Options

Game Ruined

TheBest100028TheBest100028 Registered Users 11 Posts
I used to play the game to get in the top 50 on the leaderboards so that way I could buy the upgrades and get a better team. Now the gold amounts have been reduced and you need to be in the top 5. All my really good players have significant point drops. I used to play religiously to get the 1000 or so gold a day,but now there is no point. I specifically made a glu account to make this post. I expected them to expand the leaderboards and give more gold to more players but instead everything is all based around gold and now the only way to get it is to pay, and its a ridiculous price. Unless I see some changes to make gold attainable. I'm going to quit and in very sure there are other people who are going to quit too. Its all about the freaking money.
ps. I need to login 3 times in order to see my games, FIX IT!

Comments

• Options
    deathwisherdeathwisher Registered Users 12 Posts
    I agree 100 percent. Bad move glu
  • Options
    LiverpoolFCLiverpoolFC Registered Users 68 Posts
    While I understand your frustration, it's baffling to me that people are surprised or even upset that this is all about the money. Do you think the developers are working for free? Do you think they have servers that require no bandwidth and no energy costs? Do you think Glu works out of someone's garage? They have bills to pay and clearly they realized they weren't making enough off of this game, so they made gold less attainable forcing people to spend money. It's definitely annoying but I don't see a problem with it honestly.
  • Options
    taxi driverstaxi drivers Registered Users 17 Posts
    While I understand your frustration, it's baffling to me that people are surprised or even upset that this is all about the money. Do you think the developers are working for free? Do you think they have servers that require no bandwidth and no energy costs? Do you think Glu works out of someone's garage? They have bills to pay and clearly they realized they weren't making enough off of this game, so they made gold less attainable forcing people to spend money. It's definitely annoying but I don't see a problem with it honestly.

How about all the people than actually spent money to buy gold, to only see their players stats decline after the update?
  • Options
    1986Mets1986Mets Registered Users 19 Posts

And when you play so much that you make the top50 you are invariably going to end up having to watch a bunch of ads in between innings, which earns Glu money. Not to mention, having an active player base will help keep the game going strong and probably result in more money being spent, not less. Instead of rewarding players for playing 7 hours in one day, they are now punishing them. I doubt the players who play THAT much are going to buy more gold, because they probably ONLY play that much because they REALLY want the reward. Plus, for the more casual players it actually keeps you going when they reward the top 50 with gold, because you say to yourself "one day I'll binge out and try to hit the top 50," rather than just saying "bah, this game is only about the money. screw this shizer."

I personally never make the top 50 anyways, but I believe this is a bad choice by Glu.
  • Options
    Maida_gcMaida_gc Registered Users 172 Posts
    1986Mets wrote: »
    And when you play so much that you make the top50 you are invariably going to end up having to watch a bunch of ads in between innings, which earns Glu money. Not to mention, having an active player base will help keep the game going strong and probably result in more money being spent, not less. Instead of rewarding players for playing 7 hours in one day, they are now punishing them. I doubt the players who play THAT much are going to buy more gold, because they probably ONLY play that much because they REALLY want the reward. Plus, for the more casual players it actually keeps you going when they reward the top 50 with gold, because you say to yourself "one day I'll binge out and try to hit the top 50," rather than just saying "bah, this game is only about the money. screw this shizer."

I personally never make the top 50 anyways, but I believe this is a bad choice by Glu.

It doesn't appear as thought it's top 50 of EVERYONE playing. Sub sections. I think they've done it this way to IMPROVE your chances of hitting a number for a reward for playing. For instance I'd grind just to make top 500. Now I think I can just play, make top 100 of the group I'm paired with. You, will have a different top 100 to achieve?

I'm saying this because I have 3 hits, and I'm top 150. The leaders don't appear like cheaters like normal.
  • Options
    cleared my active "my turn innings" played about 30 minutes. And I'm in the 20's for effort on Hits & Runs. Netting me some money. Less effort. Perhaps not as big of a reward, but far more attainable. And again, I don't appear to see any crazy stats / cheaters way above me monopolizing that gold should I put in my time today.
  • Options
    Amazin' MetsAmazin' Mets Registered Users 6 Posts
    Maida_gc wrote: »
    cleared my active "my turn innings" played about 30 minutes. And I'm in the 20's for effort on Hits & Runs. Netting me some money. Less effort. Perhaps not as big of a reward, but far more attainable. And again, I don't appear to see any crazy stats / cheaters way above me monopolizing that gold should I put in my time today.

I could be wrong, but you were likely in the top 20's in stats because the game was down for hours last night. A lot of players gave up on it coming back up last night, so when it did only a few players actually played. So anything you did this morning would have made you top 20. Once the diehard players start trickling back in today, I doubt just clearing your "my turns" will keep you anywhere near the top 20.
  • Options
    I could be wrong, but you were likely in the top 20's in stats because the game was down for hours last night. A lot of players gave up on it coming back up last night, so when it did only a few players actually played. So anything you did this morning would have made you top 20. Once the diehard players start trickling back in today, I doubt just clearing your "my turns" will keep you anywhere near the top 20.

There are thousands and thousands of players. My 17 runs today couldn't possibly be 13th place good for the 5K reward if I can stay there. I mean MAYBE, but perhaps more likely is the change to standings isn't the end of the world like we thought.

Does anyone else show "CYCLONEZ" first place with 50 runs today? Or is your leader different.
  • Options
    You're SuspectYou're Suspect Registered Users 8 Posts
    Does anyone else show "CYCLONEZ" first place with 50 runs today? Or is your leader different.

I see CHAMP728891 @ 76 runs, SupermanRR @ 61 runs, LiquorBoxers @ 57 runs. No one else above 50.
  • Options
    SquirrelzSquirrelz Registered Users 12 Posts
    Seems they're trying to give everyone a better chance at gold (even if it less). Seems fair to me.
  • Options
    I guess no matter your segment you're still going to get paired with grinders, maybe cheaters?, anyway I have guys up to 25 wins and 18 wins already. So 2 guys running away with it. Still some room for me though to get top 5 if I really plugged.
  • Options
    SquirrelzSquirrelz Registered Users 12 Posts
    I guess no matter your segment you're still going to get paired with grinders, maybe cheaters?, anyway I have guys up to 25 wins and 18 wins already. So 2 guys running away with it. Still some room for me though to get top 5 if I really plugged.

Lucky my top guy has 725 hits 401 runs and 53 wins
  • Options
    Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    Looks to be segmented out. I'm doing pretty good after having a lot of games to finish