Best way to spend 15k in gold?

yaybaseballyaybaseball Registered Users 98 Posts
I have 15,000 in gold. Any advice on the best way to spend it? I assume I should wait for a sale? What picks should I use it on?

Comments

• Maida_gcMaida_gc Registered Users 172 Posts
    How much cash do you have? Check out the guys attempting to "Run at all the players". Or I guess if you love your team, it's best on the upgrades. Yes, wait for a sale AND a player reward before doing so.
  • yaybaseballyaybaseball Registered Users 98 Posts
    Maida_gc wrote: »
    How much cash do you have? Check out the guys attempting to "Run at all the players". Or I guess if you love your team, it's best on the upgrades. Yes, wait for a sale AND a player reward before doing so.

I only have 150k in cash. I might buy/earn a bit more gold before a sale.

Say I have 20k in gold. Should I buy #1 overall picks or just first round picks? My roster (especially the pitchers) aren't very good. What's the best way to get 5 star players?
  • TatimusTatimus Registered Users 40 Posts
    #1 draft picks are the way to go in my opinion. You may want to wait for a player give away also. That way you are guaranteed at least one 5*. With 15k gold you will pick up some good players though.
  • dtrain987dtrain987 Registered Users 198 Posts
    Out of curiosity, how long did it take to accumulate 15k gold? Every time I get near 1,000 I get excited.
    dtrain987 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, how long did it take to accumulate 15k gold? Every time I get near 1,000 I get excited.

Took me 10 days. I'm at 18k now. So assuming a sale, I would be able to get 80 #1 picks or 240 first round picks...

I'm hoping to get a couple 5 star players (I have none at the moment; have a few 4.5 star guys). Might also save some gold for a few upgrades, depending on how it shapes up.
  • jays9293jays9293 Registered Users 18 Posts
    How do you get 15K in gold in 10 days?

Are you doing offers or just getting 50 or 100 gold rewards for games played? How many games a day do you play?
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    If you are going to spend the money on picks, #1 picks will yield more 4-5 star players then 3x the 1st rounders. Depending on what u already have, u should come out with at least 3 great players with that many picks. Remember to trade in ur picks after 5-6 to see if u can trade ur inactives for another #1. Best of luck to you.
    jays9293 wrote: »
    How do you get 15K in gold in 10 days?

Are you doing offers or just getting 50 or 100 gold rewards for games played? How many games a day do you play?

I'm almost at 24,000 gold now. I think I'll spend 12k for Trout, then save the other 12k for another sale.

I've bought a little gold, but it's mostly due to the free gold offers. I usually can make 2-3k a day. I don't play that many games (some days I just play 1-2 innings) though I might win the occasional 500 gold from the daily rewards if I do manage to play a few full games in a day.
  • dtrain987dtrain987 Registered Users 198 Posts
    Wow, that's nuts. I wish I could snag that much from the free offers. I got banned from trial pay a few weeks ago after watching the Comcast video enough to earn 1,200 gold or so in two days. Now the only hope is to watch the Glu videos for 4 gold.