New Update is pretty cool

solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
Compete in real league can be exciting. More ways to get star player is also exciting.

Comments

• princebizzprincebizz Registered Users 32 Posts
    I'm not sure I knew what you're talking about, I haven't noticed any differences yet
    Team name: PHAMILY
    Club name: CARDINALS
    Could someone elaborate on new features?
  • solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    go to your app store and download.

Anyone figuring out the details of public league?
  • redbirdredbird Registered Users 39 Posts
    oh wow, lots of changes with new update. Looking at them now.
  • jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    A new update can be downloaded for now.

(1) Compete in leagues and tournaments
    Leagues are round-robin style competitions to earn players and franchise coins
    Tournaments improved to provide more information

(2) Leaderboards are now part of the compete section

Other updates
    Franchise coins added to game prizes
    pitcher balks
    pinch runners in key situations
    improved login streak messagin
    Hoping these can't be exploited the way that tournaments were to start.

Looks like for every tournament you play everyone and everyone plays you. Kind of cool concept I guess.
    It appears they may have fixed the top 5 gold thing also. I'm in number 1 and actually showing up first instead of the dashed line.
    jemic wrote: »
    A new update can be downloaded for now.

(1) Compete in leagues and tournaments
    Leagues are round-robin style competitions to earn players and franchise coins
    Tournaments improved to provide more information

(2) Leaderboards are now part of the compete section

Other updates
    Franchise coins added to game prizes
    pitcher balks
    pinch runners in key situations
    improved login streak messagin

I don't have enough gold to join the league yet, but i will as soon as i have 1600 gold. it looks pretty cool though.

I am guessing the time limit is imposed on each game? So for the 10-game league, it can take as long as 10 days to finish?
    Their prices are still ridiculous..... Like seriously where do they come up with this ****.. bonus games are 80 gold or 8000 cash. But the league is 150 gold or 64000 cash. That makes no sense. You would think they would have come out with a consistency when it comes to how much gold is equal to X amount of cash by now.
  • Maida_gcMaida_gc Registered Users 172 Posts
    Got into a league with a SUPER team. Laying a pretty good beating on everyone. Leagues are a bit different than tournaments, it's 14 Round Robin games, you play 7 of them (home games) and teams play you 7 times, of which you see the results. So rewards on 14 games pays off a lot more than a tournament, hence the increased price tag. Not that it's still not high, just some rationale.
    Maida_gc wrote: »
    Got into a league with a SUPER team. Laying a pretty good beating on everyone. Leagues are a bit different than tournaments, it's 14 Round Robin games, you play 7 of them (home games) and teams play you 7 times, of which you see the results. So rewards on 14 games pays off a lot more than a tournament, hence the increased price tag. Not that it's still not high, just some rationale.

So your team is significantly better than the other ones? Are they in the same division?

How does the time limit work? If you join the quick league, do you have one day to finish one game, or to finish the whole league?

What if there is a tie?
    Has anybody try the most expensive league?
    The teams in there are SUPER RICH. None of their batter/start pitcher/relievers is less than 5 star.
    I have pretty much fun in there. It is just like playing with 5 legend team and make me so excited.
    My current win/lose ratio is 60% and it is possible not getting any reward.
    Anyway, this idea of end game feature is cool but if the price can be lower, it will be nice for us.
    jemic wrote: »
    Has anybody try the most expensive league?
    The teams in there are SUPER RICH. None of their batter/start pitcher/relievers is less than 5 star.
    I have pretty much fun in there. It is just like playing with 5 legend team and make me so excited.
    My current win/lose ratio is 60% and it is possible not getting any reward.
    Anyway, this idea of end game feature is cool but if the price can be lower, it will be nice for us.

I am waiting on other players to join in the top league. Sounds like I'll be screwed.
    solarmen wrote: »
    I am waiting on other players to join in the top league. Sounds like I'll be screwed.

You will have five bonus game to play. After every game, you will receive 100/50 gold for wining the game or losing the game.
    Wining or losing doesn't matter here but you can have some fun in the league and that is money can't buy. Good luck bro...
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Solarmen, your group needs one more? Let me see if I can get the gold together. So u get gold after every game? And you control the outcome in 5 games and are just given the results of the other five? Can observe the anything from it, like the score after each inning?
    solarmen wrote: »
    So your team is significantly better than the other ones? Are they in the same division?

How does the time limit work? If you join the quick league, do you have one day to finish one game, or to finish the whole league?

What if there is a tie?

My team seems average. There is just a Legends quality team in the tournament that is 6-0 awaiting results on his other 8 games. I'm currently 3-6 and have played all my "Home" games, played each team once. So I just need to wait until the other teams play my team and hope for some wins.

I have 12 hours left before I must get auto-winned my remaining games since my games are now out of my control.

Haven't been in a tie, but it would go to quality of win vs team you're tied with during your home games I'm sure assuming you're tied with that team. Suppose you could have beaten that team twice and still be tied, in that case H2H always trumps.
    I'm trying to save up a million bucks to draft ALL the players... so that 64k entry I'd say didn't payoff
    Maida_gc wrote: »
    My team seems average. There is just a Legends quality team in the tournament that is 6-0 awaiting results on his other 8 games. I'm currently 3-6 and have played all my "Home" games, played each team once. So I just need to wait until the other teams play my team and hope for some wins.

I have 12 hours left before I must get auto-winned my remaining games since my games are now out of my control.

Haven't been in a tie, but it would go to quality of win vs team you're tied with during your home games I'm sure assuming you're tied with that team. Suppose you could have beaten that team twice and still be tied, in that case H2H always trumps.

So you are not really playing against them? You are still playing against the App, just like you play against Legends?
    Amused_79 wrote: »
    Solarmen, your group needs one more? Let me see if I can get the gold together. So u get gold after every game? And you control the outcome in 5 games and are just given the results of the other five? Can observe the anything from it, like the score after each inning?

I have been waiting for a couple of hours for other players to join, and it's still pending. There is a "Withdraw" button after pending for a while, so I hit it... and my gold is refunded.

I guess not a lot of people are interested in Jose Abreu!
    Yes. each of the 7 home games you play can be completed in minutes. Their team is auto played.
    Maida_gc, the away games, do you have any way to monitor them once they are underway? Or do you just get the final score and stats. And lastly, the games that you were away, did they effect your players stats? Meaning if your player homered while you are away does it add to you players stats upon completion?
    redbird wrote: »
    It appears they may have fixed the top 5 gold thing also. I'm in number 1 and actually showing up first instead of the dashed line.

Im seeing this too. No --- it is giving me a number. Guess we will see at the end of the leaderboard day if top 5 do truly get gold again.
    Just the results after the games. As for stats counting, Win Loss being effected, or even counting towards daily totals (although that one must), I don't know.
    I'm guessing the home games would count since you played them. And the away games would not.
    So I joined a tournament instead. And I got 200 gold after EACH game. This is crazy. I ended up getting Hanley Ramirez for only 750 gold (1500 to join, and 800 in reward)... too bad he's going to be an OF next time they update the stats. I could really use a 5-star SS.

next reward on the 1500 tournament is Adam Jones.
    Amused_79 wrote: »
    I'm guessing the home games would count since you played them. And the away games would not.

This makes the most sense. I was just informed I won a game 11-9. But couldn't actually see HOW, & was not rewarded for it in anyway except from moving up my league standings. So 64k to enter the tournament, you'll get your 7 played games rewards only.
  • jays9293jays9293 Registered Users 18 Posts
    Does anyone know if you get gold for winning games in the 64K league? That seems like it could be a way to turn cash into gold.