New to the Game and Baseball - questions

haggisinreigatehaggisinreigate Registered Users 3 Posts
Hi,
I am very new to Baseball after watching ESPN late at night and getting hooked in the Post season. The game has helped my understanding of the game which is great. Anyone help with the questions:
- when buying a pick from the Rollette wheel, should you let it roll out of tap to stop it?
- Why can you not bunt on some plays (rules of baseball?)
- Can you change your pitcher at any time or only when they tell you he is struggling?

Lastly, any good sources of information on baseball out there? sick of mlb.com

Game name is: Haggis if anyone fancies a game (on MVP level)

Thanks for reading

Comments

• diagorodiagoro Registered Users 84 Posts
    Hey Haggis....Scottish? ;)

- Bunts are a situational tool, only available when you have men on base and less than two outs. Bunting is generally used to move a runner along, sacrificing an out in the process. But there are some very fast runners who can get away with using it to get on base, but it's risky. Also...a bunt that goes foul with two strikes is considered a third strike/an out.

- As for pitchers, in the real world they can be subbed out at any time, but this game restricts it. Pethaps because there is a limited number of relievers.

- As for the wheel, I've seen no difference in how I get a player. From our level and above, it's diminishing returns anyways (unless you get a #1 pick).

Good luck!
  • haggisinreigatehaggisinreigate Registered Users 3 Posts
    How did you guess :)

Okay thanks for the info and for the people who have challenged me to a game, certainly enjoying it.

I have been bunting with Starling Marte who is fast so it works for him, but others pop it up.

Any other good sources of Baseball news for us Brits across the water?
  • diagorodiagoro Registered Users 84 Posts
    I grew up with the game, and it's second nature now....though I'm much more into soccer. Go figure, I love the two sports that non fans consider "slow and boring", lol.

I'll have to ask some friends about new, info sources.
  • pj423pj423 Registered Users 95 Posts
    Mlbtraderumors.com i like. really there are tons of places try searching mlb news or specific team news