Beating Legends..

baseball1baseball1 Registered Users 1 Posts
Just recently got here and I am like 1-16 or something along those lines. Is it better to spend gold on upgrades or attempt to get your team better with draft picks? I am not spending $ just curious. I recently upgraded one of my pitching to 7 the rest are all at 6. Is there some sort of strategy to it, or you just have to get lucky not to have the cpu put up not a lot of runs?

Thanks

Comments

• jmannnjmannn Registered Users 26 Posts
    My record is 11-120... I think you have to get better players, especially starting pitchers. I have most things upgraded to 8 or 9 and they don't seem to help.
  • TatimusTatimus Registered Users 40 Posts
    It has a lot to do with luck. I have full upgrades and a pretty stacked team and they are still very hard to beat. I think that once you've beat them the first time it might get a bit easier but I wouldn't know BC they keep stomping me. One strategy is to obtain a good right handed pitching staff to combat their powerful right handed lineup. I have had luck with Fernandez, Greinke and wainwright. Kershaw is always a wild card against them. Remember if the computer wants you to lose, you are going to lose.
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Tatimus is right. You do want starting right hand pitching against Legends. If you have a pitcher or two that have an 8-9 stuff rating and are right handed, start them. Place them as your ace and #2 and use an ice wrap (you should have tons of those) after the second starter. Only use these two. A stuff rating below 8 and you really run the risk of big innings. The first time I beat it I lost close to 130 games and my upgrades were all 6 except for 7 in hitting and pitching coach. You just have to keep playing and eventually you will get a series that goes in your favor. You just hope for the series were they do not score a lot and you have figured out their pitchers tendencies. One last thing, against their first 3 pitchers focus on having a righty strong line up. The last two starters they have, (Cueto and Darvish) insert those lefties back in. A 7 hitting lefty will get on more then a 8 hitting righty against a right hand pitcher. It is frustrating beyond belief, but just be patient as you can and you will eventually beat them. Good luck!!
  • princebizzprincebizz Registered Users 32 Posts
    This is all really great advice. Well put fellas.
    Team name: PHAMILY
    Club name: CARDINALS
  • Battered UpBattered Up Registered Users 5 Posts
    Uh, I lost to Legends in seven games my first attempt and beat them in five my second. One lose was by 12 runs - which was pretty frustrating.
  • JneubarthJneubarth Registered Users 9 Posts
    I'm 0-5 against them and counting and lose by double digits every time

my two aces are lester and samardzija and i keep getting destroyed

lineup can score a few but I can't stop them
  • jmannnjmannn Registered Users 26 Posts
    I once lost 30-5 in a game against the Legends. That ties the MLB record for runs scored in a game. Too bad I was on the wrong side.
  • solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    I just finished a game against the Legends... I scored 14 runs in the first two innings, only to watch the Legends scored 12 runs in the next 8 innings... Luckily I scored two more in the 8th, and finished the game at 16-14!
    Jneubarth wrote: »
    I'm 0-5 against them and counting and lose by double digits every time

my two aces are lester and samardzija and i keep getting destroyed

lineup can score a few but I can't stop them

Lester is a lefty, and their right handed dominant hitters are going to give him fits.
    And I believe Samardzija stuff rating is a 7. A little low.
    Unless u have your pitching upgrades to a 7-8, you may need to hope on a righty starter with an 8 stuff rating.
  • QLDoriginQLDorigin Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 60 Posts
    How would a rotation of Sale, Stasburg, Bumgarner, Fernandez, Price do against the Legends?
    If it's Jose Fernandez, he does pretty good against Legends. I have him and use him a lot against them. You want to avoid using Lefties, and you have 3. Avoid using Price for sure. Probably Sale with a 9 stuff rating would fare better then Baumgardner. Strasburg only has a 7 stuff, and I've seen him get beat up by the Legends. I would use Fernandez and Sale and then an ice pack. If Sale struggles, just keep ice packing Fernandez. You can give Baugardner a shot, he's kinda the wild card here. Good luck!!
  • KingdinglingKingdingling Registered Users 211 Posts
    jmannn wrote: »
    My record is 11-120... I think you have to get better players, especially starting pitchers. I have most things upgraded to 8 or 9 and they don't seem to help.

You are correct. At first you can tell the difference but after two games it's like W-T-F.
  • QLDoriginQLDorigin Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 60 Posts
    As an experiment, I took Matt Moore (3*) SP out of in actives and installed him as "Ace" for a game against the Legends. My normal Ace, Chris Sale, gets hammered by the Legends (and most everyone else.) Sure enough, Matt Moore goes 7 innings, 4 hits, no runs, 8 strikeouts!!! I end up loosing 6-3 as the bullpen gives it up in the last two innings.
  • solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    QLDorigin wrote: »
    As an experiment, I took Matt Moore (3*) SP out of in actives and installed him as "Ace" for a game against the Legends. My normal Ace, Chris Sale, gets hammered by the Legends (and most everyone else.) Sure enough, Matt Moore goes 7 innings, 4 hits, no runs, 8 strikeouts!!! I end up loosing 6-3 as the bullpen gives it up in the last two innings.

Interesting. I have Kluber, Wacha, Darvish, Price and Zimmerman. Wacha is the only 4.5* and, sure enough, performs the best against the Legends.

I have beaten the Legends six times, including one sweep. I've learned that it doesn't matter who you put on the mound, the Legends can and will score more than 10 runs in one inning... you just have to keep fighting and hopefully there will be one series that all your pitchers perform well...