Saw something new

Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
After playing this game a lot, I figured I'd seen all the hit and out types in the game. Yesterday I hit a homerun off the right field foul pole. Never seen that. Anyone have a unique hit or out they had not seen before?
Prev13

Comments

• Maida_gcMaida_gc Registered Users 172 Posts
    Cracked the foul pole a few times, so I'm upset when it curves JUST by for a foul ball.

Still waiting to see the triple play. Maybe I'm glad I don't.

Hit a ground rule double once. But it was a game glitch. Ha. Left Fielder flat out missed it and it bounced over the wall. Game froze after that, so thinking that may have been a one off.
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Yea never saw the ground rule double or triple play. My other favorite is the swinging bunt. Full swing little roller up the line that is a hit.
  • TheBest100028TheBest100028 Registered Users 11 Posts
    Ive had 3 triple plays against me, 1 homer off the pole, no ground rule doubles and 4 grand slams ( I feel their kind of rare ).
    Ive had 3 triple plays against me, 1 homer off the pole, no ground rule doubles and 4 grand slams ( I feel their kind of rare ).

Just lost my triple play virginity. Son of a B!. The second I hit the liner to first base I knew I was f'd, so I was prepared enough to grab a screen shot.
  • geaux_tigersgeaux_tigers Registered Users 30 Posts
    Runners at the corners, soft liner to third and my guys decided to haul ***. 3rd baseman catches it, throws to first for the second out, then back to third for the final out. I hate how the runners don't even bother to go back to the bag.
  • ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    The craziest thing I have seen has happened twice to me. If you hit a hard liner inside the first base bag, it will roll into the right field corner, and the commentator will say, "it's a hit". The right fielder will run past the ball and stand at the edge of wall, not touching the ball. Seconds later the center fielder will run past the ball, and stand right on top of the right fielder. The game freezes at this point. Bizarre glitch!!!
    Can right handed batters get infield hits down the first baseline? That I haven't seen yet.
    Funny you mentioned that. I just did it with L Ben Revere. Literally just now.
    Oops. My bad. You asked about righties. So no I have not seen it.
  • Srol1332Srol1332 Registered Users 25 Posts
    Just hit into my first triple play. So weak. Had Justin Upton up with the sacks loaded and went line out 6-3-6.
  • Bboyce2121Bboyce2121 Registered Users 52 Posts
    First time doin same last week
    I had Carl Crawford, a lefty, successfully bunt for a base hit down the first base line. First time seeing that.
  • Slickr4Slickr4 Registered Users 19 Posts
    I must say hitting the fair pole with a homer is probably the sweetest thing that happens in the game. Grounding into double plays with your best hitter up with 1st and 3rd and one out is a close second.
    I had something happen this morning, that was totally nutty. Beltre hit a hard single to right field, and it went through the outfielders legs and rolled to the wall. At first I was psyched, but no fielder went after the ball, and I had to re-boot the game.
    I've played over 1,300 games, and I've never seen this before.
  • Sterling TigersSterling Tigers Registered Users 2 Posts
    My son told me I got a triple play against him a couple of weeks ago. No way to see it for myself though. Too bad... :(
  • jmannnjmannn Registered Users 26 Posts
    Top of the first inning just now I got hit by a pitch 3 separate times and walked twice. Pitcher was Cingrani.
    That has got to be pretty rare.
  • Detroit tiggersDetroit tiggers Registered Users 53 Posts
    In the past two days I have had so many strange things happen,. A couple were just unusual - I had a foul ball dropped, never seen that before. Had a ball hit over the head of the 1st baseman and as he ran to catch it was called out (he was facing the outfield wall, never turned around). But two things appear to be software glitches. Had an outfielder catch a ball and drop it and the ball rolled away, it wasn't called an error and never was picked up by any player. My patience ran out I rebooted game and found out I was out (he definitely dropped the ball). I also had some connection issues that made me keep rebooting. The game allowed me to play the same inning 5 times, each inning with different players, like the order kept moving but the outs and runs never counted.
    Okay, strange, strange incident. I had one of my hitters (Carlos Gomez) swing at a pitch (which was a ball), and miss. You may ask, what's so odd about that? Problem is, he swung at the pitch on his own!!!!!!!! I never touched the screen. I have played 1,500+ games, and have never, ever seen this before. Has anyone else ever had this happen to them?
    Greasy thumbprints have caused that for me.

I had a new thing happen, you know when your lefty goes oppo down the third base line, foul, but it 'curves' fair in time for the 3rd baseman to grab it and throw you out. Well I had Valbuena (lefty) rocket one down the 3rd base line, much harder than the usual ones that curve fair, this one also curved fair, but WELL beyond 3rd base. Rattled around the Left Field Corner for a bit before the outfielder grabbed it. Double. It was DEFINITELY a foul ball. I'll take it.
    I just had a black Madison Bumgarner pitch against me for one inning.
    Just hit 4 homers in a row. I hadn't ever hit more that 2 back to back before. I took a screenshot, but can't seem to insert it here...
    That's awesome jmann. I've accomplished that feat once myself, and also saved a screenshot.

I forgot about this thread, but had something weird happen about a week ago. Buster Posey was hit in the head by a pitch! After hitting his helmet, the ball nearly rolled back to the pitcher's mound. I've had many, many batters get hit by pitches, but I had never seen one get plunked in the noggin before. Also, I had never seen a ball react like that after striking a batter.
  • solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    ~Lawman~ wrote: »
    That's awesome jmann. I've accomplished that feat once myself, and also saved a screenshot.

I forgot about this thread, but had something weird happen about a week ago. Buster Posey was hit in the head by a pitch! After hitting his helmet, the ball nearly rolled back to the pitcher's mound. I've had many, many batters get hit by pitches, but I had never seen one get plunked in the noggin before. Also, I had never seen a ball react like that after striking a batter.

How is Posey?! Is he alright??!!
    Yeah Solermen, he's doing just fine. Batting nearly .400 for me!
  • QLDoriginQLDorigin Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 60 Posts
    Since we are on the subject of something new....
    Played a game yesterday, Greinke had me shutout 3-0 after 6. In the 7th, my opponent brought in Alfredo Simon, a starting pitcher! Not sure how he did that. Anyway I tied it and went into extras where I scored 4 in the 11th and won 7-3. Simon went the whole 5 innings, never showing a "tired" or "fading" rating. That's a first for me.
  • thesheriff33thesheriff33 Registered Users 97 Posts
    I've unfortunately hit into a triple play as well, but the weirdest thing that happened to me is one of my pitchers has had a balk. I like to read the summary of how the other team's half inning went, so when I saw a balk I almost fell out of my chair
    With a man on second, I hit a double over the left fielders head. It one hopped to the wall and went underneath. Past the stands and to a blue ocean like void. I waited. Nothing happened. I restarted. I was credited a double and run scored. Played thousands upon thousands of innings. Never seen this.
  • tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    I had a balk called in back to back games.
    This might be the strangest thing that has ever happened to me. Two outs, runners on 1st and 3rd, and I hit a weak roller to shortstop. I also had a steal on with Brantley (speed 7). The shortstop threw the ball in the dirt, and went passed the second baseman. As if the ball was a yo-yo, it went back to the second baseman, and even though the runner was already on the base, Brantley was called out. Absolutely crazy.