Hey Glu, here are some ideas to make your game less annoying

blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
Sorry for the curt title, but no one is happy with Region 10. Why? Because it's exactly like region 9. The only difference I can see is, the animals take 12 seconds to appear on screen... which is annoying. So to spare you from having to read everyone's threads on here, below is a condensed list of what bothers me and other gamers about the current region:
1) If we have just finished a contract hunt, don't try to start us on an exotic hunt. We don't have enough crystals to play that hunt, or else we'd be playing it! It's an annoyance to have to move to the contract hunt we are doing every single time. Stop it.
2) If you insist on 2,000 crystals (or whatever magic number), charge more for the initial cost of the weapon and lower the upgrades. I don't mind playing a few dozen contract hunts to be able to move on. It's part of every "freemium game" strategy. But it's incredibly annoying to finally get enough for the new weapon, play one hunt, and then need to play another 25 contract hunts before you can continue.
3) If you are going to copy a region in lieu of giving us something new, at least don't copy the one we just finished. That's Bush league. An exact copy of one of the first three regions would have been better than this.
4) Speed the frickin' contract hunts up!!!! For the love of all that is holy, we are trying to fly through these. It's bad enough that we are playing the same old tired hunts as last region, but don't make us sit there for an extra 12 seconds before dinos come on screen. If I had my druthers, I'd just hit one nuke button, kill them all, start the next hunt in one second, and repeat until out of energy.
5) When we actually get to play the exotic hunt, can't the crystal reward be a little higher than on contract hunts? There's literally no incentive other than getting through the map.
6) Hunter bucks. We played a lot of contract hunts to earn these. That time should count towards upgrading the new exotics. I have 150 million, and am still playing ****py contract hunts for crystals now. Let us spend these! Even if it costs a lot more to upgrade with bucks, we shouldn't have them just sitting there, forever growing, with nothing to use them on.

I've played this game since launch and really enjoyed it. But it's getting to a point I don't even want to bother. Some days, I never open the program, even though I need to harvest a ton of crystals to continue. The contract hunts are just that boring, and they take too long. Seeing as the contract hunts are 95% of what we play, you really shouldn't make them miserable. Thanks for looking, and I welcome anyone else's input.
Facebook player

Comments

• TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    Could not have said it better...well maybe ;)
    Say What??
  • Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts
    Nice list. Here is a couple more:

7) The flying lizards don't attack any more. In the earlier regions, if you wounded one, it turned in your direction and tried to kill you. The new ones may as well be called Terra-Duck-tills.
    8) In one of the earlier regions, the Big Dino had a couple smaller raptor friends to distract you while you tried to finish the Big Guy. It was a harder than usual hunt, but it was a lot more fun than just lobbing a multiheaded rocket above them.
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad
  • Neil BalsamNeil Balsam Registered Users 64 Posts
    I second...
  • mark5487mark5487 Registered Users 51 Posts
    IF They glu would only read these maybe there would be some changes I can't believe I'm still playing I've accumulated over 55,000 crystals have over 180,000,000 HB and approximately 700 gold coins WHY It's the anticipation that maybe Glu will make this game enjoyable again,However you couldn't have said it any better they have to make the payouts way more equal to the value of the hunts.these tedious contract hunts with such minuscule payouts is BS.I'll say it again GLU MAKE THIS GAME FUN,FAIR,AND ENJOYABLE AGAIN.
    mark5487 wrote: »
    I've accumulated over 55,000 crystals have over 180,000,000 HB

