Options

Key to this game

atimmons01atimmons01 Registered Users 20 Posts
First, upgrade your team a bit so you can actually win some games.
Second, Save up about 2 million cash and as much gold and first rounders as you can
Third, all at once, draft about 750 late rounders until it tells you there are no more available. this will eliminate all players 3 stars and under. then draft all second rounders. this will eliminate all players 4 stars and below. then use all of your gold and first rounders on first rounders (not #1s). All of the picks will be 4.5 stars or higher. The game will be very slow so make sure you do this all at once. that was my mistake. depending on how many first rounders and gold you have you should have about the best team possible with no money invested.

Comments

• Options
    princebizzprincebizz Registered Users 32 Posts
    Haha, when I read the thread title, I was planning on reading something cheesy and making fun of you.

But!

You're absolutely right... This will work if you have the patience. However this does take the fun/frustration out of the game.

I actually tried this and even after a several hundred late rounders I noticed a difference in better draft picks, but it runs so slow I couldn't take it anymore.
    Team name: PHAMILY
    Club name: CARDINALS
  • Options
    Now I realize you are the same person in the inactives thread. Bravo, I'm glad to see you achieved your goal. Play me in game with your super team when your satisfied, I'm very curious.

Although I am sure it will be similar to legend play off team.

In-game team name: Gold-Sox

Feel free to punish me for assuming your post was going to be cheesy.
  • Options
    Monkey ChickensMonkey Chickens Registered Users 9 Posts
    Great advice. As someone who is further in to the game, would you assume I would get the same result by over the long haul buying 2nd rounders and not trading in my inactives? The key seems to be taking the lesser players out of the pool.
  • Options
    There are still late rounders in the first round and #1 overall pick pools. Late rounders are cheaper to exhaust the 1-3 stars. You could do this with all second rounders but it would be a much higher cost.
  • Options
    jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    Good job!!
    That is the cost effective way to drain out the draft pool.

However my suggestion is "DON'T DO IT" at this moment. Holding a lot of inactive players will make the game too slow to play.
    You finally will trade these players for #1 pick.

If GLU doesn't have a plan to increase the substitution space and they change the player's attribute again, this gonna be your nightmare.
  • Options
    That's the reason I suggested saving up. I am in a no win situation now. Too far to trade, too slow to get it done effectively. I am almost done with second rounders. It will then take me a while to accumulate enough gold to get a great team. I'm watching a lot of videos. If I had to do it again. I figure 1,600,000 cash and about 8,000 gold would just about do it.
  • Options
    NoGameNoLife24NoGameNoLife24 Registered Users 22 Posts
    Sounds like a very interesting idea. How many second rounders would make secound round picks unavailable?
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Not sure NoGameNolife... But I will ask... How much wood would a woodchuck chuck.... :) By the way its your turn to hit!
  • Options
    NoGameNoLife24NoGameNoLife24 Registered Users 22 Posts
    Haha alright, it seems intersting but time consuming especially with my busy situation right now. Sorry about that, just lost in the playoffs again. Your're up!!
  • Options
    It takes about 1000 players to wipe out everyone 4 stars and below. I am done with them. I am now drafting only 4.5 and 5 stars.
  • Options
    It's amazing!!! Just player after player. Mccutcheon, martinez, pujols, price. just player after player. I just replaced my whole team. If you were smart and did this all at once it wouldn't take as long as it took me. But it has been worth it for all the players.
  • Options
    Haha that's sick
  • Options
    holy xxxx!!! It is amazing that you stick to the final moment!!
    Congratulation!! You can now use ur team to kick somebody's ***...
  • Options
    jmannnjmannn Registered Users 26 Posts
    I'm in the middle of trying this out. I have drafted about 460 inactives and now when I try to draft another player, the circle in the middle spins for a minute, and then the baseball app stops entirely and says that baseball has stopped. Anyone else have this problem? I'm on an Android phone. I'm not sure if this matters or not. Suggestions?
  • Options
    This is one of the issue I reported to Glu two or three weeks ago.
    The game will crash randomly while drafting players. Too many inactives is just one of the reason.
    It will still consume your money or gold but you will get nothing.

I test this issue only on android device but have not tried iphone yet.
    Glu sent an response to me earlier this week and they "THANK" my patience while they are still investigating this problem.

My suggestion is that "STOP drafting players when you see this problem happen". The problem will just repeat if you don't clean all your inactive players.
  • Options
    Slickr4Slickr4 Registered Users 19 Posts
    Unbelievable...just finished saving all my cash (2.5 mil) and bought $100 worth of gold with itunes cards during 75 gold first round pick promotion. I have every single player in the game. I drafted all the low rounders, then second rounders. Started using my 75 gold picks...Trout, Harrison, Kershaw, Cabrera, Victor Martinez, Tulowitzki, all on my team now. This guy is not lying, your game will run CRAZY SLOW for a couple weeks, but it's worth it, oh my goodness I have a legends team now.
  • Options
    solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    Slickr4 wrote: »
    Unbelievable...just finished saving all my cash (2.5 mil) and bought $100 worth of gold with itunes cards during 75 gold first round pick promotion. I have every single player in the game. I drafted all the low rounders, then second rounders. Started using my 75 gold picks...Trout, Harrison, Kershaw, Cabrera, Victor Martinez, Tulowitzki, all on my team now. This guy is not lying, your game will run CRAZY SLOW for a couple weeks, but it's worth it, oh my goodness I have a legends team now.

How much cash and gold do you need to draft all the players? 2.5 mil cash? How about gold?