Region 8 Topic again...sorry

Jam78Jam78 Registered Users 3 Posts
Hi guys...apologies for rehashing an old topic, but I have read through the forum and still can't find a definitive answer.
I am currently stuck in what seems a Contract Hunt loop in Region 8, doing the same hunts over and over, with no sign of being able to progress further. I have Crystals and noticed some players saying they can be used to buy weapons to advance through the Exotic Series and then move on to Region 9, but all I see is that they cost Gold, which I cannot afford. The Crystals seem redundant now, as does my cash.
Does anyone in the know have any idea if Region 9 will be open to us who can't use a credit card?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    Jam78 wrote: »
    Hi guys...apologies for rehashing an old topic, but I have read through the forum and still can't find a definitive answer.
    I am currently stuck in what seems a Contract Hunt loop in Region 8, doing the same hunts over and over, with no sign of being able to progress further. I have Crystals and noticed some players saying they can be used to buy weapons to advance through the Exotic Series and then move on to Region 9, but all I see is that they cost Gold, which I cannot afford. The Crystals seem redundant now, as does my cash.

Does anyone in the know have any idea if Region 9 will be open to us who can't use a credit card?
    Thanks in advance for any help.

I believe you can buy the exotic weapons for region 9 with gold or crystals. Somewhere around 3,000 crystals to buy the skyhammer. And more to upgrade. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Try looking at the threads for region 9.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Max SterlingMax Sterling Registered Users 311 Posts
    Hey Jam78, I was able to play all of the exotics series in Region 8 and collect all map pieces for Region 9 without having to buy or spend any gold. all 5 exotics eventually became available for purchase using either Hunter Bucks or Crystals as well as gold. I'm not sure if it changed or not but it is the first region where the exotics were available to buy with game currency so if you haven't checked already, go to the weapon store and check the prices of the weapons and they should have a Hunter Buck or Crystal Price next to the 480 Gold price. If not you need to submit a customer care ticket to glu via the game or this forum. Hope I understood your question correctly and if not, sorry for confusing things further
  • Jam78Jam78 Registered Users 3 Posts
    Hey Jam78, I was able to play all of the exotics series in Region 8 and collect all map pieces for Region 9 without having to buy or spend any gold. all 5 exotics eventually became available for purchase using either Hunter Bucks or Crystals as well as gold. I'm not sure if it changed or not but it is the first region where the exotics were available to buy with game currency so if you haven't checked already, go to the weapon store and check the prices of the weapons and they should have a Hunter Buck or Crystal Price next to the 480 Gold price. If not you need to submit a customer care ticket to glu via the game or this forum. Hope I understood your question correctly and if not, sorry for confusing things further

Hi Toddfox and Max. Thanks a lot for the replies. I've double checked and the only box I have in the Exotic Series is via Gold, no option for HB or Crystals. I'll submit a customer care ticket, as suggested. Cheers for your help, much appreciated :)
  • pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    Might be teaching you to suck eggs, but you have checked for App Store updates right?