David Ortiz

I picked him up in the most recent promotion that was ran on Black Friday. MY question to the community is that is his stats bugged? He has stats of 6/9/1 and he batting a .80 with me with 25 ABs. The lowest person on my team (besides Ortiz) is batting .242 with 120 ABs, and he has stats of 5/7/5.

I had to spend a lot of gold to get him in my DH spot and expected a lot more production from him. He replaced Howard who was hitting .236 with 26 jacks in 432 AB's.

Has anybody else had issues with Ortiz? Has it just been ****py luck with me so far?

Comments

• solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    wait until you have at least 500 AB. Baseball is a statistical game. 25 AB is just toooooo small of a sample size.

And, his hitting is 6, so I would expect him to hit between .250-.280 depending on your upgrade level.
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    ^^^ 100% agree.
  • Butthole PleasuresButthole Pleasures Registered Users 23 Posts
    Well I've never started that cold with anyone, much less a 4.5* player. It just seems very, very low even if its a small sample size.
  • Aliraza125Aliraza125 Registered Users 1 Posts
    I have taken numerous screenshots when I finish top 3 and not receive gold rewards. I plan to submit a complaint to Apple requesting the app be pulled until this is fixed. Maybe we should all do that and complain to Apple/Google.
    If you are looking for fast success in Brain Dumps.com exams then join today to explore complete microsoft dumps HIT-001 dumps and pass bac certification on first try. A person can chose www.tabor.edu a+ training for his Goucher College
  • ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    I agree that the sample size is too small, but that does sound like very low batting average. Question for you, has Ortiz hit into a lot of outs, or has he struck out? To be fair with Ortiz, he has to put the ball in play for it to be a fair comparison to other players.

I had Ortiz on my team at one point, and he was solid. if I remember, he batted around .250 ish, but he hit quite a few HR's for me. Funny, I recall Ortiz starting off like a ball of fire, and then he seemed to drop off.
    Solermen offers good advice, but I understand your frustration. To me, waiting for 500 AB's is too many. You should start to see his average go up and then level off after 200 AB's or so.
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    When I drafted Trout, after his first 100ish or so at bats he was hitting right around the Mendoza line (.200). I wasn't striking out much, he just flew out almost every time. Over time and in the next 200 or so at bats he climbed. And right around the 400 mark he passed .300. He's now at a steady .324. But he is an 8 and the other forum members are right. A 6 hitter will hit (depending on your upgrades) .240 - .280 in my opinion. Give it time and like Lawman said, it's obvious I know, but you got to put the ball in play on good swings. Good luck!!
  • The MachineThe Machine Registered Users 5 Posts
    I'm having the same issue with Ortiz!! Picked him up at the Black Friday event and after 62 ABs he's hitting .274 with only 1 HR. But it honestly feels like he's batting way lower. What's happening is I can almost never get a hit with him, but when I auto-play him it's the only time he gets hits and got that sole home run. I've never had a player with 9 power hit home runs so infrequently. Trumbo and Duda are 9s and hit HRs at least every 20 ABs and Duda was over .320.
    Anyway I'm also running out of patience with Ortiz and may replace him with someone that gets on base more frequently like Jay or Reyes.
  • Battered UpBattered Up Registered Users 5 Posts
    The opposite is true as well. I picked up Adrian Beltre (9/6/2) who's batting .500/.520/.750 after 24 ABs. I don't expect it to last, but it's nice while it is.
  • Maida_gcMaida_gc Registered Users 172 Posts
    Got Ortiz during Black Friday, been solid, especially vs RHP. Total Stats: 383 ABs, .277 AVG, 23HR, 67 RBI, 16.7 AB/HR Rate. Team is mostly speed, so he's a nice change of pace.