Options

Which pitcher to choose...

Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
Stephen Strasburg 5* 8/9/7 or Corey Kluber 5* 8/8/8

Comments

• Options
    Maida_gcMaida_gc Registered Users 172 Posts
    Trade me the other please.

Stuff trumps accuracy for me, especially when you're already talking an 8 vs 9 accurate. 8 8 8 for me
  • Options
    Actually had him before. He got hit pretty hard. Looks like they increased his control up 2 and stuff down 1.
  • Options
    Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    Strasburg has been great for me
  • Options
    Maida_gcMaida_gc Registered Users 172 Posts
    My pitcher decisions, (4* vs 4*) for the most part is the longer tenure with my team prevails. If they're preforming well enough, they stay. Only a 4.5* will bump one of my guys. Although I think I'd dump Jaimie Garcia for Liriano if I ever draw him.
  • Options
    ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    I personally think Kluber is harder to hit. both are quality pitchers, so it's all good.
  • Options
    Detroit tiggersDetroit tiggers Registered Users 53 Posts
    I have had kluber for a while and slowly moved him down my rotation. While he is 11-1, his stats are 70IP 3.09era 8.5k/inning ba0.264 and whip of 1.10. All these stats except k's are the worst of my 5 starters but he is the only 5 star. He does ok against some teams but the computer eats him alive. Struggling now to decide to replace him with 2.5 star Linecum who has way better stats but worse won loss record. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    It does. Kluber has equal stats for me too. He has played a lot of games. But if my #5 Era is 3.01 with a WHIP of 1.09 I guess I gotta stick with him. Plus, I played a friend one game with Strasburg and he gave up 6 runs in 3 innings. Decision made! Thanks for the help guys. Kluber stays.
  • Options
    Interestig how similar their stats are. I usually give pitchers 35 innings before I gage their stats though so 1 bad outing would not be enough for me to toss someone
  • Options
    I had Strasburg before for like close to 50 games. His era was well north of 4.00 and got hit hard by both human players and computer. I just was debating giving him a second go around. The one game just reminded me of the frustrations I had with him the last time.
  • Options
    I am a stats nerd. one day soon I will upload my database. Trying hard right now to guess the algorithm, I thinks it's simpler than people may think.