Region 9; kind of a let down

Bernard_BlackBernard_Black Registered Users 36 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I was glad to finally leave region 8 behind. But region nine not only doesn't play any better, there are some settings that are pretty much identical in look to region 8! I refer specifically to the level with the "arch" out in front of you; that's almost a direct copy of the same setting from 8.

And, as before, the contract hunts are as boring as hell. You kill the same number of the same five dinos over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. C'mon, Glu; you have the dino models in the system; how about adding some variety to the contract hunts? I mean, that's where everyone spends their time now anyway, because the weapons cost so much that you HAVE to play contract hunts to earn enough money or crystals to buy them.
Enjoy. It's horrid, but quite short.

Comments

• pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    Tis exceedingly boring. You win a handful of crystals in the main hunts and then are required to spend over 600 on one upgrade, forcing you to spend dozens of energy blocks grinding away in the contract hunts. The bow series in R8 was similarly tedious. Even worse is that some of the R9 hunts use the same background as the R8 ones!
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    pistoff wrote: »
    Tis exceedingly boring. You win a handful of crystals in the main hunts and then are required to spend over 600 on one upgrade, forcing you to spend dozens of energy blocks grinding away in the contract hunts. The bow series in R8 was similarly tedious. Even worse is that some of the R9 hunts use the same background as the R8 ones!

Your being daft, you continue to play right?
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • triggerhappytriggerhappy Registered Users 159 Posts
    todfoxx wrote: »
    Your being daft, you continue to play right?

You are correct, we do continue to play, but I think it's more for the reason that we want to see what is next and not that we enjoy playing the same hunts over and over again. Pistoff is correct. You have to use all of your energy on contract hunts in order to maybe purchase one upgrade. ONE! Then all that upgrade does it get you about 5 or 6 hunts in the exotic series and then you are back to playing a ton of contract hunts in order to purchase the next upgrade. This and DH2014 are becoming way to time consuming.
    You are correct, we do continue to play, but I think it's more for the reason that we want to see what is next and not that we enjoy playing the same hunts over and over again. Pistoff is correct. You have to use all of your energy on contract hunts in order to maybe purchase one upgrade. ONE! Then all that upgrade does it get you about 5 or 6 hunts in the exotic series and then you are back to playing a ton of contract hunts in order to purchase the next upgrade. This and DH2014 are becoming way to time consuming.
    Then don't waste your time.
    Then don't waste your time.

Are you one of the developers? You seem to get your panties in a bunch anytime someone says anything negative about this game.
    Are you one of the developers? You seem to get your panties in a bunch anytime someone says anything negative about this game.

No, but if it don't freaking like it then move on! Or better yet write your complaints down and mail them to Glu. It seems that all everyone does here is bit**, b*tch, bi*ch! And as far as panties, yo momma...
  • LudwigLudwig Registered Users 32 Posts
    No, but if it don't freaking like it then move on! Or better yet write your complaints down and mail them to Glu. It seems that all everyone does here is bit**, b*tch, bi*ch! And as far as panties, yo momma...

Easy does it, TodFoxx. Let other members blow steam. They're not wrong. This game just got too boring. It was great until Region 8. It would have been okay if the game allowed the use of HB to upgrade weapons, since most of us had millions to spend, but with the introduction of crystals, it's back to grind. I deleted the game. It just got too boring.
  • NellypearsonNellypearson Registered Users 40 Posts
    Nice reply Ludwig. Todfox always likes to tell people to go elsewhere when someone expresses any negative opinion. Freedom of speech is only allowed when TF agrees with it
    Nice reply Ludwig. Todfox always likes to tell people to go elsewhere when someone expresses any negative opinion. Freedom of speech is only allowed when TF agrees with it

Not true Nelly, if it's a legitimate complaint, like a bug or glitch in the game then I agree. Glu's made it now possible to buy weapons and upgrades with crystals that you earn. Unlike gold that you can buy. If you think hard about it they have given us a option. Now people are complaining about that! This is the way the game is period. Play it, have fun or simply find another game that suits you better. Or design one yourself.
  • ruffshotruffshot Registered Users 63 Posts
    I'm just ticked that my 350 million hunter bucks that took countless hours to accumulate, now seem to useless. Screw the crystals.

The new Silent Night event proves my point. Over 6000 crystals just to buy the weapon required. An event that is required to move on in this game. They need to increase the payout to contract hunts. At least 100 per hunt for crystals. You get 10 hunts with full energy. Once that is used up you usually only have to wait a minute or two before you get another bar of energy. So 11 hunts in one session. That would be 1100 crystals. So depending on how much you play you can get the required crystals in not a very long amount of time. For me that would be a few days..i place once or twice a day. But with the way it is now..32 crystals per hunt (dont know if it increased with the new event) it's going to take forever with the same **** hunts over and over again. Just to purchase the gun. I can only imagine how much each upgrade is going to be. The only good thing is it's only 20 hunts so I am guessing maybe only 3 upgrades like some of the other events. The game simply isn't that much fun anymore.
    The new Silent Night event proves my point. Over 6000 crystals just to buy the weapon required. An event that is required to move on in this game. They need to increase the payout to contract hunts. At least 100 per hunt for crystals. You get 10 hunts with full energy. Once that is used up you usually only have to wait a minute or two before you get another bar of energy. So 11 hunts in one session. That would be 1100 crystals. So depending on how much you play you can get the required crystals in not a very long amount of time. For me that would be a few days..i place once or twice a day. But with the way it is now..32 crystals per hunt (dont know if it increased with the new event) it's going to take forever with the same **** hunts over and over again. Just to purchase the gun. I can only imagine how much each upgrade is going to be. The only good thing is it's only 20 hunts so I am guessing maybe only 3 upgrades like some of the other events. The game simply isn't that much fun anymore.

