Region 9

GlfjunkeGlfjunke Registered Users 68 Posts
When will the event series be able to be completed in order to move on to region 9?

Comments

• ruffshotruffshot Registered Users 63 Posts
    Glfjunke wrote: »
    When will the event series be able to be completed in order to move on to region 9?

I wouldn't hold my breath. Maybe by Christmas
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    My hopes is that after the last map piece is won we move right into region 9. And at least start the first hunting series. We are due a new region, I will NEVER visit region 8 again!! :cool:
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Switta70Switta70 Registered Users 28 Posts
    I had region 9 on my iPad then it updated and disappeared

Got back from holiday and ready to start slaying dino's
  • DinoDeerHunterDinoDeerHunter Registered Users 144 Posts
    lol so much for regin 9 eah i still suck regin 8 #4 special series almost finished but it stuck at the near end with the ! on the far right green bar what the heck going on?
    hey i wish they set the special weapon lose i could get the heck out of regin 9 where all the special become require to find part of the regin 9 map i only found 7 out of 9 =P
    u r right about get the heck out off dodge regin 8 suck it require to play through with all special series to get on to the next regin
    todfoxx wrote: »
    My hopes is that after the last map piece is won we move right into region 9. And at least start the first hunting series. We are due a new region, I will NEVER visit region 8 again!! :cool:
    hey they guy playing the governor in walking dead show look like the pic on your avatar there
    https://image-cdn.zap2it.com/images/the-walking-dead-the-governor-dead-too-far-gone-season-4.jpg
  • blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    Dude, that's Kurt Russell as Snake Plisken! He was kicking tail before the governor's daughter had turned.
    Facebook player
    Don't be messing with my man Snake! Lol, I put him on here because of the Plissken references to the weapons on Deer Hunter. I may change him out.
  • SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    todfoxx wrote: »

I'm with you...
    I looked back through old threads. R8 came out Oct 16. Before that they were coming out every 3 weeks. Based on the old schedule, we should be well into R10 and asking about when R11 will be out.
    Instead... Can't wait to say good riddance to R8.
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts
    For Dino Hunter:
    Region 8 has eight "events" so far, with at least one more to go to get the last map piece. I'm counting everything on the map as an event except contract hunts.

Region 1 had three events.
    Region 2 has five events.
    Regions 3-7 has six events each.
    Region 8 will have at least nine events.

For Deer Hunter:
    Two regions have had five events.
    Seven regions have had four events.
    Five regions have had three events.
    Four regions have had two events.

In Deer Hunter, the higher event count regions have a rare hunt. Some of the special events have disappeared, so the actual event count would be higher. The special hunts usually are in older regions that we have already completed. Many times, when the hidden regions come out, we go back to an older region to play the rare hunts. There doesn't seem to be any "going back to older regions" play in Dino Hunter.

In Dino Hunter, there are no rare hunts, but there are exotic hunts instead. It seems like the exotic hunts are causing the increase in events and glu gets twice the play for these in region 8. First, the players with gold buy the exotics and play the series. Then the players without gold buy the exotics a week or so later when they are available for HBs. This tends to stretch things out.

So, yeah, region 8 seems to have taken forever. On the other hand, Deer Hunter seems to have also stretched out the time between regions. It seems, at least to me, that there is a lot more contract hunting going on between releases. More contract hunting or more no hunting at all.

I can see a point where I would consider deleting DeerHunter2014 around the new year and then starting over. I would be more careful with my gold and I would get more actual hunting in. Then, if Dino Hunter continues down this same track, I would delete and start over when I caught up with DH2014. That may take me into the fall of 2015, when DH2016 may come out.
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad
    Interesting thoughts Roland, but to start over? Man, I don't know if I could do that. Maybe I'll look for a new game, and just wait awhile on my Glu games.
  • Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts
    TodFoxx, I went through 4 or 5 regions in DH2014 before I understood how to use the second weapon. Yeah, there were also more things I didn't understand at first, so it might be fun to go back through it all over again. I actually started playing the game right after New Years Day, but I didn't join this forum until June.

With Dino Hunter, the learning curve didn't even apply. The Kindle release was late and I was able to read here about some of the differences, like shooting at the red circles, etc. Dino would be harder to start over, but if the waiting got too long between releases, I may be tempted.

Another difference is that it seems that I have had more opportunities at free gold after I moved to Charlotte. A couple videos to watch plus reading an advertisement for 10 seconds each day helps increase the total. If we ever get the gluwallet for Kindle, that also would also keep me hanging around.
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad