Options

possibly quitting this game...

deathwisherdeathwisher Registered Users 12 Posts
I have been a big fan of the game thus far but in this new update they changed the rewards from getting rewards for being in the top 1000 to being in the top 100. Its just ludicrous that they would do this. Dropped rewards down to 10 percent of old rewards for being top players. Glu makes good games but its stupid to charge 100 dollars to not even be able to beat a game when good full console games are 60 for a full game. They really need to gear towards players or they will lose players and will stop making money if they **** off the players of the game.

Comments

• Options
    LiverpoolFCLiverpoolFC Registered Users 68 Posts
    Wow you have to be top 5 to get gold for rewards now. While this sort of sucks, it also means I will play this game much more passively and not grind for those rewards so I can focus more on work, so it's weirdly almost a relief.
  • Options
    TheBest100028TheBest100028 Registered Users 11 Posts
    Agreed, there is basically no way to get the team stats above 6/9 on all of them.
  • Options
    deathwisherdeathwisher Registered Users 12 Posts
    To get all upgrades for 6/9 on that would be 36000 gold 100 dollars gets you 10800 gold. Full set to 7/9 is 9000 gold. If upgrades stay at 1000 gold which I doubt it would cost around 400 dollars to get that much gold. A full game on a console 60 dollars. I think im quitting and going to stick with either xbox or paying 15 to 20 dollars on a full mobile game. Free to play is not worth it at all.
  • Options
    1986Mets1986Mets Registered Users 19 Posts
    Wow you have to be top 5 to get gold for rewards now. While this sort of sucks, it also means I will play this game much more passively and not grind for those rewards so I can focus more on work, so it's weirdly almost a relief.

This is the perfect quote which shows Glu this was a bad decision. Instead of a player base motivated to play more hours and head up the rankings, you've now effectively made the rankings completely pointless. At least if I put in 5 hours I could land in the top 1,000 - but now I would get nothing for my efforts. This will cause people, like myself, to play the game less, care less, and give up the game much quicker than before.

Seriously Spicy_Pants, Francis and other Glu staff, figure out creative ways to INCENTIVIZE us, instead of BULLYING us to spend more money.
  • Options
    LiverpoolFCLiverpoolFC Registered Users 68 Posts
    Glu doesn't care how much you play the game without spending money though. In fact, if you aren't going to spend money, then to them you're costing them bandwidth and other server costs, so they probably don't care if you stop playing. On the other hand, they need a large and loyal userbase to make this game interesting since you don't want to be playing the same 25 people on any given level.
  • Options
    Amazin' MetsAmazin' Mets Registered Users 6 Posts
    Glu doesn't care how much you play the game without spending money though. In fact, if you aren't going to spend money, then to them you're costing them bandwidth and other server costs, so they probably don't care if you stop playing. On the other hand, they need a large and loyal userbase to make this game interesting since you don't want to be playing the same 25 people on any given level.

True, Glu doesn't care that much about people who aren't buying gold, however they still make money off those players when they watch the videos to get the "free gold". If they lose them, they will lose advertising revenue.