Options

Strategy to Fill Weaknesses

JGYankJGYank Registered Users 49 Posts
I have a couple of 3 star SP and a 3 star catcher that I'm looking to replace. I'm hoping to at least get one 3.5 star SP and one 3.5 star catcher. What would be the best way to do this? Should I get #1 picks, 1st rounders because I can get more of them, or should I try the positional drafts? I've also thought about getting Yadier Molina (4.5* R 8 4 2) from the packs for 1,200 gold. Would it be worth it to get him, or should I try to get an equivalent or better catcher for say 4 catcher draft picks? I know the positional drafts are just more expensive 1st round picks but it could really help to eliminate all the other positions. I've also considered Ryu (4.5* L 6 9 6) in the packs but that pack costs 2,000 gold. I'm saving my cash for upgrades until I get them to 6.

Comments

• Options
    jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    If you have a chance getting better players from free agents pack, don't try positional drafts.
    Positional draft has players from 2~5 star. Trust me that you will have most of your drafts wasting because of getting only two star player from positional draft.

Upgrading start pitcher first because defense is the only part you can't control in game.
  • Options
    So you suggest getting Ryu? I don't have the patience to save up 2000 gold.

Also I agree it's important to upgrade defense because of what you said as well as they only let you rent position player for some reason. I don't rent them, but if I did it would be nice to have some SP or RP available.
  • Options
    Yes I do but depends on how long you can get enough gold bar to buy him.
    Ryu stays in my team for a long time even he is only a 4 star player at that time.
    His breaking ball is good and average ERA/WHIP are good too after several games in legend level.

Anyway, you still can choose the way you like to build your team. Good luck!!
  • Options
    Also how would you rank these position players: 8 4 2, 6 7 3, or 6 6 5?
  • Options
    JGYank wrote: »
    Also how would you rank these position players: 8 4 2, 6 7 3, or 6 6 5?

It is just my opinion. I prefer the first one.
    I think the decision tree in this game is like below flow.

Batter swing and contact the ball
    1) Is it a hit(HITS decides things here)? Yes to 2, no to 3
    2) How far the ball is driven(POWER decides things here)? xxxft. xxxft will decide whether this is a homer or 1/2/3B.
    3) Ground out/fly out

You can observe the BA/SLG/OPS in stats page and see this trend.