Options

Starting pitcher decision...

Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
Matt Shoemaker R698 or Corey Kluber R 888. Advice please!

Comments

• Options
    PeloteroPelotero Registered Users 8 Posts
    Amused_79 wrote: »
    Matt Shoemaker R698 or Corey Kluber R 888. Advice please!

I'd stick with Corey Kluber. He's the better SP. Whenever you have a decision to make on pitchers..Just search their statistics from this past season. I usually go off ERA & Innings pitched.
  • Options
    BravomanBravoman Registered Users 61 Posts
    I choose Corey Kluber , and I will give up Matt Shoemaker .
  • Options
    solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    Kluber has been my ace since Oct. His ERA is in the high 4, and will give up big innings once in a while. Nonetheless, he is the only pitcher in my team that I feel comfortable using in key situations.
  • Options
    ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    Kluber my brother, hands down!
  • Options
    QLDoriginQLDorigin Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 60 Posts
    Just this morning my team hit Kluber for 9 runs on 12 hits in 3 innings. Basically throwing batting practice. It would be nice if these 5 star pitchers performed close to real life. My teams 5 starters ERA - Tap Baseball/real life: Sale 3.82/2.17, Strasburg 4.13/3.14,
    Bumgarner 3.46/2.98, Fernandez 2.72/2.44, Price 4.03/3.26. I do see a trend. (Tap ERA vs mostly human players.)
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Yea I agree about the era. Add Kershaw to that mix. Believe his era was 1.77 last year. With me after over 2500 innings it's at 2.88. And I consider myself lucky it's that low!!

As for shoemaker, thanks for the advice and I'm in agreement. Kluber for me after over 2000 innings his era is 3.02. Guessing shoemaker isn't going to top that.