Options

Trades

leftfieldsleftfields Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
Hey,

Been playing the game for about a week now, love it. The only thing I am wondering is:

As i add players to my roster/inactives, the trade value goes up. After 10 it was a late-round draft pick, after 20 it was a second round, I'm at 33 and it's a first round draft pick. What amount of players need to be traded for a first OVERALL pick? Is it 40? 50? Is it even possible?

Can anyone help a guy out? SHould i keep waiting for that First Overall, or have i reached the highest bracket with the first round?

Comments

• Options
    Spicy_PantsSpicy_Pants Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    Hi leftfields, glad to hear you're enjoying the game. You can indeed get a #1 pick through trades. The quality of pick offered via trade is based on the overall quality of your inactive players rather than the amount. You will definitely reach a #1 pick at some point, but it is impossible to say when exactly that will happen without knowing your current players and those that you will draft in the future
  • Options
    Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    I was up to 34 players at one point but didn't have the top draft pick option. Nice to know its possible at least
  • Options
    StanfieldStanfield Registered Users 24 Posts
    From my experiences this isn't a good feature to use in the game. I've spent a lot of money on this game trying to acquire good players and I'm beginning to notice a pattern. I started off using the trade feature to get rid of my inactive players in order for 1 more shot at a good player. When you think about it at first, it sounds great. But what I believe is the case, you can't have duplicate players or in my case maybe I've been lucky and haven't had any. I've bought so many players though you'd think I'd have a duplicate by now so I'm pretty confident on this thought process.

My mentality and from what I've experienced by using the trade feature in that case is, by not using the trade feature I end up getting new players and increasing my chances on getting better and better players. Clearly though, there are so many baseball players that it won't be a huge impact but still I'd rather take my chances and hold on to my inactives, than get Angel Pagan 3-4 times spending 100-300 gold each time because I chose to trade him and 10-15 other players away for a single 3-star player. It just isn't sufficient enough for me to do and in my case it's not cost productive as numerous times I end up getting the same players I ended up trading away. Just my opinion from using the feature.
  • Options
    Droshow24Droshow24 Registered Users 1 Posts
    @Spicy Pants
    I have over 100 inactives, many of which are 3 star quality and I still can't trade my inactives for a #1 pick, despite waiting and accruing over 75 more players than needed for a first rounder because you said it was possible. Also, I have to pay 400 and 150 gold respectively for #1 and first round picks where as my buddy only has to pay 300 and 100 gold respectively, why is this?
  • Options
    Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    I finally got a #1 and I had about 120. Got a four star SP
  • Options
    Maida_gcMaida_gc Registered Users 172 Posts
    Posted in another thread. Up to 169 now...
  • Options
    214 and climbing.
  • Options
    solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    You'll be so ****ed when your #1 draft comes up with a 3-star player.
  • Options
    solarmen wrote: »
    You'll be so ****ed when your #1 draft comes up with a 3-star player.

So inadvertently, I went from complaining to perhaps being the luckiest player out there. Owning 300 players when they re-jig EVERYONES stats turned out to be a MAJOR winfall. I'm now cutting 4* players like it's my job. Even found a 5* and 4.5 * lying in the scrubs.

Oh, and with all those extra pretty stars I can swap for #1 now.
  • Options
    ProjProj Registered Users 6 Posts
    Maida_gc wrote: »
    So inadvertently, I went from complaining to perhaps being the luckiest player out there. Owning 300 players when they re-jig EVERYONES stats turned out to be a MAJOR winfall. I'm now cutting 4* players like it's my job. Even found a 5* and 4.5 * lying in the scrubs.

Oh, and with all those extra pretty stars I can swap for #1 now.

I was in the same boat. I pretty much stopped playing b/c it takes close to 2 minutes b/w innings and it drained my battery. I was up to almost 650 inactives. I checked my batters and was able to upgrade my lineup nicely. I am trying to check my pitchers to do the same but it takes forever to load. Perhaps the problem with loading was due to having so many players. Once I am able to adjust my pitchers I am going to trade my inactives to see if that helps.
  • Options
    diagorodiagoro Registered Users 84 Posts
    Maida_gc wrote: »
    214 and climbing.

**** you Glu!!! Just got the chance to trade 90 inactives for a #1.....and got a 3*. Seriously blows.....

Might be time to walk away from the game.
  • Options
    Oh yeah TSB sucks battery like crazy. Man maybe you're right on the inactive players helping AT ALL... I'd be excited by that.

Doing the same thing before swapping for that #1. I'm leaving 3 star Dickey in at the 5th rotation spot. Guy seems to produce for 5 innings and bullpen so **** good now what the hell.
  • Options
    I'd also be mighty ticked off if I had just swapped my guys. That is frustrating and I know lots in the same boat. Guys who drafted luckier/better and now have a worse team with more effort.