Point taken, this is starting to get ridiculous! They have lost sight of with this game. It needs to go back to the style when it first came out, it was a whole lot nicer. Now we have no certainty of what to expect. Hunter bucks are useless now? Come on Glu, listen to your customers and make the right decisions. And yes I'm trying hard to be polite here! Being that I am a long time player of deer hunter, and Dino hunter I can say that this game needs attention. Or it will suffer.
  • SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    I can say that this game needs attention. Or it will suffer.

Point of correction... It is suffering. And suffering badly at the moment.

I haven't given up on HBs quite yet, as I am guessing that they could be used if we ever see another non-exotic series with a standard weapon.

Forcing us to do the exotic events to collect map pieces started out looking like a blatant cash-grab to force us to buy insane amounts of gold with real money. Glu capitulated with the "no hunter left behind" stuff and the introduction of the crystals to move forward.

Now it looks like their strategy with the crystals is to make the numbers required to move on so ridiculous that we give up and buy insane amounts of gold with real money. In other words, the crystals were nothing more than a ruse.

I get the "freemium" model. I respected Glu in DH2014 in that they made it possible to complete normal game play at no cost with reasonable amounts of game play. Special events, etc. were not required to progress, and I was OK with occasionally spending my gold to have a bit of fun and distraction from the basic game. Sometimes I sit events out-- my call, not Glu's.

I started playing Dino Hunter because of that DH2014 experience, and it was good until R7. As of R8 (and especially R9), it no longer applies. It seems like it will soon be impossible to progress in the game without either spending every waking moment grinding through mind-numbing contract hunts in search of crystals, or forking out truckloads of real money.
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
    I won't be doing either of those. 6000 and some blue crystals is around 200 contract hunts at 32 a pop!
  • Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    Fellow hunters...
    Allow me to present the opposite view. I think that 6000 crystals is a resonable amount. A ten-hunt series earns you 450 crystals if u play region 10. This means that 4500 crystals are achievable in one single day if you log on and play "normally" and I mean by that playing a ten-hunt series every 100 minutes over a 16 hour period. At worst, 6000 crystals are possible to accumulate over two or three days if you hate contract hunts.

Having cystals as an option is definitely better than just restricting weapon acquisition to gold.

On the other hand, the game after region 8 has incurred the wrath of hunters rightfully because of Glu's approach and I agree that the game "needs attention" as Todfoxx said. Perhaps this "attention" started as the exotic hunts were withdrawn from region 10. We were all expecting a "normal" region that has trophy hunts AR series, Shotgun series, rifle series etc then the exotics hunts added...not exotics at the very start!
    I hope the matter is fixed with a better region 10 knowing that region 9 was pointless.
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
    How do I reach region 10 when I can't complete region 9 yet? I've read on here that the Silent Night weapon, still unavailable as I type, is 6225 crystals just to buy and I have about 240. This means I have to do nearly 200 hunts in R9, just to buy it and then who knows how many more to upgrade the thing before even reaching R10!
  • DinoDeerHunterDinoDeerHunter Registered Users 144 Posts
    hey tod if u play this game can u do it better than this guy beat 50 level just in 1 go?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeRI3WXVu1E
  • DinoDeerHunterDinoDeerHunter Registered Users 144 Posts
    the bird dino int that game look not much detail to it same thing with the Allosaurus and the Trex look kinda wacky with huge head on tiny body almost like those kind ob bobble head they put on the people car dash board =P maybe some of u game designer should go to the team design the those 4 so the could look more real so horrible to think them look so fuke and ugly
  • Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    pistoff wrote: »
    How do I reach region 10 when I can't complete region 9 yet? I've read on here that the Silent Night weapon, still unavailable as I type, is 6225 crystals just to buy and I have about 240. This means I have to do nearly 200 hunts in R9, just to buy it and then who knows how many more to upgrade the thing before even reaching R10!

They have withdrawn the silent night event and the exotic series of region 10. So unless u played it already you are likely not to have it. Looks like they are working on some bugs. In the meantime try to collect as many crystals as u can unless u have enougy gold to purchase the Darman Silemt Night pistol when it "comes back"
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    In the meantime try to collect as many crystals as u can unless u have enougy gold to purchase the Darman Silemt Night pistol when it "comes back"

I do hope that sanity prevails. I can't imagine doing 1,000 contract hunts to reach R10 then doing another 1,000 to complete it. Please bring back rifles, bows, AR's, and shotguns. I'm really losing interest.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • SlicerSlicer Registered Users 33 Posts
    casajr thats what im about, this game is getting f... up, and GLU must think about it very seriously, or most of us will play something else, its plenty games to choose from so no need for such a drastic prices on guns ..
  • mark5487mark5487 Registered Users 51 Posts
    You would think with all the new updates and holiday hunts added to deer hunter 2014 not to mention they award you free weapons for completing different hunts.with all they pput into deer hunter glu should have made better updates/upgrades to dino very disappointed with the limited add-on's.
  • SlicerSlicer Registered Users 33 Posts
    its even to positive, i would say those updates where total disaster of all times, i never seen such a game with such a poor care, i will wait and see for the folowwing update and if they decide to release that silent night **** for 6000 crystals i will delete my game right away, very simple