Have you made any purchases with Crystals?? I have twice your HBs and have to do contracts to upgrade????
    Say What??
  • Max SterlingMax Sterling Registered Users 311 Posts
    Thanks for taking the time to post this blu ridge. I agree with each point you make and like your suggestions. The same goes for yours Roland, each time I do the kill 6 flying Dinos hunt, I've been wondering why they don't attack as in previous regions lol.
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    At this point ANY changes would be acceptable. I do not think they could make it worse than it is. And they need to do it fast, enough of this Thursday releases. If they have something, put it out there! And not another F'ing exotic series! Bring back the game it once was, or hire someone to get the job done!
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
    Yes Tdub ,however I'm completely finished all I can do now is either do contract hunts in region 10 for 45 crystals or go back to region 8 and receive 15 crystals and 126,000 HD,either way its just the same boring contract hunts over and over again.all. I can do now is to hope glu gets something new for us,invested to much time into this to stop now but when they do at least I'll be ready.
  • Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    Does anyone have a hint for me on how to get through the last exotic hunt in Region 10? I've tried about 20 times and I always get killed trying to kill the last dino. The weapon we have to use really sucks. I'd rather use the Gauntlet, or the Avalanche. Any help will be appreciated.
    :mad:iPad 4:mad:
    If i remember it correctly kill the one closet to u first then killthe next closet that should work.
  • Neil BalsamNeil Balsam Registered Users 64 Posts
    U have to hit them in the circle or it doesn't hurt them much. I think that it was 3 good hits
    Ok, thanks. I'll keep trying, but I'm getting pretty pi**ed off.
    I finally got them. Thanks for the help Neil and Mark.
  • nik_ivanovnik_ivanov Registered Users 36 Posts
    Tanner96 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a hint for me on how to get through the last exotic hunt in Region 10? I've tried about 20 times and I always get killed trying to kill the last dino. The weapon we have to use really sucks. I'd rather use the Gauntlet, or the Avalanche. Any help will be appreciated.
    I'll tell you how I did it - I killed the closest dino,then I slowed the other two dinos with a shot for each other.That gave me a little time to reload(I didn't upgrade the capacity).But if you upgrade it,you
    don't need to reload.You need 12 good shots to succeed,so accuracy is most important.Good luck!
    Tanner96 wrote: »

Just keep holding down the fire button, keep shooting and he will go down.
  • Sunny ThaiSunny Thai Registered Users 439 Posts
    A few posts back, I said I would put Dino “on the back burner”. Well, I must admit I suffered through all the contract hunts, saved enough crystals to buy the icicle shooter, and reach R10. The R10 exotic looks like something out of Men in Black. YAWN

Beer time
    Drink more beer. :cool:
  • pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    I haven't played for over a week now, I just visit here occasionally hoping to find something has changed. I still haven't finished HR4 in Deer Hunter yet, so that's keeping me going, as the Christmas guns are too pricey.
  • SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    pistoff wrote: »
    I haven't played for over a week now, I just visit here occasionally hoping to find something has changed. I still haven't finished HR4 in Deer Hunter yet, so that's keeping me going, as the Christmas guns are too pricey.

We are on the same page. I am doing the same.
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • AmmonitesAmmonites Registered Users 30 Posts
    Back on topic, I would like to suggest making the contract hunts more challenging. Seems mostly I just sit with my weapon and wait for the dinosaur to walk into the sight. Put more species in like with the regular hunts. Bring in the rare animals already. Let us revisit the trophies. I loved the designs, so if not revisiting at least a trophy room so we can look at them.
    Ammonites wrote: »
    Let us revisit the trophies. I loved the designs, so if not revisiting at least a trophy room so we can look at them.

The original DH (way back when) had a trophy room...
    Say What??
  • theangeliitheangelii Registered Users 123 Posts
    the thing that ****es me off is that you get 45 crystals for a contact on and 45 crystals for an exotic hunt
    you should get at least 5 times the amount of crystals in an exotic hunt that you do for my contact hunt
    it takes 200 contact to get one upgrade which lastfor only two hunts in an exotic hunt then you need to get another upgrade which you have to come see through another 200 contactions before you can upgrade
    it is ridiculous get with the program
    theangelii wrote: »
    the thing that ****es me off is that you get 45 crystals for a contact on and 45 crystals for an exotic hunt
    you should get at least 5 times the amount of crystals in an exotic hunt that you do for my contact hunt
    it takes 200 contact to get one upgrade which lastfor only two hunts in an exotic hunt then you need to get another upgrade which you have to come see through another 200 contactions before you can upgrade
    it is ridiculous get with the program

They have mistakes all over this point in the game! They have handed it off to the cleaning lady to run.
  • 63fire63fire Registered Users 1 Posts
    I agree with all the above suggestions. After a week of mind numbing contract hunts I was excited to reach region 10 only to find the exact same mind numbing hunts of region 9. I'm going to give this game a month rest then check back in. If Glu has not listened to their customers by then this game gets deleted. It's a shame. They started off so well with a great game that I'm sure took a lot of work but now they seem to busy spending the money they made off the customer to do anymore work for the customer. May be time to go back and re-rate this game to one star. You have one month to get your act together GLU.
  • AmmonitesAmmonites Registered Users 30 Posts
    I think it started to go downhill with the poor research into Meglosaurus. They looked up the dinosaur on Wikipedia and, rather than reading the article, based it on the grossly inaccurate 1850's statue from Crystal Palace Park, which happened to be the first picture in the article.
  • UltimaUltima Registered Users 36 Posts
    Stop ignoring us Glu. It's bad enough Gameloft, Z2 and many others are all doing all they can to take a dump on it's fans.
    Maybe this will cheer everyone up..LOL!

PGbtOt8.jpg