he's my RP2 (although my closer is also lefty but I don't bring him in until the 9th or later) and I don't know who is due up. I actually will use my long reliever to take over for my starter as soon as I can because he's better than any of my starters and 2 of my relievers so I will just let him pitch until he's tired or until I get the lead then bring in my set up man and closer to finish the game or keep it going if it's in extras. My two worst relievers are usually used after everyone else is taken out and my current pitcher is tired or if I don't get the option to bring in someone else.