Options

Beating the Legends?

geaux_tigersgeaux_tigers Registered Users 30 Posts
I am 9-67 against the Legends, and even the one time I got a 3-2 series lead, they proceeded to beat me 18-5 and 21-6 in the final two games. My rotation is Darvish, A. Wood, Wainwright, G. Gonzalez, and Kazmir. My lineup is Desmond, C. Gonzalez, McCutchen, Beltre, Hunter, Rizzo, Donaldson, Murphy, and Gattis. Anyone won the series from these guys yet, or have any pitchers that seem to do well at shutting them down to single digit runs?

Comments

• Options
    solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    You've got a darn good lineup and pitching staff. Have you upgraded everything to at least 6?
  • Options
    geaux_tigersgeaux_tigers Registered Users 30 Posts
    Everything is at 6.
  • Options
    champ_beauchampchamp_beauchamp Registered Users 79 Posts
    I made a thread about this already.
  • Options
    solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    Everything is at 6.

What about your bullpen?
  • Options
    Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    I've won 2-3 games a bunch of times but never the series
  • Options
    jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    hmm..... The lineup is pretty good for normal games but you will have a tough time playing the legend playoff.
    The 5 start pitchers can still be classified into good or great.

Based on my experiment, none of the 5 star RH SP can lock down the legend team whose ARM/STF attribute below 9.
    The ARM attribute will decide how much strike out the pitcher can have.
    The STF attribute will decide how hard the batter can get hits.

I know you will feel uncomfortable but the truth is that you must have some RH SP like Jose Fernandez to guarantee you will not fall into a 10-0 situation at the very first beginning of the game.

I understand you can win some of the games in the playoff series but unstable SP will make u suffer in the rest of the playoff games.
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    I have beaten the legends 5 times now, and the first time took me a long time. like I think I was 40-130. What made a big difference was I saved up gold and upgraded hitting and pitching to a 7. I know its a lot of gold, but I was getting more hits and it seemed to hold down their score a bit. It is so random how they score, and in bunches. I found a pitcher or two that seemed not to get hit as hard and placed them at 1 & 2 and would use ice packs to reuse the two. Looking at your rotation I would go with Wainwright and Wood. The softer throwing higher control pitchers with decent stuff seemed to do alright. I think the first time I won, It was Greinke and Sanchez that I kept re using. They were both 4.5 stars at the time. But they were not over powering. I had Darvish too, but he seemed to give up a lot of runs. I agree with jemic though, Having a pitcher with a stuff rating of 8 or 9 will help, but if the control is below a 5 then they will take a lot of walks. In the end its luck. You will eventually have a series that works in your favor. But you got to keep at it. Last thing I will say, LiverpoolFC gave me a piece of advice that helped me hit a little better, and it made sense. When you face the first 3 lefties have a right handed strong line up. Even sacrifice a better hitter to get a righty in there. Against the last two righties, have a strong left hand line up. If you look at your players stats splits on hitting you will notice quite the difference. Any switch hitters are good both ways. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    And wouldn't you know it geaux_tigers, it's half off team upgrades. Upgrade that pitching and hitting coach to 7, and beat those pesky Legends.