Options

The Game

TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
It is what it is...get over it. Play it or don't play it. I don't care...but enough of the pithin and moaning, whining and crying. It is getting old real fast. It is a game...don't like the rules, friggin move on. JMO
Say What??

Comments

• Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    Same goes with the prices, either pay and play or find another game! Glu may lower their prices when their sales slump.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Options
    Max SterlingMax Sterling Registered Users 311 Posts
    I agree wholeheartedly with you Tdub and TF. I cant understand how people are still upset after today. Am I the only one who appreciates that glu made the Darman Saw available for purchase with Hunter Bucks? Whether it was planned all along or they did it in response to all the recent complaints, its a great move on their part. Shows good faith. Thank you glu!!!! Awesome weapon and event
  • Options
    blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    Going to an Internet message board and asking people not to complain is a futile endeavor, but good luck with that. Max, I don't have a Darman Saw anywhere in my weapons store. What type weapon is it? No exotics are for cash on FB at the moment, nor any previous gold-only weapon that I can see. But sometimes the changes happen at different rates on different platforms.
    Facebook player
  • Options
    Max SterlingMax Sterling Registered Users 311 Posts
    blue ridge wrote: »
    Going to an Internet message board and asking people not to complain is a futile endeavor, but good luck with that. Max, I don't have a Darman Saw anywhere in my weapons store. What type weapon is it? No exotics are for cash on FB.

It's an exotic. It is one of the 2 exotic events currently available to play,along with the Ripper. they both have "saw blade ammo" and look like twins. I'm certain you've heard of it before, probably got thrown off by the mention of me acquiring it with HB's. At first I thought I was mistaken about what I thought I was seeing but then I bought it for a little over 1.9million HB's. I haven't seen anyone else post anything about the Saw being on sale for HB's. And what's even more of trip is that I got it for HB's right before I was going to pay real money for both the Saw and Ripper and needed to know exactly how much gold to buy lol I gotta admit, the more it seems like this wasn't supposed to happen, it makes this wonderful surprise even better for me:)
  • Options
    casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    Yeah, that was fun using the Ripper. I may have to look into spending real money for more exotics..
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Options
    Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts
    As for not seeing any complaints on a message board that is for a game that is for multiple devices, is world wide, has (in my experience) poor customer care, well, maybe some people need to get over that.

Whining about people coming here to express their opinion is getting old real fast. It is a online chat forum and it is the nature of the beast ... if you don't like the results, as you say, "friggin move on". JMO as well.
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad
  • Options
    Max,

Thanks to your heads up on the Ripper, I bought it and am playing the series.

Roland
  • Options
    Alright here it goes, **FOR ALL NEW TO DINO HUNTER OR ALL GLU GAMES**

The games are free, but as stated before you download it "contains in-app purchases" Now, you can play for free and advance in the game for free. Glu would be in trouble(business wise) if they didn't allow for that. It may be less fun, or a little more challenging but that is your choice. I personally have bought both gold and cash weapons. And the exotics I buy after the trial, or on occasion I will wait for a sale.

Now with that said, currently Dino hunter is losing its punch. The way of adding a little at a time to a region blows! And I hope that doesn't continue. The exotic weapons are starting to look like something my 5yr. old nephew would draw with his crayons. The game is fun and inventive but could use a little more style and less shoot them all up, and done.
    Their pricing hasn't changed and I don't see that it will. So play for free or buy a few gold items, the whole idea is entertainment! If you find yourself not getting that then move on to another game.~T.F :cool:
  • Options
    I am trying to understand the rules about complaining (IE: whining) here. First of all, the original whine about the whining was pretty vague. From the looks of it, we cannot whine about the high price of gold weapons, that is right out. We may be able to whine about how the game is delivered, it seems.

Can we whine about actually paying for gold, having it disappear, contacting customer care (CC), being ignored for twice the time CC promises, and then being told it is not their problem?

