Options

The Gauntlet and The Gigawatt

Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
I am impressed with both exotics, but the Gauntlet is just surreal. 120 shots! my best exotic so far, better than the avalanche in my opinion
Playing on LG G4 (Android)

Comments

• Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    Have you used it? There is no series for it on my end. And I will not buy it without a weapon trial first.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Options
    Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    todfoxx wrote: »
    Have you used it? There is no series for it on my end. And I will not buy it without a weapon trial first.

I got them both and tried them with contract hunts. I love the gauntlet although the gigawatt is also cool. No series for them but I assume the series will be out next Thursday.
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • Options
    raptor obliteraterraptor obliterater Registered Users 18 Posts
    Just tried the gauntlet. At first I wasn't impressed but after holding down the fire button and cutting down a couple of extra dilophosaurases, I rank it in my top 3 favorites.
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    Yeah, if you just tap the fire button it makes you wonder what all the fuss is about and then you hold it down a bit longer and it becomes a brilliant gun!
  • Options
    My thoughts exactly pistoff.
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    I thought you weren't buying?
  • Options
    jerzy448jerzy448 Registered Users 58 Posts
    I must of missed something. I went to buy these guns to check them out but they not in the gun shop for me. Im on android. Is there some kind of update i missed or something?
  • Options
    Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts
    I think it was casajr that came up with the answer in another thread. When you go into a contract hunt, you will be given a choice of weapons to use. The two new exotics show up as a choice.
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad
  • Options
    pistoff wrote: »
    I thought you weren't buying?

I did say that, but I was curious. The upgrades were surprisingly cheap.
  • Options
    jerzy448jerzy448 Registered Users 58 Posts
    @roland
    Ty for the help. I would have never gotten those if you didnt tell me being as though i never paid attention. I brought them both and i must say that the gauntlet has quickly become one of my favorites. Again thanks roland
  • Options
    I think that putting those 2 exotics out was either a mistake or intentional. Wanting us to buy them at full price. Well, they got me. I went ahead and bought the gauntlet. But won't be doing that again. Glu is starting to get very money hungry! They had better put out some dynamic $hit soon or bye-bye for todfoxx!
  • Options
    casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    Well, Glu made $7.2M in Q3 from Dino, 85% from IAP's. Someone's buying the stuff.

67% of that came from iOS players. According to Game Center, there are about 5.5M players on iOS so (getting out calculator), that amounts to $0.75 per player in Q3. Not bad.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Options
    MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
    casajr wrote: »
    Well, Glu made $7.2M in Q3 from Dino, 85% from IAP's. Someone's buying the stuff.

67% of that came from iOS players. According to Game Center, there are about 5.5M players on iOS so (getting out calculator), that amounts to $0.75 per player in Q3. Not bad.

That's the problem of statistics. One weights 300 pounds because uses to eat 10 chickens a day and 9 are dying from starvation because they eat nothing. But according to statistics, all of them eat one chicken every day.

In Dino, GLU gets some (who cannot control their curiosity and spend hundreds of $) while a legion of penny pinchers are showing a finger to the prices of exotic guns. And thanks to statistics each and all of us spend $0.75 ....

Good for GLU. If one way or the other they can make that amount of money, that means that they will be longer in business. So those who cannot control their curiosity will continue to have chances to do it again, and PP will continue to benefit from that. Tutti contenti!
  • Options
    True....

If we assume that a gun costs $20 and 1 gun was purchased during the quarter, that means that 1 out of 26.7 people bought one, which means that about 206,000 bought one, which is 3.8% of the users. Multiple purchases reduces that, which, as no surprise, means GLU depends on a very small amount of users to finance the whole thing.

For us cheap people, Glu got 8.9%, or $641K from ad income.
  • Options
    True....

If we assume that a gun costs $20 and 1 gun was purchased during the quarter, that means that 1 out of 26.7 people bought one, which means that about 206,000 bought one, which is 3.8% of the users. Multiple purchases reduces that, which, as no surprise, means GLU depends on a very small amount of users to finance the whole thing.

For us cheap people, Glu got 8.9%, or $641K from ad income.

I think that "curious financiers" are an even smaller group. Buying exotics is like opening a bag of snacks: you cannot get just one. So, probably, multiple purchases from a veeeeeeery reduced group of addicts to blue rays and electric delayed explosions allow the cheap people army to keep killing dinos with slingshots (funnier by far, I have to add).
  • Options
    Menipo wrote: »
    ... allow the cheap people army to keep killing dinos with slingshots (funnier by far, I have to add).

LOL. My 15 year old daughter was watching me play once...."Dad, why are you shooting a Brontosaurus with a bow and arrow?"

Me: "Because I can".

However, to bring this full circle, this means that Glu needs to keep players like TF et al happy, since they are funding the game for the rest of us.
  • Options
    Your welcome
  • Options
    LOL. My 15 year old daughter was watching me play once...."Dad, why are you shooting a Brontosaurus with a bow and arrow?"

Me: "Because I can".

Thanks God you didn't say "Because WE can" .....

However, to bring this full circle, this means that Glu needs to keep players like TF et al happy, since they are funding the game for the rest of us.

I couldn't agree more. And on our side, we should start a fund raising campaign to erect them a statue in the courtyard of the building where the Penny Pinchers World Association has its seat. ;-)
  • Options
    We are grateful. Everyone has a choice on how to spend their own money.

For me, because of various constraints, I tend to spend mine in the following order.

1. Appreciable assets.
    2. My money pit kids and, to a lessor extent, my wife, as she has her own disposable income.
    3. Decent wine and beer, which I consider appreciable assets, because I appreciate them.
  • Options
    We are grateful. Everyone has a choice on how to spend their own money.

For me, because of various constraints, I tend to spend mine in the following order.

1. Appreciable assets.
    2. My money pit kids and, to a lessor extent, my wife, as she has her own disposable income.
    3. Decent wine and beer, which I consider appreciable assets, because I appreciate them.

Same priorities, though I use to change the order from time to time. Just for the fun of not being a slave to routines ;-)
  • Options
    :). #3 may increase depending on how #1 is doing.
  • Options
    Well then I guess it's a little different for me.
    1. One kid in college(paid for) another son making it on his own.
    2. Wife that has her own successful career.
    3. Me, job(thriving) then hunting/fishing, games and beer!

Does that make me a bad guy for buying and spending gold? I simply do it because I CAN!! :cool:
  • Options
    :). #3 may increase depending on how #1 is doing.

Absolutely. Sometimes one cannot wait to enjoy a good Rioja till the fourth Aston Martin is added to the collection.... ;-)
  • Options
    todfoxx wrote: »

Does that make me a bad guy for buying and spending gold? I simply do it because I CAN!! :cool:

A bad guy? Not at all. Most to the contrary! You are our hero!!!!!!