Options

Bunt hits

JGYankJGYank Registered Users 49 Posts
Anyone ever get a bunt hit? It is possible?

Comments

• Options
    pj423pj423 Registered Users 95 Posts
    Yes it is possible
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    I'd say it happens about 20% of the time. I usually bunt with only my 9 bunt guys. The fielders seem to not cover the bunt. Especially if you are bunting from the left side. But it can happen batting righty too
  • Options
    Would you say speed improves your chances of getting one? Or do the fielders just not reach the ball and it's all from bunting skill?
  • Options
    diagorodiagoro Registered Users 84 Posts
    Bunt hit seem to happen when the ball goes down the 3rd or 1st line. But 95% it goes right to the pitcher

Would be nice if the players less than 9 could bunt. I've had a few 7 second popups from bunts. And NEVER bunt with a man on third.
  • Options
    I only bunt with a guy that has a 9 bunting rating. Oddly, my 9 bunt guys are 9 speed guys too. The hits come from when the pitcher does not go for the ball. Like I said, for me it happens 15-20% of the time. If the picher moves, then your runner will advance, but the picher will always throw out the bunter at first. If he bunts right at the picher your lead guy is a goner. And your bunting hitter will be safe at first. It is ok to bunt with a man on third. I've scored many runs like this and sometimes got the hit too. You only NEVER bunt with a man on 3rd if it says "infield is in" on the screen. If it says defense is at double play depth or nothing then bunt as you would normally. It's hit or miss if it's going to say infield in. Depends on the other team's settings. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    One more thing. I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but I start my bunt as the picher is just about to release the ball. Just seemed if I had it down right away or as the pitch was on its way I would pop out a lot more. Like I said, not sure if it's a factor, but it works for me.
  • Options
    Normally I never would bunt with a runner on third but I saw someone else do it and it scored a run and now I do from time to time as long as the infield isn't in and it hasn't failed to get the runner in yet.