Can we whine about the new delivery system and having to wait for three weeks for something free to play and then getting a AR series that includes just 20 hunts? (I wasn't going to say anything, and then the Ripper being offered for HBs was a good add-on, and then this thread pops up, so anyway)

Can we whine about an entire device having an issue at the same time, like when the Kindle had the timing issue, or when FB players couldn't get theirs to work, etc.

Can we whine about not being able to transfer a game to the next new gadget without starting over?

Can we whine about having played these games for months and then having our game progress lost and reset to Region 1?

Can we whine about other posters having issues that they are having with the game (and we are not having) on chat board that is made for that?

Maybe someone can make a sticky that will let all of us know the rules on whining? Maybe we can form a Anti-Whining Police Department and chastise all that don't conform?

I can go on and on, but that is quite enough for now (not really, I do still have more to say LOL). I perhaps went overboard again about this very topic. I have a hard time accepting anyone telling me or others what anyone can say on a friggin chat board. Who died and made them boss?

As long as the post is not breaking the forum rules and the poster is respectful of other members of the forum, one can say anything that one wants to here. If anyone wants to complain about something, so be it. If someone don't like it, they should use their own advice and just move on.

If someone wants to explain (for the millionth time, I kid you not, I counted them!) that this is a free game and some stuff costs money, and the company needs that money to survive, then fine.

If you are not a glu admin guy, don't tell me how or what to post. Just sayin'
  • Options
    ruffshotruffshot Registered Users 63 Posts
    I am trying to understand the rules about complaining (IE: whining) here. First of all, the original whine about the whining was pretty vague. From the looks of it, we cannot whine about the high price of gold weapons, that is right out. We may be able to whine about how the game is delivered, it seems.

Can we whine about actually paying for gold, having it disappear, contacting customer care (CC), being ignored for twice the time CC promises, and then being told it is not their problem?

Can we whine about the new delivery system and having to wait for three weeks for something free to play and then getting a AR series that includes just 20 hunts? (I wasn't going to say anything, and then the Ripper being offered for HBs was a good add-on, and then this thread pops up, so anyway)

Can we whine about an entire device having an issue at the same time, like when the Kindle had the timing issue, or when FB players couldn't get theirs to work, etc.

Can we whine about not being able to transfer a game to the next new gadget without starting over?

Can we whine about having played these games for months and then having our game progress lost and reset to Region 1?

Can we whine about other posters having issues that they are having with the game (and we are not having) on chat board that is made for that?

Maybe someone can make a sticky that will let all of us know the rules on whining? Maybe we can form a Anti-Whining Police Department and chastise all that don't conform?

I can go on and on, but that is quite enough for now (not really, I do still have more to say LOL). I perhaps went overboard again about this very topic. I have a hard time accepting anyone telling me or others what anyone can say on a friggin chat board. Who died and made them boss?

As long as the post is not breaking the forum rules and the poster is respectful of other members of the forum, one can say anything that one wants to here. If anyone wants to complain about something, so be it. If someone don't like it, they should use their own advice and just move on.

If someone wants to explain (for the millionth time, I kid you not, I counted them!) that this is a free game and some stuff costs money, and the company needs that money to survive, then fine.

Yep, very well put.
  • Options
    LudwigLudwig Registered Users 32 Posts
    I agree wholeheartedly with you Tdub and TF. I cant understand how people are still upset after today. Am I the only one who appreciates that glu made the Darman Saw available for purchase with Hunter Bucks? Whether it was planned all along or they did it in response to all the recent complaints, its a great move on their part. Shows good faith. Thank you glu!!!! Awesome weapon and event

Wow, I wasn't aware they had made that available with HB. Thanks for the heads up!

I agree, there's no use whining about the game. I do agree that this region has made the game less fun with the wait, but as others have said, it's just a game.
  • Options

It is perfectly fine to air complaints about the game, but have the creators taken a single step to appease at least a few of those complaints in these threads?

