Furthest HR you have ever hit?

~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
I must admit, that I never used to see how far HR's went, as I was just happy to get the run(s). Today Troy Tulowitzki hit a 487 foot bomb off reliever Jake McGee! 3-2 count fastball down the middle, and off it went. Just wondering if it's possible to hit a 500 foot shot.

Comments

• Maida_gcMaida_gc Registered Users 172 Posts
    Good question, Since I've taken a look at some of the real big ones seems to be in the 445 range.
  • zuke376zuke376 Registered Users 4 Posts
    474 has been my longest
  • Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    486 feet is the longest I remember.
  • pj423pj423 Registered Users 95 Posts
    492 with nelson cruz
  • StarCatStarCat Registered Users 269 Posts
    Where can you find the distance noted?
  • champ_beauchampchamp_beauchamp Registered Users 79 Posts
    494 with Anthony Rizzo
  • LiverpoolFCLiverpoolFC Registered Users 68 Posts
    826 feet with dee gordon
  • Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    826 feet with dee gordon

Lol! That's pretty far
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Ah yes Dee Gordon. Quite the slugger.
    StarCat wrote: »

posted with every home run, top left corner, very faint text noting distance.
  • StarCatStarCat Registered Users 269 Posts
    Maida_gc wrote: »
    posted with every home run, top left corner, very faint text noting distance.
    Thank you!
  • ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    Well guys (and girls), I'll answer my own question. Tulowitzki hit a 501 ft. shot off David Robertson today. I know I'm playing way too much! The shot was to left center. I have some good players, but I'll take Tulowitzki over anyone, for HR's even my DH Martinez, who's a switch hitter.
    I'm having trouble hitting homeruns anymore. Then again my team is more speed than power I guess, just the cards I've been dealt.
    Hey Maida:

Try taking a few pitches. I hit most of my HRs on 3-1 counts. I always let big curves go by, unless I have 2 strikes.
  • KingdinglingKingdingling Registered Users 211 Posts
    StarCat wrote: »

When you hit one out the park, there are distance numbers show up right when it goes over the wall. They don't stay there very long. I'm sure you can also go to the player stats.
  • dross1991dross1991 Registered Users 46 Posts
    481 FT by Raul Ibanez. R.A. Dickey threw a knuckleball right over the plate and it was crushed. I've never had a HR leave the ballpark so quick.
    OMG!!! Jose Abreu just hit a 505 foot shot off of Aroldis Chapman. The ball jumped off the bat like it was shot out of a cannon, and it disappeared over the left center field wall. it's only the 2nd 500+ HR I've ever hit. Wish they had an instant replay button.