RIP Tournaments

MackDaddyMikeMackDaddyMike Registered Users 45 Posts
Every cash tournament now costs 64k cash.

How greedy are the devs gonna get? Jacking up prices and lowering rewards, this game keeps getting better and better.

Comments

• 1986Mets1986Mets Registered Users 19 Posts
    LMAO - 64,000 to try to win a 2 star player. Good joke GLU............. Not!

I thought when you said this that the best tournaments would cost 64k cash, which would be an improvement to the ridiculous amount of gold everything costs.

GLU, if you're going to be this j/e/w/i/s/h you might as well make it interesting. Here's an idea: Whenever a player is rounding third and heading home, just have the catcher square up to him and kick my guy right in the nuts... my guy will fall over and then the catcher will tag him out as he writhes on the ground in pain. Then a pop-up saying "Want to avoid getting kicked in the b/alls? Spend 100 gold and play worry-free for the next 3 innings!"

I'm so much better at creating great money-making schemes than you, GLU. Hire me, if you can afford me.
  • 1986Mets1986Mets Registered Users 19 Posts
    Here's another freebie:

How about my players get tired over the course of the game... So much so that they start crawling around the bases like pathetic toddlers. Then, to get players to spend more money, you offer them crackerjacks, hot dogs and other ball park favorites to give them the energy to round the bases! Everyone knows that s/hit is overpriced at ball parks, so add it to the game for a realistic and enjoyable All-American experience! But, here's where it gets GREAT: If you feed your players too many food items, they will get fat, get diabetes, and their Speed ratings will drop. Then you'll need to offer them Steroids to make them worthwhile and improve their power rankings (the better the steroids, the more gold they cost. If you purchase bad steroids, they could get injured or even worse - tested and banned for x number of games).

I could go on, but I charge consulting fees for my amazing ideas.
  • TheBest100028TheBest100028 Registered Users 11 Posts
    Worst part of this is I made a ton of money from these tournaments and so I kept doing it like nothing, then I realized I lost 200k+ from the tournaments afternoon the switch.
  • mattwomattwo Registered Users 2 Posts
    Same I think it is dumb that they put it up to 64k just put it back like it was before
  • smattssmatts Registered Users 9 Posts
    Was a great game. The kind where you could struggle to build a team and be rewarded for playing long enough or you could spend a bunch of cash and be good from the start. While the prices for gold were outrageous, I never minded as I could earn a little playing or watching videos and be excited by adding 1 good player to my team every few days. I would even spend a little money for gold to get an extra pick or two.

Now that ive played close to 3 months and have a great team, they've taken my ability to play away. Player vs player games crash the app after every inning and the game takes so long to load that I focused on tournament games to keep playing. Now those are too expensive as a lone gameplay alternative and don't even reflect the rewards properly (64k for each tier? Why even have the lowest 2 then?) I didn't play the tournament to climb the leaderboard but it happened and as I did I figured I would at least earn a little more gold to help build my team. But that doesn't work either.

I know no one knows me or cares if I stop playing, but I felt it necessary to share my views with the developers and let them know that they took a great game with so much potential and killed it through greed. Every "fix" I have seen in the last couple weeks has made the game more expensive while simultaneously reducing rewards and gameplay ability. I hope they see their error and fix the base issues before thinking of new ways to rip people off.

I can't and won't ask for my money back, I enjoyed the first 2 months immensely, but will definitely avoid all Glu games and tell others of my experience. Time to find a new company to spend my dollars on.
  • diagorodiagoro Registered Users 84 Posts
    smatts wrote: »
    Was a great game. The kind where you could struggle to build a team and be rewarded for playing long
    enough or you could spend a bunch of cash and be good from the start. While the prices for gold were outrageous, I never minded as I could earn a little playing or watching videos and be excited by adding 1 good player to my team every few days. I would even spend a little money for gold to get an extra pick or two.

Now that ive played close to 3 months and have a great team, they've taken my ability to play away. Player vs player games crash the app after every inning and the game takes so long to load that I focused on tournament games to keep playing. Now those are too expensive as a lone gameplay alternative and don't even reflect the rewards properly (64k for each tier? Why even have the lowest 2 then?) I didn't play the tournament to climb the leaderboard but it happened and as I did I figured I would at least earn a little more gold to help build my team. But that doesn't work either.

I know no one knows me or cares if I stop playing, but I felt it necessary to share my views with the developers and let them know that they took a great game with so much potential and killed it through greed. Every "fix" I have seen in the last couple weeks has made the game more expensive while simultaneously reducing rewards and gameplay ability. I hope they see their error and fix the base issues before thinking of new ways to rip people off.

I can't and won't ask for my money back, I enjoyed the first 2 months immensely, but will definitely avoid all Glu games and tell others of my experience. Time to find a new company to spend my dollars on.

Well said. I quit last week after the last update.It was no longer a game, but a cashflow for Glu. Like humans in The Matrix....

I was able to get my purchases refunded, and think that's the only way Glu will get the message. They don't read the forums, probably don't read trouble tickets, but they read their financial statements.

It's a real shame. They created a great game and deserve income, but gouging is beyond cool.....
  • jays9293jays9293 Registered Users 18 Posts
    1986Mets wrote: »
    LMAO - 64,000 to try to win a 2 star player. Good joke GLU............. Not!

GLU, if you're going to be this j/e/w/i/s/h you might as well make it interesting. Here's an idea: Whenever a player is rounding third and heading home, just have the catcher square up to him and kick my guy right in the nuts...

I came here to post about this 64K in cash per tournament, but then I saw you're post and need to comment on that instead.

Starting your complaint with a horribly offensive, antisemitic slur is not the way to win friends and influence people. You can't even plea ignorance on this one as you went our of you way to add a "/" between each letter to make sure it didn't get ***'ed out.

Please keep that **** out of the forum.
  • monkeymanmonkeyman Registered Users 4 Posts
    Tournaments were BS anyway, wins accumulated too fast just by autoplaying.
    I played for weeks upon weeks to get as many wins as I have against real competition; NOT letting the app play for me.

I am assuming that the $64k price tag is a just a stop gap for the excessive run, hit, and win totals and that when they figure out a solution tournaments will be more economical.

They should probably test these features before they implement them. That way the wins leader's total (accumulated over months of playing) is not doubled by an autoplaying douche within a matter of days.
  • Brave Little ToasterBrave Little Toaster Registered Users 1 Posts
    I think the best solution to this whole mess is to just not allow simulation of any tourney games. They were a lot of fun to play but nobody is going to pay 64k to get 2nd round picks and 2* players.

Removing auto simulation for tourneys would fix things.