Options

I wish there is another way to get the player I want

solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
I need a decent SS and/or C (4.5*+) but can't find a good (or economical) way to get such a player. Let me know if I miss anything:

1. Draft. I do 2nd round draft every time my cash goes to $4,000, and will trade for a 1st round once I have about 10 inactive players. But for the past month or so, I've never drafted a player that can make my team.
2. Free agent: it costs 800 gold to get a 3-3.5* mediocre player, and costs 1600 gold only to get a 4*. The most recent update seems to lower the star rating system, and some 4 hitting guys are rated 4*. It doesn't look attractive to me.
3. Special events: last event had Posey on sale if you spent 12,000 gold. That's over $100 in real money.
4. Tournament: tournament rewards are Darvish (1500 gold) and Ortiz (750 gold). Not what I need, and you have to win the tournament to get them.

Comments

• Options
    JGYankJGYank Registered Users 49 Posts
    Have you tried the positional draft pick? They're the same as a 1st round pick but more expensive because you get a player only from the position you're looking for. I haven't tried it, but it may be worth it if those are your only needs. I don't think anyone wants to buy one of those 3 player packs because they're so expensive and I don't think those carry players better than a 4* anyway so the positional player draft might increase your chances of getting what you need.
  • Options
    Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    I bought one of the 3 player packs to get a specific player. It was the same cost as a FA basically.
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    If you plan on buying by position, plan for at least 4 tries before you get a solid player. It easier than 1st rounder but not as random as #1. I did it to get a second baseman. Took me 5 tries. So 1500 gold. So weigh your chances.
  • Options
    Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    Who did you end up with?
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    After Utley took a dip from the update I needed a second baseman. Got Jose Altuve 9/2/9 5*. Fit perfectly. He's hitting .352