Major Unexplained Stat drops

tirizzo0309tirizzo0309 Registered Users 6 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I love this game, but the fact that some players got extreme boosts and drops really isn't that fair. David Wright for me went from a 4.5 star to a THREE star, wow! Cespedes' power dropped a lot, yet he hit bombs this year.

All my relievers got nerfed to be more "realistic" yet they can still throw 105MPH...which is realistic in what way?

This franchise player things is a HUGE SCAM! Do not get this! You can borrow a player for 5 games for 400 gold, then you lose them. How is that a good ****ing deal? Wait..it's just a way to get your money.

This update is meaningless and screws over a lot of players who will now pay more to win more.

Comments

• Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    Uh oh. Not looking forward to this
  • LiverpoolFCLiverpoolFC Registered Users 68 Posts
    If you knew anything about baseball, which you don't, you'd realize that David Wright had an OPS of .698 and an oWAR of 1.4 this year. 3* is a perfect rating for him, might even be a bit high.
  • grotethgroteth Registered Users 4 Posts
    You seem like a pretty fair guy and seem to have a pretty good understanding of baseball statistics. I think this game gets a pretty good amount right but there is one persistent pattern that really bothers me. In games against the Legends team it's not unusual to see a pitchers scoreline look something like this:

Kershaw: 6 IP, 6ER, 12H, 13K, 1BB for a BABIP of around .705 (12/17, depending on CS, double plays, etc.) If it were a one off it wouldn't bother me but it's fairly common.
    If you knew anything about baseball, which you don't, you'd realize that David Wright had an OPS of .698 and an oWAR of 1.4 this year. 3* is a perfect rating for him, might even be a bit high.
  • LiverpoolFCLiverpoolFC Registered Users 68 Posts
    You mean for your Kershaw? Or for the Legends' Kershaw? I agree that striking out 13 and allowing 12 hits simultaneously is unrealistic IRL but for a simulation I think it makes more sense.

In a simulation like this one you have a bunch of individual events, at bats, that are independent of each other in the eyes of the computer. The computer aggregates the pitcher's abilites, the hitter's abilities, and the respective upgrade levels and then determines some percent chance that each possible event will happen (single, HR, error, walk, etc.). There are different ways to make games but my guess for a simple one like this is that it then uses a PNR (pseudo-random number generator) and the event is decided. The problem with this is that it can't take into account other factors like a pitcher's confidence and rhythm, so a pitcher can easily strike out 12 but allow 13 hits against a lineup like the Legends because both of those events have a pretty good likelihood given Kershaw's stuff and the Legends ability to hit. In real life this isn't nearly as likely because if Kershaw, or any other pitcher, is striking out two guys every inning he isn't also getting shelled when he isn't striking guys out. More sophisticated games like MLB the Show take into account Pitchers' confidence and whatnot I believe, but a simple sim can't.

Sorry if that answer was really long, I hope it makes sense.
  • diagorodiagoro Registered Users 84 Posts
    I don't like that players I spent 300 gold for are now 2 1/2*......seems rather unfair, especially when you consider how biased the roulette wheel already is!
  • taxi driverstaxi drivers Registered Users 17 Posts
    Unfortunately most of my players declined. Sadly I spent real money to purchase gold, but obviously won't be doing that again.