Options

Team upgrade question/opinion

Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
Currently my catcher, outfielder hands and arm, and infielder hands are all at a 7. I'm debating saving up to upgrade them to an 8. Anyone notice a difference worth dropping 6k in gold on? Or is that gold better spent on #1 picks. (Pitching, hitting, and speed are already maxed out.)

Comments

• Options
    jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    No obvious difference.
    I think each upgrade level just give you x% chance to avoid error or to catch base thief. If you are not lucky enough, your team is still possible hurt by the (100-x)% chance.

My infielder/outfielder/catcher arm is 9 but I still can see a lot of "an error hurt xxx","xxx stolen second base"...etc.
    My suggestion is to keep getting players from #1 pick and once if u have more gold bar, you can consider to upgrade.
    Since your skill level is 7 or 8, that is high enough for staying at Legends league.
  • Options
    I do find it interesting that the catcher arm upgrade says it improves by 20%. At level 7 I should be throwing out at 140% clip.
  • Options
    LiverpoolFCLiverpoolFC Registered Users 68 Posts
    You don't add percentages like that. It starts with some baseline percentage when you have no upgrades, let's say 10% since you catcher is terrible. Then with each N upgrade level you multiply that 10% by 1.2^N. So when you have upgraded to level 9 you will have 10*1.2^9 which is roughly 50% of baserunners, which would equivocate to having better than Yadier Molina behind the plate
  • Options
    JGYankJGYank Registered Users 49 Posts
    But then how would you factor in the opponents base coach and the runner speed to get the CS%?
  • Options
    JGYankJGYank Registered Users 49 Posts
    Also how much should I value the pitch calling upgrade?
  • Options
    You can't work out the math to figure out the exact CS% because they don't give you the baseline value when there are no upgrades on either side
  • Options
    Thanks for the info LiverpoolFC. I figured that's not how the % went up. But I have a better idea now. You never answered th question though. You think it's worth going from 7-8 in those catagories? I know yours is at a 8. Did u notice the difference from 7?
  • Options
    I went to 8 because the legends would pile on runs due to errors. I wouldn't say I notice a difference per se, but the nature of the upgrade is that you will undoubtedly commit fewer errors at the clip they advertise