This game is obviously far from perfect and could benefit greatly from some changes. This region has made this game less fun with the wait. I was thinking about deleting it on a few occasions last week but held on to see what happens. I mean, the thing sucks about 1GB of precious memory on my phone.

I don't understand why some users keep referring to this game as a "free game." It's not a "free game," in that sense of the word. It's riddled with advertisement. But whatever, it is what it is.

I much prefer the model Glu uses for DH2014. In that game I have many gold weapons, bought with gold that I have won within the game (bounties), as opposed to earning gold by watching some random videos on some platform.
  • Options
    Also, don't reply to large quotes. Just reply, I'm sure we will know exactly what you mean.
  • Options
    TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    Making a statement once can be considered an opinion or complaint. Saying the same thing over and over and over again, well that is what I consider whining...that is what gets tiresome to hear/read. JMO
    Say What??
  • Options
    todfoxx wrote: »
    Also, don't reply to large quotes. Just reply, I'm sure we will know exactly what you mean.

Will do! My apologies.
  • Options
    ruffshotruffshot Registered Users 63 Posts

Sorry, didn't want to get chastised for responding to the wrong quote. Everyone interprets things differently.
  • Options

Why not? This is exactly what my LARGE POST was about. No one should tell others how to post.

IMO, it is better to be specific as to what you are replying to than to leave it somewhat vague. No matter how long a post is, there are still 10 per page. Another way is to actually address the person you are replying to, but often it is just easier to use the "Reply With Quote" option.

Do you see what I did there? I didn't tell anyone how to do it, I gave my opinion and made a suggestion or two.
  • Options
    Loud and clear brother, I've been on this forum a long time. I was just giving a suggestion Roland! Do YOU see what I did there?
  • Options
    Tdub wrote: »
    Making a statement once can be considered an opinion or complaint. Saying the same thing over and over and over again, well that is what I consider whining...that is what gets tiresome to hear/read. JMO

How do you keep track of who says what? If 30 people say the same thing once, or 15 people say the same thing twice, or some other combination of saying the same thing 30 times, out of the thousands of people that play this game, how (or more importantly, why) is that offensive to you?

Even if one guy starts multiple threads about an issue they have, the nature of this forum will let those threads slip into obscurity fairly soon, even if people post to the threads. Many people don't read every post on this forum and just want to rant or ask a question. That is why we get so many "When does Region X come out?" posts and threads. Why get upset? Reply and help with an answer or ignore and move on. What could be simpler?
  • Options
    Loud and clear brother, I've been on this forum a long time. I was just giving a suggestion Roland! Do YOU see what I did there?

I hear you. It reads like you are PO'd at me.

It is so hard to read text and understand what emotion and true meaning is behind the message. The written word doesn't include winks or smirks or any other facial expressions that helps us humans communicate better when talking face to face.

That is why I think it is important to go the extra step when communicating with written words. Perhaps treading softer and wording things as a suggestion, rather than a directive, works better.

That is from someone who has made almost 6,000 posts in just over 5 years in another forum, has met multiple times with many members of that forum, and has lived to talk about it.
  • Options
    Not PO'd at all, Roland! It's all good :cool: life is to short for petty issues. Keep in mind what our main goal is here, having fun and enjoying tha game. Maybe, just maybe if we all just set some of our dislikes aside and just add what we would like to see in this game Glu may listen. Forum member DjRadNad, gave them a lot of input when Dino hunter was in beta testing. They even named a dinosaur after him "Radnad" remember that? Pretty cool!
  • Options
    blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    Darman Saw isn't in the weapons store anywhere on Facebook. I am positive it used to be.
    Facebook player
  • Options
    you may have to do the clear cache thing. Seems like a rash up facebook not updating problems recently.
  • Options
    Sunny ThaiSunny Thai Registered Users 439 Posts
    I play on Facebook PC and purchased the Darman Saw yesterday for HB's. Glad to see I can continue to play for free.
    Drink more beer. :cool:
  • Options
    Me too, fun weapon. I may have to break down and buy some exotics with real cash.