Options

1st base problem

JGYankJGYank Registered Users 49 Posts
Recently I got Encarnacion (4.5* R 6 9 3) as a 1st baseman replacing Carlos Santana (4* B 4 9 3) who is still on my bench. After close to 100 ABs, Edwin has not hit at all. He's hitting under .200, with only decent power. He's flying out a ton and when he doesn't fly out he hits into the shift or hits a pop up. The rest of my lineup is fine, but he keeps killing rallies as my cleanup hitter. Santana hit around .240 with a lot of HRs for me. I know it's a small sample, but how long of a leash should I give Edwin? Should I replace him if he keeps struggling? What are some 1st baseman options that are upgrades?

Comments

• Options
    solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    I would give him a few hundred more AB, and if it still doesn't work out, go back to Santana.

I have had Steve Pearce, 7/8/4 pretty much since I started playing this game. He was a 4.5* and upgraded to 5* after the stats update. There are quite a few nice 1B out there, Abreu, Cabrera, Goldschmidt, just to name a few. But I don't know how to get them. I haven't been able to draft any 5* since probably Oct.
  • Options
    Detroit tiggersDetroit tiggers Registered Users 53 Posts
    I would also consider that Santana is a switch hitter which means his batting is probably better than the number 4 indicates. take a look at the batting average versus R and L handed pitchers. Finally, are these numbers against the same quality pitchers? I have stats for players I have had for a long time that are better than my recent additions but it is entirely due to the fact that many of those stats came at the hand of lower rated pitchers when I was playing lower level .
  • Options
    JGYankJGYank Registered Users 49 Posts
    Santana's numbers are from about the same level, maybe from some weaker pitchers though. I just used a franchise coin on Abreu but instead of replacing Encarnacion at 1st he replaced my DH one of my bench players was put in my outfield instead of my starter when I played the games I had Abreu for. Why is this?