Weapon types so far / shops should so "sell" gear

adamtfvadamtfv Registered Users 4 Posts
Hi all,

I am just nearly level 13 now and was wondering if any of you have come across weapons other than swords and the random axe that pops up in chests when you grind the low levels?

Also, it would be nice if you could buy base level versions of the weapons and upgrade/build them up. I know you can sorta do this currently, but to get to a ++ weapon requires 4 of the original weapon (something like that).

Wouldn't being able to salvage the "magic bits", assuming gems or such here, rather than only being able to sell the weapon off for peanuts, and then build/slot in/enhance weapons and armor up with the parts from other weapons ( assuming you don't want the new one vs rather custom building your own with arguments you prefer).

Given that this game is RPG/Puzzle combo (reminds me of Gylph Quest, which is a brilliant game) there isn't really any meat to the RPG side other than being a core 3-match puzzle game with a really pretty RPG skin. The gold/health/attack/shield upgrade house countsI guess, but I feel it needs a bit more depth / it would be a waste of its potential to not given more options in regards to building your character i.e maybe some skill options that add different pieces to puzzle for different combos. Or be able to develop the fairy to have some support moves, more choose to have a more damage focused fairy.

I am loving the game so far, the obvious pay or do heavy grinding freemium structure aside,but varied weapon types e.g sword, axe, dagger, spear, that add some strategy to the puzzle matching, potentially be able to choose to rather use ranged weapons instead. Naturally it would be mostly cosmetic, but varied dog, diff abilities based on the weapon type and building up our own gear would make a huge diff.

Comments

• Peridot WeaponPeridot Weapon Registered Users 10 Posts
    adamtfv wrote: »
    I am just nearly level 13 now and was wondering if any of you have come across weapons other than swords and the random axe that pops up in chests when you grind the low levels?

Equipment seems very much based on dungeon location. For instance, the very first dungeon will ALWAYS drop a low-quality sword, and the second will always drop a low-quality shield.

While the smiths allow you to "upgrade" gear, it doesn't seem like it'd be worth the bother except for the most advanced equipment. Maybe if there was some sort of "mastery" system, where you couldn't use the higher-level gear until you'd equipped and cleared X dungeons with the previous set from the same family, people would be encouraged to use and upgrade tier-less or "green circle" equipment.

There's not much point in using two Rage Blades, 500 Gold and 25 minutes to upgrade it to a Rage Blade+, for example. You'll find something better just through normal loot. And it makes even LESS sense to spend the 60 GEMS it'd take to upgrade that to either a Fire Shaper's Sword or Vampiric Blade. You could just buy four Warrior's Chests instead if you want to improve your equipment through premium currency!
  • adamtfvadamtfv Registered Users 4 Posts
    I shudder as to how much that would cost! I usually don't have problem with in-app purchases, but this game seems to be a bit pricey in comparison to how many gems you need to spend at the various smiths.
  • ca5baca5ba Registered Users 35 Posts
    you could buy warrior chest's? they have good stuff?
    ca5ba wrote: »
    you could buy warrior chest's? they have good stuff?

Yeah, but that's the problem I think adamtfv is bringing up.

The smiths, for the most part, seem useless, unless there's some good "end game" equipment that you can only get through them by combining equipment. If I want to "class up" a Green Circle shield from, say, Centurion to Fire Shaper, I'm spending 60 Gems for the privilege. Why would I do that instead of buying four chests? I imagine I'd get at least one Blue Triangle (for all I know, they always drop at least that level of rarity).

They want me to spend 15,000 Gold and 1 Day to upgrade each of the smiths to be able to forge Rare items. If the pattern continues, it'll probably cost 100 Gems to change any rare item to a better type, even when using the smith. What's the point?

And if you do find an item that you feel is worth upgrading to its "+" form (which typically costs coins instead of gems), make sure you're always carrying around a placeholder weapon, helmet or shield. If you don't have something else to wear while that weapon is item is being upgraded, you can't do it!
  • ca5baca5ba Registered Users 35 Posts
    smiths only add a + to what u have , my sycth went from 160 attack to 200 with one + but other then that the only way to get a hole new wepon is from drops or chest's
    ca5ba wrote: »
    smiths only add a + to what u have , my sycth went from 160 attack to 200 with one + but other then that the only way to get a hole new wepon is from drops or chest's

At least with lower level equipment, you can "forge" items into completely other items by combining two of them (and gems).

As I mentioned above, if you have two Centurion Shields, the Shieldsmith gives you the option to combine them into a single Fire Shaper Shield by using both shields, 60 Gems, and waiting one minute (or was it one second?). It's obviously a complete waste of resources, but it's a way to get a whole new weapon without opening a chest or visiting a dungeon.

I imagine when you get into rare (Triangle) equipment, there probably aren't many "recipes" right now that will let you combine two items into a different item. And I wouldn't be surprised if even the "+" forms start requiring gems at that point ...
  • fighter22fighter22 Registered Users 2 Posts
    does anyone know which cave drops an arctic savage shield? i cannot find them anymore. thanks.